Kidnapped American Girl Found In Thailand 5 Years Later

Buchholz

There must have been a hell of a cutody battle. I think most of the divorced men know the routine. Father gets every other weekend; if the mother hasn't made some kind of plans for the child on his weekend, which is what historically mothers are prone to do.

Its well understood that any parent (usually the mother) who uses a child to deny or make it tough for any child to move freely unencumbered between both parents who claim to love a child, and which the child loves is in my view, child abuse!!! Parents that use

a child in that many should face criminal charges.

In either case to use the courts to defraud a child of either parent regardless of the nature of the legal issue, which the exception of child molestation & child abuse, should be deemed a criminal act.

Many of the California courts over the last 15 years or so, have been granting both legal and joing custody to both parents, or what we call shared custody in the interests of the child.

That is the way it should be.

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post using all bold font, bold font removed.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOps posted

Being that the father of this girl is American....I would really want to know more about the story before I would call him a Kidnapper.Because in some cases that's what they call a father in America that should have his children but the feminist groups have to much control. And the Government makes more money off the father of a child when a mother ends up with the children.

The latest news out of the US OOps - FemiNazis have been forcing deadbeat dads into railway cars and sending them to Indigo Girls Concerts, and Obama does nothing!

This sounds awful. Neither situation is good for the child, but there may have been a very compelling reason for him to take the child. The system of child custody in most western nations sucks hard. The father has to prove that the mother is fiddling the kid or some such to get anything approaching fair treatment.

-OKS

Edited by ollyKS

• 2 weeks later...

Father pleads not guilty in 2007 abduction of daughter

Jeffery Shipman, 51, pleaded not guilty to a charge of international parental kidnapping before U.S. Magistrate David Peebles. The FBI arrested Shipman Feb. 24 in Thailand and returned his 8-year-old daughter, Deonna Shipman, to the U.S. The girl has since been reunited with her mother, Lioubov Shipman, who had legal custody of the girl in 2007 when Jeffery Shipman is accused of abducting her.

Jeffery Shipman, wearing a jail-issue orange jumpsuit and shackles on his hands and feet, told Peebles he could not afford a lawyer. The federal public defender’s office was assigned to represent him.

Until recently, Shipman was being held without bail in Los Angeles.

Continued:

http://www.syracuse....ilty_in_20.html

The Post-Standard . March 28, 2012

Father pleads not guilty in 2007 abduction of daughter

Jeffery Shipman, 51, pleaded not guilty to a charge of international parental kidnapping before U.S. Magistrate David Peebles. The FBI arrested Shipman Feb. 24 in Thailand and returned his 8-year-old daughter, Deonna Shipman, to the U.S. The girl has since been reunited with her mother, Lioubov Shipman, who had legal custody of the girl in 2007 when Jeffery Shipman is accused of abducting her.

Jeffery Shipman, wearing a jail-issue orange jumpsuit and shackles on his hands and feet, told Peebles he could not afford a lawyer. The federal public defender’s office was assigned to represent him.

Until recently, Shipman was being held without bail in Los Angeles.

Continued:

http://www.syracuse....ilty_in_20.html

The Post-Standard . March 28, 2012

Poor basta*d! mellow.png

I absolutely agree with our Macmundi.

With many of these women it`s winner takes all, total elimination of the male partner from the scene, no compassion or compromise. Why should they? These women have the full support of the law, the do gooder organisations and the State on their side acting as they’re henchmen.

Once the female partner has put the custodial wheels in motion, the guy is powned by the courts right up to the children are 18 years of age, but without hardly any jurisdiction over the upbringing of his kids, with the loss of most of his assets and forcibly imposed into a financial commitment for years after the divorce. It makes how some women in Thailand have cheated their farang husbands appear like chicken feed in comparison.

I knew of an acquaintance in the United States whose wife was having several affairs. One day she changed the locks on they’re apartment, brought in her family as backup and denied her husband access into the home. It took her only 3 days to acquire a restraining order from the court against her husband with virtually no questions asked. In many instances the mother has no need to prove her case in a divorce suit, her word taken as gospel no matter what defence the lawyers conjure up for the fathers.

There should be stark warnings to any men considering getting involved with women in the West, also the risks involved to farangs considering taking a Thai wife back to their home countries for settlement.

Not only are these systems completely bias against the fathers, but also inhuman and unjust. The only losers are the children and their fathers. Quite often when the children grow to adulthood, they end up hating the mother who perpetrated these vile acts against them and their father. So natural justice can prevail.

As you can see, I have strong views regarding these matters, it`s a sensitive subject with me and I will argue the point until the cows come home.

Really??? I think you might be referring to America. My experiences in Australia (part of the western world) are far different.

Like probably everyone on this forum I know many people whose parents went through divorce or separation. I can't think of many, or any really, who have ended up hating " the mother who perpetrated these vile acts against them and their father."

If anything, it has been the man who has come off better time and time again when separation has occurred. So many of the men I know, who go through a separation/divorce, pay next to nothing in maintenance: hide their assets and earnings to avoid more maintenance: See the kids whenever it suits them, which is not often. I rarely have seen this behaviour from the mother's side. Almost unfailingly, these same men will bleat incessantly about how they got ripped off, or the mother is a b*#*#*.

I know personally several people who grow up having no respect for their father, not the mother.

Your experiences are way out of kilter with my own.

Well my parents went through a divorce and my brother and myself were awarded to our mother and her abusive husband. (The courts allegedly knew what was best for us) We received constant physical abuse from her husband and our bitch of a mother did absolutely nothing. Our mother even denied us access to our father who would turn up constantly to see us but we were never alowed to speak to him being told he was a bad man. What total lies and rubbish we were being fed by her and the animal she married. My older brother committed suicide at 14 because of my mother and step father. I do not even speak to mother now and totally dispise her in everyway. I have a strong relationship with my father and 1/2 brothers and sisters who grew up in a happy normal family. Nope from my personal experience the mothers are the evil ones.

That's a shocker george. I hope you have found some peace now. My brother also committed suicide, albeit for different reasons, but it still left a train wreckage behind. Glad you and your old man have it all sorted out.

New York dad pleads not guilty to kidnapping

A non-custodial father accused of abducting his daughter nearly five years ago has pleaded not guilty to a single charge of international parental kidnapping. Jeffrey Shipman entered the plea Wednesday in federal court in Syracuse. He was ordered held until a detention hearing scheduled for Monday.

Authorities believe Shipman acted after losing custody of Deonna.

If convicted, he faces a maximum prison term of three years, a fine of up to $250,000, and one year of supervised release.

Continued:

http://online.wsj.co...e3ca158a91.html

Associated Press - March 28, 2012

Edited by Buchholz

Reports say he was not "found by the FBI" but that he handed himself in. Guess his passport ran out and he figured the game was up. Two observations though; what the hell was he doing in Pattaya? Secondly, poor kid is going to have to move in with her mother that she has basically never know. Maybe that's why he chose Pattaya so she could keep in touch with her Russian heritage.

As he has obviously been taking good care of her I hope he doesn't get treated too harshly.

New details of 8-year-old girl found in Thailand

New details in the case of the 8-year-old girl found in Thailand in February, were revealed Monday during a detention hearing for her father who is accused of abducting her five years ago. U.S. Magistrate David Peebles said Jeffery Shipman, 51, is a flight risk and should remain in custody until the case goes to trial.

In court today, Assistant U.S. Attorney Lisa Fletcher said Deonna revealed to a child protective worker that she never saw a doctor or a dentist and only attended school for one week during the five years she lived with her father in Thailand.

Fletcher said Deonna can only spell her first name and not her middle or last name. Deonna will turn 9 years old in August, which means she should be in third grade.

Continues:

http://www.syracuse....old_salina.html

The Post-Standard

Edited by Buchholz

Shipman and his daughter had fake Lithuanian passports, had “little means” and were looking over their shoulders, the prosecutor said.

In Thailand, Shipman was using the name James Robert Blundell, which according to the criminal police bureau of Lithuania is not a real person, Assistant U.S. Attorney Lisa Fletcher said. Fletcher would not say what name was on Deonna’s passport.

Deonna and her mother, who was granted sole custody two months after the girl disappeared, have been reunited, Fletcher said. Lioubov Shipman was studying nursing in Russia when Deonna was found. Fletcher would not say where the two are living.

Continues:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/father_kept_abducted_salina_gi.html

The Post-Standard

• 4 months later...

New York dad pleads not guilty to kidnapping

A non-custodial father accused of abducting his daughter nearly five years ago has pleaded not guilty to a single charge of international parental kidnapping. Jeffrey Shipman entered the plea Wednesday in federal court in Syracuse. He was ordered held until a detention hearing scheduled for Monday.

Authorities believe Shipman acted after losing custody of Deonna.

If convicted, he faces a maximum prison term of three years, a fine of up to $250,000, and one year of supervised release.

Continued:

http://online.wsj.co...e3ca158a91.html

Associated Press - March 28, 2012

He must have changed his mind....

Father pleads guilty to kidnapping his own daughter

A father has plead guilty to kidnapping his daughter in a missing child case that spanned the globe. Jeffrey Shipman admitted in federal court to kidnapping his daughter Deonna from her mother here in Central New York. On July 12, 2007, he flew Deonna, then 3 years old, from JFK Airport in New York City to London. Over the next 4 1/2 years he travelled with his daughter to England, to Germany, France, and Thailand.

He turned himself in to police in Bangkok, Thailand this past March. Deonna, now 9 years old, has been reunited with her mother.

Shipman could have faced a maximum sentence of 36 months in prison for International Kidnapping and up to one year of supervised release. In a plea agreement, Shipman will spend 30 months in jail with one year of supervised release.

Continued:

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?list=~\news\lists\entertainment&id=792168#.UDzNFph62So

CNY Central News

The crime of International Parental Kidnapping carries a maximum sentence of 36 months imprisonment and up to one year of supervised release. Shipman and the United States Attorney's Office have agreed on a binding sentence of 30 months imprisonment and 1 year supervised release.

Sentencing is scheduled for January 4, 2013.

Channel 2 News

http://www.wktv.com/news/crime-reports/Ilion-native-pleads-guilty-to-international-parental-kidnapping-167221075.html

take balls to do a runner with a child. the father must had really really loved her with his life to justify this action. i am not too certain with the full story but it is sad to hear that the child couldnt even spell her name, perhaps the father turned himself in to ensure the child will to get proper education. one thing for sure is that the child is being treated well if not reports will be blasting about it. i do hope everything goes fine for both the child and the father

Edited by barefoot1988

I find it amazing that a father can be charged with kidnapping his own children. Just more of the PC bullshite in the west.

The mother has a right to see the child too. You can't just take a child and hide it half way around the world and never let the other parent see it again.

• Like 1

I find it amazing that a father can be charged with kidnapping his own children. Just more of the PC bullshite in the west.

The mother has a right to see the child too. You can't just take a child and hide it half way around the world and never let the other parent see it again.

Agreed. Deonna was not only his.

That sort of selfish thinking on his part might go a long way in explaining why the mother was given custody and why he didn't pursue legal channels if he disagreed with the decision.

He'll have a lot of time to think about that during his 2 and half years in a federal lock-up with no parole.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

But more often then not its the women who does it, as i am currently finding out.

I wish i never had anything to do with Thai women, they must be the most manipulative in the world and have an inability to reason no matter if it crucifies the father who is the breadwinner. Stick to bar girls and never see the same one twice is my advice.

The fact this man got a 30 month prison sentence is a joke, i hope he gets released early.

take balls to do a runner with a child. the father must had really really loved her with his life to justify this action. i am not too certain with the full story but it is sad to hear that the child couldnt even spell her name, perhaps the father turned himself in to ensure the child will to get proper education. one thing for sure is that the child is being treated well if not reports will be blasting about it. i do hope everything goes fine for both the child and the father

'loved her'? love is sometimes doing what's best for someone else - kidnapping, no school coupled with no doctors or dentists in a foreign country is not what I would call 'love' it's selfish, indulgent and wrong