Anyone Travelling To Bali & Back To Thailand ? ?

jaapfries

Hi all,

If anyone is travelling from Thailand to Bali and back again to Thailand; I would like to ask an enormous favor. I need 1 bottle of Oddfellows Red wine for a very special friend of mine. It happens to be her favorite OZ-Red and it's not for sale in Thailand. However; it is widely available in Bali.

If anyone can help me, I would be very appreciative.

BTW, I am located in Jomtien (near Pattaya), but would be happy to travel to Bangkok, or whatever.

Cheers a lot,

JaapFries

Given the Malaysian drug laws, let alone those of Thailand, do you really think that anyone would be so stupid as to bring something through customs for someone they only met on an anonymous board?

Whilst I am sure that your initial intention is perfectly honest and honourable your lack of attention to detail and reality is woeful.

Failing that... Sukhunvit Soi 3 -5 in Bangkok will probably provide you with lots of wiling volunteers.

Given the Malaysian drug laws, let alone those of Thailand, do you really think that anyone would be so stupid as to bring something through customs for someone they only met on an anonymous board?

Whilst I am sure that your initial intention is perfectly honest and honourable your lack of attention to detail and reality is woeful.

Failing that... Sukhunvit Soi 3 -5 in Bangkok will probably provide you with lots of wiling volunteers.

Bit paranoid aren't we?

What drug risk is there involved with buying a bottle of wine in a shop of your choice and bringing it into Thailand?

Bit paranoid aren't we?

What drug risk is there involved with buying a bottle of wine in a shop of your choice and bringing it into Thailand?

Haha, I was thinking the same.

Also, what do Malaysian drug laws have to do with carrying a bottle of wine from Indonesia to Thailand?? blink.pngjerk.gif

whoops.... my geography let me down there!!

However there are many cases where people have, quite innocently, brought back a package/bottle/present arranged by someone else for someone else and ended up in prison as the package/bottle/present was not quite what it was expected to be.

As I stated before, I do not for one moment suspect that the OP has any malicious intent.

Well; thank you (some of you) gentlemen for scaring the pants of any potential volunteers ! ! !

Geez; a bottle of wine (to be purchased in any of the many, many shops in Bali: how could I possibly hide anything in the many many thousands of bottles . . . . . . . ? ? ?

In any event; a good friend, who saw my plea here, called me (from Bali) and is bringing me back that furtive bottle of Oddfellows, no thanks to some of you gentlemen ! !

jaapfries ... what is it with you and wine from Oddfellows?

Posted 2011-11-27 21:45:03

Is there anyone flying from Australia into Bangkok before Thursday 01 Dec.)? ? ?

If you are and you are willing to bring over two (2) bottles of Oddfellows wine, I will meet you at the airport in Bangkok, buy you a cold beer and pay you the purchase-price of the wine TIMES 2 ! ! !

I urgently need these 2 bottles of wine for a special event and these are not available in Thailand.

http://www.thaivisa....efore-thursday/