Does Anyone Know......

KIWIBATCH

...any links to this story?......doesnt appear on TV...unless I have gone blind in the last hour...???...Prom Phong BTS station yesterday I believe....had his young daughter with him and his thai wife

Edited by KIWIBATCH

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think gas filled balloons are not allowed on the BTS

if he insisted on bringing it on ,he probably would be beaten

i have went on before with a snack or drink in my hand( also against the rules ) and never been beaten though

maybe he was the one who get agressive with the bts guy when told he cant bring the ballons on etc

thing about forums is you only get one side of the story and not hear what the thai person has to say about why it hapened

Edited by wana

He already had blood pouring down his face before the foreigner kicked him though...

Judging from that video I'm guessing the guard was too heavy handed and it wasn't necessary, not over a bunch of bloody balloons.

He already had blood pouring down his face before the foreigner kicked him though...

Judging from that video I'm guessing the guard was too heavy handed and it wasn't necessary, not over a bunch of bloody balloons.

in this age of terrorism when those baloons could have been filled with ANY dangerous /poisonous /deadly gas i think the guard was right to enforce the rules and not let him on ,what would happen the guard if the balloon caused a fire in a packed skytrain ?probably fired and unikey to get another job in security for life

farang could have walked away and took a taxi instead if the balloons were so important but he made a big deal out of it and a thai showed him AGAIN that farangs are guests here and you will follow the rules

They're not such a problem on over-ground systems with 3rd rail instead of overhead line. But I doubt that the full reasoning for the prohibition was cascaded down to the staff in question.

As I recall, I have never had such a problem with either my son or my daughter, even when accompanied by a balloon.

Unfortunately, when people start exciting and agitating one another with hype about terrorist security, common sense often comes away the worst victim*

SC

* except for Stumpy the Iranian, of course, but he had no-one to blame but himself

• Like 2

Balloons here are normally filled with HYDROGEN, a real explosive gas if someone happened to light a lighter and pop one.

Good on the guard.

Mac

I think you mean helium, which is inert.

Anyway, looks like the farang refused to obey the orders of the security personnel -- who were doing their duty -- and attempted to bulldoze his way into the station.

He git what was coming to him, and should feel lucky those guys aren't armed with anything more lethal then batons.

Balloons here are normally filled with HYDROGEN, a real explosive gas if someone happened to light a lighter and pop one.

Good on the guard.

Mac

I think you mean helium, which is inert.

Anyway, looks like the farang refused to obey the orders of the security personnel -- who were doing their duty -- and attempted to bulldoze his way into the station.

He git what was coming to him, and should feel lucky those guys aren't armed with anything more lethal then batons.

there were a few instances some years back where hydrogen was used in balloons causing injury, though i suspect this story has become something of an urban myth.

Oh rubbish! A BTS user does not "deserve" to be beaten by staff just because he doesn't want to obey the rules. The job of security is not to beat someone in public but to physically STOP them from boarding the train until the police arrive. Do London underground staff beat up those insisting on carrying beer onto the trains?

The simple fact is that security don't know how to handle if when their authority is undermined. No common sense.

How do you expect them to "stop" an aggressive farang twice their size who is barging straight past them?

there were a few instances some years back where hydrogen was used in balloons causing injury, though i suspect this story has become something of an urban myth.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say this is not true. Even if it has happened, the chance of these balloons being filled with hydrogen is very slim. Hydrogen is incredibly flammable, you would have to be insane to walk around with a balloon full of it. Where would you even get it from?

• Like 1

He already had blood pouring down his face over a bunch of bloody balloons.

Well said

All I can say is that watching that shaky video from Andrew's site, I felt so dizzy that I wish I can beat up the person who took that video.

Just joking. No violence please.

Any other video source?

Edited by hands22

I am going to go out on a limb here and say this is not true. Even if it has happened, the chance of these balloons being filled with hydrogen is very slim. Hydrogen is incredibly flammable, you would have to be insane to walk around with a balloon full of it. Where would you even get it from?

Agreed...being a single atom, Hydrogen would leak/propagate through walls of the balloon anyway, so suspect it wouldnt stay inflated too long.

• Like 1

Oh rubbish! A BTS user does not "deserve" to be beaten by staff just because he doesn't want to obey the rules. The job of security is not to beat someone in public but to physically STOP them from boarding the train until the police arrive. Do London underground staff beat up those insisting on carrying beer onto the trains?

The simple fact is that security don't know how to handle if when their authority is undermined. No common sense.

they are allowed to use force ,thats why they give them those big batons

if security was not allowed to do anything they would be helpless observers and nobody would take them seriously

like a dog with no teeth ,theyde be useless

even stealing from a shop ,in the uk ,its assault if a security guard touches you ,so you can walk around stealing

and he isnt alowed to put his hands on you until you have left the premises etc

if they think you stole something in thailand ,prepare to be dragged kicking and screaming into the back room for a search and possibly a beating if you struggle

it good to have rights ,but its the scum who play the system and abuse those rights that <deleted> it up for everyone