Baby Formula Availability Thailand

maprao

:D OK Before anyone laughs it is not for me! My wife is travelling back to Thailand for a holiday.Our son is being fed On Abbots Advance Similac formula, normally available worldwide. I do not want to change the routine / diet.

Instead of filling a suitcase full of the stuff, I am wondering has anyone seen this in a Pharmacy or perhaps TESCO LOTUS? Packing it would also be silly at about 1 Kg a ca. Uses up a fair amount od baggage allowance.

Thoughts and input is appreciated. I hope her mum does not try and feed him water and sticky rice a 2 months :o

Edited by maprao

just check my medical book (MIMS -Thailand TIMS 2000)

Abbots Advance Similac formula

-400g. 154.75 bht

-900g 339.50 bht

but i think the price 'd be more that obove maybe 5-15% (the updatest book is in my clinic )

well congrats .. you can find kid's food here :o

Thanks for the quick response. I am very grateful so is my wife. Carrefour sounds ood. I could not see the link on the other post.

Most of all thanks from the man himself (farang noi :D ). We wait for the visit to Carrefour. :o

and the check in your latest book.

Edited by maprao

My two-year-old daughter is a Similac fan. We live in the provinces and it is available everywhere. The 900-gm can at Tesco Lotus, Tops, etc., is about 50 baht more expensive than at the local store. I'd just bring a large can along -- should last four or five days, and stock up here.

If your baby is over a year old and is eating other food, you can try Khao Tom (rice soup), barbeque chicken, hot dogs, and any of the plentiful fruit. But if your baby gets finicky over local food, you can substitute Similac Gain with Abbott's Pediasure (about 600 baht per large can), which provides additional nutrition; we tend to use the latter when we are travelling and are not sure about the quality of the local food (though we never had a problem); this was suggested to us by a doctor. Also, if your baby gets the runs (loose stool), you can substitute Similac with soy milk until the problem is solved (this also was suggested by a doctor); V-Soy, widely available, is a low-sugar, high-calcium version, and our daughter took to it with ease...