What Do You All ...

It is a good point, I dont know many Yanks that speak another language, but also 90 % of Amercans dont own passports so that would be a factor for sure. I was in the USA for 6 months about 15 years ago and I remember most Americans didnt have a clue about geography, all they new was Australia was down under and "crocodile dundee", no one could name a place other than Sydney, if that. Why is it Americans dont have a better grasp on other cultures and counties?

As an American, please let me reply. In my humble opinion, what you guys are saying is pretty much accurate. If one did not serve in the military, CIA, or work for the State Department, Americans as a whole are not very worldly. I believe the reasoning for this to be because of Americans ultra-pride in America and thinking that nothing worthwhile exists outside of the good ole' USA. While not sharing this opinion, I have been a first-hand witness of fellow Americans saying that they would never voluntarily set foot outside of US soil either because of fear or lack of interest.