First Trip To Bankok - Ask For Help

yellowbird

Hello all,

I'll go to Bankok with my parents this Dec18. I take package tour so the schedule is quite tight. Anyway I'll manage to "escape" for some interesting experiences on my own.

The hotel I'll stay in Bankok is Menam Riverside Hotel, which I supposed is near China Town. Please tell me which is the good mall to go shopping in this area. My friend suggested that I should go to Emporium and Central but I'm not sure whether they're near. Please tell me how to take sky train to these malls. Or any better malls that you can suggest? I don't want to look for local cheap stuff much. I prefer popular brandnames with affordable prices.

I'll stay 2 nights in Pattaya as well though I dont know what I'm going to do to spend my time there. The sexy shows are not for my liking (my only priority is shopping). The hotel is Golden Beach. Please tell me if there's any interesting thing around this area. Though I heard that Pattaya is very expensive and not a good city for you to buy anything.

Quick replies are very appreciated. I believe I can handle well in Singapore alone but this is my first time to Thailand so......a bit worried.

Thanks for reading.

. Please tell me which is the good mall to go shopping in this area. My friend suggested that I should go to Emporium and Central but I'm not sure whether they're near. Please tell me how to take sky train to these malls.

from the map , take a taxi to go BTS station ..

Shopping Guide click

view.gif

The following department stores and shopping malls are conveniently located near the BTS Sky Train:

SUKHUMWIT LINE

Mo Chit

Chatuchak Weekend Market

Victory Monument

Robinson

Central Station (Siam)

Discovery Center

Siam Center

Siam Square (shopping area)

Chit Lom

Central Chid Lom

Gaysorn Plaza

Narayana Phand

Sogo

Central World Plaza

Phloen Chit

Phloenchit Plaza

Nana

Landmark Plaza

Asok

Robinson

Phrom Phong

Emporium *

Ekkamai

Major Cineplex

On Nut

Tesco Lotus *

Central City Bangna (via free shuttle bus)

SILOM LINE

National Stadium

Mah Boon Krong (MBK) *

Ratchadamri

Amarin Plaza

Sala Daeng

Central Silom Complex

Patpong (shopping area)

Robinson Silom

Silom Complex

Chong Nonsi

Silom Village Trade Center

Surasak

Silom Village Trade Center

Saphan Taksin

Robinson Bangrak

* you can walk straight into these department stores from the station without going down to the road.

Blue = place that i think its good for shopping

Edited by BambinA

• 2 weeks later...

Well, thanks a lot for your help. I'm back from Thailand. I went to MBK&Tokyu for the first night but I didn't find anything interesting there. So I walked for quite long to ask for a Central mall. But I was more disappointed here. I don't know which Central I went to (it's said King Power Duty Free and opposite Gaysorn). This mall is old and out-of-fashion. I could only had lunch at the food court. Quite acceptable.

Then I walked back and found out the Siam Paragon. It's really great. I really like this place. Huge and well-organized. The staff are very helpful too (though I have to say the biggest inconvenience is that very few people can speak English). I love the gourmet market here. I didn't know it's that big until I came to the forum today. Though there are still many shops yet to open, Siam Paragon is still a perfect place to shop. Wrapping service and lots of promotion. When I was there, Lacoste has promotion of 30%. I wish I could have more time here. If I have a chance to go back to Thailand again, it's definitely a place that I want to visit again.

Oh yeah, and I hope they can have some more staff who can speak English here. They are very nice and polite but because of the language barrier & some misunderstandings, it took me a lot of time to run up and down from 1st floor to 4th floor!?!?

Comparing to KLCC or the malls in Orchard or City Hall in Singapore, this one can also get some good rates. What do you think?

Oh and the Sky train station is right at the entrance. Very convenience.

Haha.  There's a Lacoste sale because you can buy replicas anywhere for pennies.

Yeah, that LaCoste line may be the funniest thing I've read on here in weeks. I told everyone over beers at the biergarten at WTC last night and they thought it was great. This just in, I found American movies on sale at Pantip.

Well, thanks a lot for your help. I'm back from Thailand. Oh yeah, and I hope they can have some more staff who can speak English here. They are very nice and polite but because of the language barrier & some misunderstandings, it took me a lot of time to run up and down from 1st floor to 4th floor!?!?

guess what YB...

they speak Thai in Thailand - funny that!

Perhaps you should have tried speaking a few words of thai.