Cheap Fitness In Pattaya*

radiola

Buy a Bcycle. Learn to skip like a boxer (practise / pretend first without a rope to get the rythmn). Do at least 5 full minutes a day. Swim lengths in a pool. Do press ups. Start with 5 sets of 2 on day one and progress each day until you are comfortable with doing a flat out 10 good full depth press ups then increase 1 press up a day. After a month = 40 a day and keep going on to 2 x 50 a day. You will look lke Garth in 12 weeks. Who's Garth ? let google be your friend.

Edited by lonewolf99

Buy a Bcycle. Learn to skip like a boxer (practise / pretend first without a rope to get the rythmn). Do at least 5 full minutes a day. Swim lengths in a pool. Do press ups. Start with 5 sets of 2 on day one and progress each day until you are comfortable with doing a flat out 10 good full depth press ups then increase 1 press up a day. After a month = 40 a day and keep going on to 2 x 50 a day. You will look lke Garth in 12 weeks. Who's Garth ? let google be your friend.

That routine is total overkill for the chest, front delts and triceps and will lead to overuse injuries sooner or later in most people. You need to take rest periods and you're neglecting the most important bodypart of all - your entire back and biceps. This is common because you can't see it. Get a chinning bar and alternate one day chin-ups and one day push ups. Less frequency will be even better and you'll get stronger faster.

... then of course there is another consideration and a very important one. How much do you weigh? For example, a 100 kg person with no training background is not going to be comfortable doing strict pushups and certainly won't be performing chin-ups,.

Edited by tropo

I dont know what is happening with my body but as soon as i not work out for few days, i quickly gain weight, and i am vegan.

I managed to drop weight to 90 from 102 in 6 month but it wants to go back as soon as I do not work out, i saw fintess today for 40 bht ha ha, i wonder how rusty it is, but ok i willtry to go there

why you think like that, are there murderers there?

Of course not Radiola,of course not.

I noticed the word "cheapness" in your notice requiring about fitness, also buses back to BKK for the the return flight (no taxi) and in another inquiry and complaining about some god forsaken cheap establishment in Pattaya.

Get it spent Radiola,cannot take it with you. When holiday time is up take a walk to Swampy airport for your return flight,think of the money saved and the extra fitness you will have acquired,go for it Radiola ,go for it

Edited by Rimmer

I think we have different menthality regarding saving money. I know how to save and how to secure my future, it is not my goal to be homeless when I am old. I rather be cheap charlie now and working hard, also with this attitude all the atm girls automatically fall off

I think we have different menthality regarding saving money. I know how to save and how to secure my future, it is not my goal to be homeless when I am old. I rather be cheap charlie now and working hard, also with this attitude all the atm girls automatically fall off

Maybe so, but many people won't understand why you want to skimp so much on matters of health. If you're not healthy you may not have to concern yourself with being homeless when you are old. Perhaps you need to prioritize your spending.

For cheaper independent places

There's a gym at PRS Hotel on Soi 17 that used to allow outsiders to use the gym. It was 500 Baht a month, don't know the day rate, swimming pool extra. I remember seeing it being refurbished a few years ago so it might be more expensive now.

Chevin Gym (Soi Day Night 2 I think) used to have day rates and tickets of 10 but I don't know if it exists any more?

There's a sign for a gym if you head up Pratumnak Hill from the junction of Third Rd. It's on the left where Jade Garden is. Don't know anything about that gym though.

There's also Universe Gym on Sukhumvit just north of North Rd., also know nothing about that one except a mate used to use it when it was located on Beach Rd. and he thought it was good.

Edited by PattayaParent

For cheaper independent places

Chevin Gym (Soi Day Night 2 I think) used to have day rates and tickets of 10 but I don't know if it exists any more?

It's gone. Wonder what happened to Duncan?

There's also Universe Gym on Sukhumvit just north of North Rd., also know nothing about that one except a mate used to use it when it was located on Beach Rd. and he thought it was good.

Universe is good, friend o' mine works out there regularly.

There's a sign for a gym if you head up Pratumnak Hill from the junction of Third Rd. It's on the left where Jade Garden is. Don't know anything about that gym though.

That gym closed down over 2 years ago - it's now a failing Indian restaurant.

... but there is an open air gym next to the police booth at the top of Pratumnak Hill at the intersection leading to the lookout. I'm not sure what they charge but it is very popular with the locals.

... but there is an open air gym next to the police booth at the top of Pratumnak Hill at the intersection leading to the lookout. I'm not sure what they charge but it is very popular with the locals.

I thought that gym at the intersection was only for the cops?

I thought that gym at the intersection was only for the cops?

No, anyone can train there. Lots of Russian tourists like to.

• 2 weeks later...

I found one near super expensive Tony fitness, they have thai and farang section, can you believe this?

I found a fitness very near, for 1200 per month. 3 storeys, but old equipement, big plus is the muaythai bags and ring, where I can train my martial arts

any more ideas, like 800 bht per month?

I found one near super expensive Tony fitness, they have thai and farang section, can you believe this?

I found a fitness very near, for 1200 per month. 3 storeys, but old equipement, big plus is the muaythai bags and ring, where I can train my martial arts

If you willing to come to NaJomtien, the Ambassador has a fairly decent gym and it is 4k/year or so. You can also use the badminton and tennis courts, play snooker, swim in the pools, etc.

Passed by there up the Hill last Saturday evening and the sign was all light up. Has the restaurant just used the same name as the gym?

If you willing to come to NaJomtien, the Ambassador has a fairly decent gym and it is 4k/year or so. You can also use the badminton and tennis courts, play snooker, swim in the pools, etc.

That's a good price, it used to be 11,000 Baht a year when I checked 5 years ago.

That's a good price, it used to be 11,000 Baht a year when I checked 5 years ago.

It's a little game they're playing now. I think the membership is like 16k, permits 2 adults and 2 kids. But! They are allowing 4 adults to "share" the membership. They keep names at the front desk. When there are 4, you pay 1/4th and you're good to go! It's a bit busy mid Dec to about now. Other than that, the place is dead.

Easy. Stuff a wallet full of newspaper so that's it's really bulging. Put the wallet in your back pocket making sure the top part is visible. Walk up and down Beach Rd starting around 10 PM. Your goal is not to be touched by any of the katoeys. If you fail, go back to start.

I guarantee you will be fit as a fiddle after two weeks, and the best part it's free (even though you'll have to replace the odd wallet)!