Christmas & New Year Parties/events

Chiangmai Foxy

hi guys,we arrive in cm on tuesday night 20th dec.just wondering if any bars/clubs have anything different planned for the xmas period,special events/parties.or is it just as normal?i take it cm will be very busy,but not as busy as songkran was.cheers

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

Dear CMF,

Have pent the last few years having a good dinner somewhere then hitting Loi Kroy for the nights festivities. Always bring a few bottles of bubbly with us to toast at midnight :o But this year have decided to spend it in "The Big Mango"'. Bigger venues and more ppl to party with. I am sure CM will be fun though wherever U decide to go.

The restaurant business is a darn hard business. Long hours, little pay and tuff working conditions. Suppliers are pirates, customers are difficult, employees are sometimes from heaven and sometimes from hel_l. Whatever the issues it seems to me everyone has got enough bad PR and good PR out of the discussions in the previous threads. It would be my thought to just let the restaurants make it on their products. If the food and service is good and reasonably priced it will prosper if it is not it won’t. It has been my experience if the food and service is good a customer will tell one person if it is bad the customer will tell eight people and the market pretty much decides success or failure. I know where I am going for Christmas dinner and it is sold out so I won’t mention it. New Years Eve I think my lady will be out of town so I am staying home and reading a book. I think she has probably hired three nondescript Thai people to videotape the entrance and exit of my home, wired the phone and put a keystroke logger on my computer. Happy Holidays to all.

Edited by cdnvic

The restaurant business is a darn hard business.  Long hours, little pay and tuff working conditions.  Suppliers are pirates, customers are difficult, employees are sometimes from heaven and sometimes from hel_l.  Whatever the issues it seems to me everyone has got enough bad PR and good PR out of the discussions in the previous threads.  It would be my thought to just let the restaurants make it on their products.  If the food and service is good and reasonably priced it will prosper if it is not it won’t.  It has been my  experience if the food and service is good a customer will tell one person if it is bad the customer will tell eight people and the market pretty much decides success or failure.  I know where I am going for Christmas dinner and it is sold out so I won’t mention it.  New Years Eve I think my lady will be out of town so I am staying home and reading a book.  I think she has probably hired three nondescript Thai people to videotape the entrance and exit of my home, wired the phone and put a keystroke logger on my computer.  Happy Holidays to all.

Nice post KerryK. I couldn't agree more. Let them all thrive or die due to the quality of their product. It's the only way.