Duty Free Apple Store In Suvarnabumi

When you buy a computer you take your passport along. They stamp a receipt with a form and hey presto you get to claim 7% back at the airport. Which for a 39,900 baht computer is 2,793 for those who do there sums. Seems worthwhile to me.

Or just wait until you get to singapore or HK and buy it for 12-15% cheaper than the Thai price... :)

When you buy a computer you take your passport along. They stamp a receipt with a form and hey presto you get to claim 7% back at the airport. Which for a 39,900 baht computer is 2,793 for those who do there sums. Seems worthwhile to me.

Or just wait until you get to singapore or HK and buy it for 12-15% cheaper than the Thai price... smile.png

That's what I'm looking to do in Singapore but all's I can find is prices that are more expensive than Thailand.

Obviously a patient and savvy consumer will look for the best deal, hopefully factoring in all the relevant issues, including price, warranty cost of purchase (GST/VAT, CC fees, currency transaction fees, et al), time to claim refund. A quick comparison of the Apple TH, SG and HK websites for the base model macbookpro indicates an advantage (~ 6%) for HK, with TH and SG being nearly equal. I assume you can get GST back exiting SIN, which is the same % as VAT here I think.

Or just wait until you get to singapore or HK and buy it for 12-15% cheaper than the Thai price... smile.png

That's what I'm looking to do in Singapore but all's I can find is prices that are more expensive than Thailand.

Google DG Lifestyle. It's a great chain of Apple authorized shops in Hong Kong. In September I bought a 13" MacBook Pro, 128 gb SSD, core i7 (not the basic model) and a iPad 2, 16gb WiFi at a price of about 59'566 baht for both.

The reason all electronics are cheaper in HK is because they do not have any tax/vat etc on these products. It's even cheaper than Singapore.

Hong Kong also has other chains such as Fortress and Broadway but I recommend DG Lifestyle because I sent them an email 6 months prior my trip and asked if it was possible to order a MacBook pro with extra features and received a reply the same day.

10-14 days before my departure I mailed my order details and what shop I would pick it. Once again I received once a reply with a confirmation.

iPads were out of stock and bought it at Broadway. More crazy and not so personal but friendly and helpfull staff that gives you great customer service.

DG Lifestyle and Fortress had stores at the airport 6 months ago.

Cheers!

Edited by TobiasMattsson