Bangkok Cabbie Urged To Return Bt13M Worth Of Gold

webfact

hope the cabbie gets to keep it! Anyone who can leave 13 million baht in gold in the back of a taxi is firstly too stupid for their own good and secondly rich enough not to really miss it, i'm routing for the cabbie at least he will take his time blowing it all on wiskey, hookers and yabba.

I assume your post is tongue in cheek? You can't be serious.

No.. The gold is not his to keep. If he keeps it ...this is theft. Plain and simple.

"Stupid"? No..he just forgot.

"Rich". You have no idea of his circumstances.

Of course it was tongue in cheek otherwise I would have said gold is set to rise even higher in my estimation at least 2,000 dollars per troy oz by the end of the year so bury it somewhere safe, hold on to it for at least a couple years by which time the price will have gone up and the heat will be off of it then blow it on whiskey, hookers and yabba if you so please.

for this and other sound business advice please vistit my website. xxxx

Yea, now you say it's t in c.

Personally I don't believe you.....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope the cabbie gets to keep it! Anyone who can leave 13 million baht in gold in the back of a taxi is firstly too stupid for their own good and secondly rich enough not to really miss it, i'm routing for the cabbie at least he will take his time blowing it all on wiskey, hookers and yabba.

I assume your post is tongue in cheek? You can't be serious.

No.. The gold is not his to keep. If he keeps it ...this is theft. Plain and simple.

"Stupid"? No..he just forgot.

"Rich". You have no idea of his circumstances.

Of course it was tongue in cheek otherwise I would have said gold is set to rise even higher in my estimation at least 2,000 dollars per troy oz by the end of the year so bury it somewhere safe, hold on to it for at least a couple years by which time the price will have gone up and the heat will be off of it then blow it on whiskey, hookers and yabba if you so please.

for this and other sound business advice please vistit my website. xxxx

Yea, now you say it's t in c.

Personally I don't believe you.....

Personally I don't give a rats arse what you believe, you have never met me so couldn't even hazard a wild guess as to my sense of humor. I'm English sarcasm is A national sport and we love it nearly as much as football and upsetting people who are devoid of a sense of humor. xxxxx

This is a strange story. The sheer volume of the gold in the pictures is a LOT, looks like it would have taken most of the seat next to the passenger. Cannot imagine simply forgetting to take it with you. So what actually happened here I cannot figure out. Guess if I was bitter I would say it was a scheme cooked up by the TAT to offset all the bad cabbie publicity that has come out recently, but that is a bit of a stretch even for me.. :-)

I had a cell phone fall out of my pocket in a Bangkok cab. He was already gone when I realized the phone was gone. When I called my lost phone from the hotel, he agreed to come to my hotel for a 2000 baht ransom of my phone. So I think there are many different cabbie experiences.......

I'll bet the conversation with his family was interesting...." 13 million baht ???? Let's head for Laos !!!!!"

"Personally I don't give a rats arse what you believe, you have never met me so couldn't even hazard a wild guess as to my sense of humor. I'm English sarcasm is A national sport and we love it nearly as much as football and upsetting people who are devoid of a sense of humor. xxxxx"

Ans I don't give a rat's ass if you give a rat's ass or not you untruthful person you ! XOXOXO

"Personally I don't give a rats arse what you believe, you have never met me so couldn't even hazard a wild guess as to my sense of humor. I'm English sarcasm is A national sport and we love it nearly as much as football and upsetting people who are devoid of a sense of humor. xxxxx"

Ans I don't give a rat's ass if you give a rat's ass or not you untruthful person you ! XOXOXO

well with that many rats <deleted> we should have an essan bar b q, invite the taxi driver, hookers and whiskey will skip the yabba if its all the same with u though.......

well with that many rats <deleted> we should have an essan bar b q, invite the taxi driver, hookers and whiskey will skip the yabba if its all the same with u though.......

I quit drinking years ago my friend.

Too many more important things to do than poison my body like take care of my family and businesses.

And my wife blows doors off any hooker.

(believe me I've tested a lorry load or three).

Btw, what's an essen bar ?

What kind of a statement is rhis? Haven't you ever lost anything valuable to you?

If so, just read your post again and you might find it improper, to say the least

If not....Well, wait an see, then read

Much as I'd like the gold I couldn't sleep if I nicked it, I'd have to return it.

Whether that would be a guilty conscience or fear of getting caught........not sure.

Do you know how many sleeping pills (or partners) you could buy with B13 million. Half a dozen Changs and a shag and I sleep like a baby.

Yea, well you obviously have no morals.

Go home.

We don't need falang like you cluttering up our lovely country......

Look at the wanke_r up on his high horse passing moral judgements on those lesser mortal below him. What did you have to pay for the position, your sense of humour?

I don't face the moral dilemma (if it actually exists) of whether to return a windfall to someone who may or not be rich, or use it to feed, clothe and educate my children (if they exist) who face a life of relative poverty. So I can afford to treat the situation lightly, and laugh about it.

As Balzac wrote "Behind every great fortune lies a great crime." He seems to have given morality a little more thought than you.

Should I also apologise for drinking beer, and having sexual intercourse with my other half? Where exactly is YOUR lovely country, and who gave you title to it?

Edited by OzMick

Should I also apologise for drinking beer, and having sexual intercourse with my other half? Where exactly is YOUR lovely country, and who gave you title to it?

I don't know you Mick, but I would take a punt that your missus would probably appreciate that apology for the whole intercourse thingy...whistling.gif

I don't know you Mick, but I would take a punt that your missus would probably appreciate that apology for the whole intercourse thingy...whistling.gif

Only when I fail to rise to the occasion.

Much as I'd like the gold I couldn't sleep if I nicked it, I'd have to return it.

Whether that would be a guilty conscience or fear of getting caught........not sure.

Do you know how many sleeping pills (or partners) you could buy with B13 million. Half a dozen Changs and a shag and I sleep like a baby.

Go home.

Look at the wanke_r up on his high horse passing moral judgements on those lesser mortal below him. What did you have to pay for the position, your sense of humour?

I don't face the moral dilemma (if it actually exists) of whether to return a windfall to someone who may or not be rich, or use it to feed, clothe and educate my children (if they exist) who face a life of relative poverty. So I can afford to treat the situation lightly, and laugh about it.

As Balzac wrote "Behind every great fortune lies a great crime." He seems to have given morality a little more thought than you.

Wank_r is laughing too silly giggle.gif

And it didn't cost me nothin'

My lovely country is right here in Thailand my friend wai.gif

Go home.

Wank_r is laughing toocheesy.gif

I didn't give up anything my friend.

My lovely country is right here, the amazing Thailand !

Thailand civil code

Section 1324. A finder of lost property may claim from the person entitled to receive it a reward of ten per cent of the value of the property up to thirty thousand baht, and five per cent on the additional value. However, if he delivers the property to the police or other competent official, two and a half per cent of the value of the property shall, in addition to the reward, be paid as a fee to the Government service concerned, but, in no case, shall such fee exceed one thousand baht.

The finder is not entitled to any reward if he does not comply with the provisions of the foregoing section.

end quote

Guess the taxi driver will have a good party.coffee1.gif

Guess if I was bitter I would say it was a scheme cooked up by the TAT to offset all the bad cabbie publicity that has come out recently, but that is a bit of a stretch even for me.. :-)

That actually makes more sense, as there certainly have been bad publicity lately. For example:

HIV-Positive Bangkok Cabdriver Admits Sexual Assaulting A...

Bangkok Taxi Driver Poses As Military Officer, Robs Forei...

Bangkok Traffic Police To Get Tough On Cabs

Thai Taxi Meter Rates Set To Increase In Mid-April

Read all about it. Latest!!!

http://www.nationmul...d-30178124.html

So who says it pays to be honest. The latest on Thai TV is that the owner of the gold gave the taxi driver 8 baht weight of Gold in front of the police and TV Camera's. At current values that is about 200 000 baht. That still leaves 300 000 baht of promised reward money (500 000 in total). The owner then said if the taxi driver wants the rest of the reward in cash he must travel to Ubon to collect it. When the owner was subsequently contacted he stated that if the taxi driver was a 'good guy' he would have returned it straight away, he is a bad guy so he is not paying the reward!!! The taxi driver should just have kept it. Moral of the story in Thailand....Honesty does not pay. A pox on the owner of the gold!

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

He should use the money he got to take a court case. He is entitled to the reward outlined by law.

or maybe not.

I am unsure how he would stand but its a good point, particularly if the owner made the promise of a reward in front of Police/cameras. However, all the owner would do is to adopt stalling tactics in court until the taxi driver ran out of money. I hope karma comes back to hit the Gold owner.

So who says it pays to be honest. The latest on Thai TV is that the owner of the gold gave the taxi driver 8 baht weight of Gold in front of the police and TV Camera's. At current values that is about 200 000 baht. That still leaves 300 000 baht of promised reward money (500 000 in total). The owner then said if the taxi driver wants the rest of the reward in cash he must travel to Ubon to collect it. When the owner was subsequently contacted he stated that if the taxi driver was a 'good guy' he would have returned it straight away, he is a bad guy so he is not paying the reward!!! The taxi driver should just have kept it. Moral of the story in Thailand....Honesty does not pay. A pox on the owner of the gold!

The only thing the gold owner did wrong was to leave it in the cab. taxi driver should feel lucky he scammed 200 000 baht out of the entire deal

The only thing the gold owner did wrong was to leave it in the cab. taxi driver should feel lucky he scammed 200 000 baht out of the entire deal

How funny. So the owner leaves all the Gold in a taxi, as soon as the cabby finds it he drives around the block trying to find the owner. There is no name or address and as soon as it hits the news, the cabby hears that, a reward of 500K is offered and the cabby promptly returns the Gold (13 million baht) and you say he has scammed 200K, and the owner refuses to pay out the reward. I think your moral compass has got a bit skewed.

How funny. So the owner leaves all the Gold in a taxi, as soon as the cabby finds it he drives around the block trying to find the owner. There is no name or address and as soon as it hits the news, the cabby hears that, a reward of 500K is offered and the cabby promptly returns the Gold (13 million baht) and you say he has scammed 200K, and the owner refuses to pay out the reward. I think your moral compass has got a bit skewed.

How funny.

So the cab driver 'says' he drove around street to find owner. He didn't think of just stopping outside where he let the bloke out? Maybe reporting it to the police?

Cab driver knew he would be rumbled, photos of his cab all about, probably told too many people about what he found. Reward is announced, he figures he better claim before someone turns him in and he is busted. So he returned the gold, hoping to get a reward and not jail time for theft. It wasn't his gold. Did well to get 200 000 i'd say.

A pox on the owner of the Gold?

Who's moral compass is skewed? rolleyes.gif

Fie upon the owner of the Gold indeed! Had he been a truly generous man or truly appreciative the would have given the extra 300k up front.

How funny.

So the cab driver 'says' he drove around street to find owner. He didn't think of just stopping outside where he let the bloke out? Maybe reporting it to the police?

Cab driver knew he would be rumbled, photos of his cab all about, probably told too many people about what he found. Reward is announced, he figures he better claim before someone turns him in and he is busted. So he returned the gold, hoping to get a reward and not jail time for theft. It wasn't his gold. Did well to get 200 000 i'd say.

A pox on the owner of the Gold?

Who's moral compass is skewed? rolleyes.gif

And if you found 13 million baht of Gold you would give it to the police !!!! rolleyes.gif