Airport Parking Securety

wincen

Just make sure you lock it well and preferably chain it to something.

I bought a extra thick chain and hose combo. I think I will lock it to those moveable steel barriers they use.

Moveable might not be a good idea. What happens if they need to use it elsewhere?

I was thinking along the lines of a nice big lamp post or something.

All the bikes are at the end of the parking lot sectioned off for bikes. Same as in the shopping centers. There is a security booth within feet, oops meters. I think those sections are my only option. The security guard would see anything that went on but for all know thats who tells the thiefs were the good bikes are.

Don't get me wrong. I've spent a total of about 1.5 years here and have never experienced theft first hand, but I've never owned a bike before and I hear they will just lift it into a truck a go.

It's been my experience that the Thai people are very trust worthy.

Edited by wincen

All the bikes are at the end of the parking lot sectioned off for bikes. Same as in the shopping centers. There is a security booth within feet, oops meters. I think those sections are my only option. The security guard would see anything that went on but for all know thats who tells the thiefs were the good bikes are.

Don't get me wrong. I've spent a total of about 1.5 years here and have never experienced theft first hand, but I've never owned a bike before and I hear they will just lift it into a truck a go.

It's been my experience that the Thai people are very trust worthy.

Is the security 24hrs?

A friend of mine just flew out of ChiangMai a few days a go and called the Airport taxi service and they sent a car to his place to pick him up and take him to the airport for 150Bt. Maybe that is a better way to go then leaving your bike at the airport. What is 300 in taxi cost (there and back) when you know your bike is not left in a public place. Not sure, of the number for the taxi service but it might be in one of the travel magazines