Cat/o Visa

yupha31

What kind of visa and what kind of stamp? If he is using a multi entry O visa that allows 90 day stay he must exit the country every 90 days and return to obtain another stamp. On the other hand if he has a one year extension of stay (retired or Thai wife) he only has to report his address every 90 days and that report can be done at any immigration office.

What kind of visa and what kind of stamp?  If he is using a multi entry O visa that allows 90 day stay he must exit the country every 90 days and return to obtain another stamp.  On the other hand if he has a one year extension of stay (retired or Thai wife) he only has to report his address every 90 days and that report can be done at any immigration office.

thanks

he has a multi o , a thai wife and he is retired.i am 48 have a thai wife ,i just want to do the right thing and keep my nose clean

cheers

He could have an extension of stay for support Thai wife or retirement and with either of those he would not need to obtain another visa or exit country - but he would have to report his address every 90 days.

If he is really here on 90 day entry stamps (no extension of stay) using the multi entry visa and not exiting the country I would strongly suspect he is not doing things in a legal manner.