• 1 month later...

I haven't seen one in Thailand, and I've looked. It's an important tool for lawn care. A fork might be okay for a small area but would be a lot of time consuming work for a big lawn. For small areas there are manual aerators that don't have the wheeled function, a plate with tines below and handle above, that you step on to get penetration; you could possible have one of these made.

It's better to use an aerator that removes a core that you can fill with topdressed compost or sand or mix; the one pictured appears to be the type that just pokes a tapered hole and compresses/compacts the soil around the hole, a slight disadvantage in aeration. Also, a lightweight one like this may not get good penetration with heavy clay soil, where you need it the most. don

• 1 month later...

What this country could really do with is a company that supplies western style garden implements as well as fertilisers and seed.

Thai's don't really care much about their lawns but with so many westerners here now I believe that there would be a market.

But it's probably unlikely to happen.

When I go back to the UK I always bring back as much garden care stuff as I can but it's impossible to bring back the big stuff like that areator.sad.png