Passport Expiry & Visa Extension

My 10 year British passport expires in June 2007.

My current work permit (1 year stamped extension in my passport type) expires in April 2006. As i am staying at the same school for another year, i will get another 1 year stamped extension in my passport (same as i did last year)

So that would be from April 2006 to April 2007 - which is only 2 months before my passport expires...........................................

Anyone know if they will indeed stamp me for another year?

If they wont, then i have to renew my passport before April 2006...........which means that my 10 year passport only lasted 8 years and 10 months.

Also i live in Phuket and i believe i have to go to the passport office in Bangkok in person to do this. That is a drag as i am a school teacher and dont get that much time off.............

Any advice please?

Just do the extension in the normal way.

A few months before the next extension, when it is convenient to you,

you can renew your passport.

Immigration will transfer the current visa to the new passport for you.

Bit of further imfo for you if you renew (UK citizens) your passport early you will recieve up to 9 months credit for any unexpired period left on the old one.

To encourage customers to apply early we now offer a facility that enables applicants with unexpired validity in their old passports to receive a credit, up to the nearest whole month (minimum of one month, maximum of nine months) in their new passport......

Source UKPA.