Aerial Photography

AleG

One word, stunning!

Are you flying manually?

If so check out some of the toys at DIY Drones http://diydrones.com/ program your baby to fly a GPS controlled flight plan, out of sight, it (usually) comes home to roost smile.png

Yes, I fly manually, where's the fun in setting coordinates on a computer? :D

For the use I give my aircraft that's good enough, no need to complicate things... although a GPS return-to-home can be handy. I had a mishap with the plane on the second flight, near Koh Tao, salt water got into the tail servos connector and I lost control of the plane several hundred meters away, I had to hop on the boats dingy and go look for it.

Come to think of it, the GPS autopilot would had been useless in that case, loss of tail servos and since I was on a moving boat setting a return-to-home would had been counterproductive.

Really great stuff, at 2:35 over the rock islands, I presume is your plane, what camera (or cameras) are you using these days?

Yes, high over the island is with the plane; I use the same camera on the plane and the tricopter, a GoPro Hero 2. Sooner or later I'll upgrade to a Hero 3 or see about using my Sony Nex5N.

• 3 weeks later...

The sky finally came out and I was able to get some decent footage in the air over Nai Harn slope flying with a paraglider.

Airplane used is my custom built wing UAV with APM/Arduplane, FPV/OSD, telemetry, etc. Camera is an ION Air Pro. Flown manually off the slope, of course (keep hitting the hill in FPV!)

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANFhHUaXeDY

BTW, how do you post youtube videos on ThaiVisa? Posting the link shows up like above.

The sky finally came out and I was able to get some decent footage in the air over Nai Harn slope flying with a paraglider.

Airplane used is my custom built wing UAV with APM/Arduplane, FPV/OSD, telemetry, etc. Camera is an ION Air Pro. Flown manually off the slope, of course (keep hitting the hill in FPV!)

Enjoy

BTW, how do you post youtube videos on ThaiVisa? Posting the link shows up like above.

Great footage, except my tummy feels a bit queeezy now! tongue.png Great music to go with it...thumbsup.gif

Not sure about the Youtube thingy! wink.png

• 3 weeks later...

Last week I went on holidays to Japan, of course I packed one of my toys in the suitcase!

The weather was not so good, but still managed to take a few videos, even if it was still raining as in Tokyo.

Enjoy

To post YouTube videos put you have to format it like this, but replacing the curved brackets by square ones: (youtube)link_adress(/youtube)

This is your video:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Man that is light years beyond cool !!!!! Well done. I can see I need to start saving

my baht and get a setup like that. I thought you were flying your plane, but I noticed on the

video of the dragons you stopped it to look at them. What was flying then? Does the camera

head pan by control or only look straight ahead?

A good friend of mine , Franki Yang, is a very well known adventurer and motorcycle rider in China.

On his last trip around Tibet, they had a full on CCTV film crew with him. They also brought

a drone for filming, but were unable to fly it due to the high altitude.....

Man that is light years beyond cool !!!!! Well done. I can see I need to start saving

my baht and get a setup like that. I thought you were flying your plane, but I noticed on the

video of the dragons you stopped it to look at them. What was flying then? Does the camera

head pan by control or only look straight ahead?

A good friend of mine , Franki Yang, is a very well known adventurer and motorcycle rider in China.

On his last trip around Tibet, they had a full on CCTV film crew with him. They also brought

a drone for filming, but were unable to fly it due to the high altitude.....

The video with the Komodo Dragons was shot using a tricopter, like a helicopter but with three rotors, so it can hover around. The camera is fixed in both the plane and the tricopter.

I've flown in the Himalayas, 4300 meters altitude, like driving a lead sledge but quite feasible; they must had been really high not to be able to fly.

Here's my latest video, shot a couple weeks ago at Koh Phayam. Lovely place, quiet and relaxed, I hope it stays like that.

• 6 months later...

Last weekend at little Koh Munnork in Rayong:

A month or so ago I was around Indonesia, carting around my flying stuff into the Tengger Caldera:

Up Mount Ijen:

And meeting the locals at Nusa Lembongan:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One more from the trip to Trang, Koh Lao Liang and its sister island:

They are really nice getaway spots, to fly on the second island I had to paddle on a kayak 1km each way, it was only me and a park ranger (who I only saw in the distance) on the island, just perfect.

• 6 months later...

^ Is there something wrong with the first picture, TP1?

You will never stop amazing me.

You are the only one that spotted it.

This is not approaching BKK, but lifting off Khon Kaen.

I liked the picture showing the wing so I included it with the rest.

I apologize for the wrong description and I take my hat off to you.

Archived