Does Anyone Know......

KIWIBATCH

Ok, for all you cyber judges and (Wana)be hard men, this is what ACTUALLY happened (this from someone who witnessed the whole thing):

The guy was told by a guard that balloons were not allowed on. He countered that they (him and his daugther) had arrived via BTS just earlier with the same balloons and it hadn't been a problem. Guard tells him he can take half but not all. Guy decides that's BS and proceeds through turnstile (NOT barging past any guards!). Guard chases and smashes him in the face with a METAL DETECTOR (NOT the baton!)

He was also hit later on the back of the head by another guard! All of this in front of his horrified and terrified 4 yr old daughter. Oh, and the woman was NOT his wife/gf but a Thai bystander who was communicating her disgust at what she had just witnessed.

Now, for those that think this was some form of divine justice, then that's your perogative. I just hope you don't have to experience something as horrific whilst in the company of a small child also.

Some on here really do need to exercise some self-control themselves and refrain from jumping to stupid conclusion about others, based on nothing more than your own arrogance and prejudice!

Oh, and when the Police arrived they told them they wouldn't be arresting any Thais and that if he didn't just leave then HE would be arrested! Didn't even interview the guard.

I'm sure plenty of you will think that's also acceptable practice and procedure too huh?!

I have been told by some friends who were present and witnessed the whole thing that this is a totally accurate account. Keep in mind that the video doesn't show the beginning of the saga when the guard attacked him. Those who want to slag them, note that these are obviously not low class unemployed bums like some of those who sit in their broken-down armchairs piping crap into these forums. Clearly the guy was distressed after being slugged over the head by TWO security guards (the second one from behind his back). Also, I happen to know that the CCTV camera has been viewed and there is a good case for charging the attackers.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, for all you cyber judges and (Wana)be hard men, this is what ACTUALLY happened (this from someone who witnessed the whole thing):

The guy was told by a guard that balloons were not allowed on. He countered that they (him and his daugther) had arrived via BTS just earlier with the same balloons and it hadn't been a problem. Guard tells him he can take half but not all. Guy decides that's BS and proceeds through turnstile (NOT barging past any guards!). Guard chases and smashes him in the face with a METAL DETECTOR (NOT the baton!)

He was also hit later on the back of the head by another guard! All of this in front of his horrified and terrified 4 yr old daughter. Oh, and the woman was NOT his wife/gf but a Thai bystander who was communicating her disgust at what she had just witnessed.

Now, for those that think this was some form of divine justice, then that's your perogative. I just hope you don't have to experience something as horrific whilst in the company of a small child also.

Some on here really do need to exercise some self-control themselves and refrain from jumping to stupid conclusion about others, based on nothing more than your own arrogance and prejudice!

Oh, and when the Police arrived they told them they wouldn't be arresting any Thais and that if he didn't just leave then HE would be arrested! Didn't even interview the guard.

I'm sure plenty of you will think that's also acceptable practice and procedure too huh?!

make excuses if you want ,he disobeyed the security guards ORDERS and he was dealt with

in ireland they have a sign over the bar in some pubs "many a mans mouth broke his nose "

Where do I make any excuses? i've simply stated what happened - unlike yourself!

Is your head as thick as the picture you paint of it on here?

• Like 1

nobody saw the start of the video so we dont know who took the first confrontational step

Why is that relevant?

I think you have that quotation misascribed.

he does ,but why would it not be relevant who made the first agressive gesture or invaded the private space of the other person ?

The evidence is not on THIS video, but it is clear enough so butt out if you don't know. There were a lot of people present who know better - this was a BTS station after all. Also note that the Thai lady was an unconnected observer who took his side. Why? Because there are also a lot of decent Thai people who know right from wrong and don't hate foreigners.

Also, I happen to know that the CCTV camera has been viewed and there is a good case for charging the attackers.

I hope he does. The guard(s) needs to go to jail. Unacceptable and I hope this story blows up.

• Like 2

I have been told by some friends who were present and witnessed the whole thing that this is a totally accurate account. Keep in mind that the video doesn't show the beginning of the saga when the guard attacked him. Those who want to slag them, note that these are obviously not low class unemployed bums like some of those who sit in their broken-down armchairs piping crap into these forums. Clearly the guy was distressed after being slugged over the head by TWO security guards (the second one from behind his back). Also, I happen to know that the CCTV camera has been viewed and there is a good case for charging the attackers.

Now tell me could this whole episode be avoided if the guy had taken a taxi or left the balloons there ?

Does not excuse the guards but you just cant change the rules or go up against the people who enforce it and expect to get of without any trouble.

• Like 1

Now tell me could this whole episode be avoided if the guy had taken a taxi or left the balloons there ?

Does not excuse the guards but you just cant change the rules or go up against the people who enforce it and expect to get of without any trouble.

at last some common sense ! why fight with armed guards over a f##king balloon ??

its clearly not permitted ,and thais dont back down because that would lose their face

i think he will think twice the next time a man in uniform with a baton tells him hes not allowed to do something :D

The whole thing is ridiculous if, as appears to be the case, the guy with the balloons preferred to force his way through rather than give up a few balloons...

But none of us can know for sure without seeing the start of the incident.

most all night discos have a couple of plain cops sitting drinking somewhere or playing pool

the bouncer at the door is just for show ,the cops deal with anything serious

The fact those cops are there has **nothing** to do with any official police business. Their primary role is to make sure the management is giving his agreed percentage of profits to his BiB "partners". Moonlighting as private security is secondary part of the payoff, privately funded overtime work if you like.

Any serious trouble from a drunk farang getting into conflict with a Thai, and they'll often all join in together in beating the crap out of him, including any Thai males standing around just for fun.

They don't need to divert valuable manpower just to collect / oversee the monthly racket. The high ranking district police can dam_n well count on the money being paid on the dot every month or else.

The plain clothes policemen are usually found pulling "hardship" shifts in the clubs that are part-owned by their superior officers. Coincidentally these clubs tend to be the biggest and most long-standing venues.

Edited by Trembly

Yes, absolutely.

However, does this warrant being smashed in the face (fracturing your eye socket in the process) with a heavy blunt object in full view of a 4 yr old child? As I said earlier, If that's justified in your eyes, then that's your call.

Yes, absolutely.

However, does this warrant being smashed in the face (fracturing your eye socket in the process) with a heavy blunt object in full view of a 4 yr old child? As I said earlier, If that's justified in your eyes, then that's your call.

I am saying its too much violence but the guy himself is to blame for it. The guards overreacted but would never have done that if the guy had been sensible and taken a cab or left the balloons there.

if the guy cared so much about his daughter and the balloons ,he would have turned around and walked away

instead he started a fight he couldnt win and paid the price ,and almost got himself arrested in the process

they were not trying to avoid baloons popping dangerous gas since the guard made them explose anyways.

Just a 5'1 85pound midget trying to show whos boss and a fat old bald man getting his ass handed by a 6000 per month guy that was hired to sit down with 0 authority..

quite sad on both sides. But expected from the racist thai who's probably just learned his gf he pickups at 3am @ nana or 6am @ spicey just hit her 5 000th customer this year

I think if the guy set about you with a truncheon there would be a round of applause...........

What a disgusting post.

so you felt you were well represented in my post? Only reason to get angry. This is the reality of thailand where expats are nowadays.

The only person represented in your post was you. You gave us all an insight into your mind and attitude to Thailand. Not a pretty sight.

Here's some shock news for you too.....yov don't represent the experience of the vast majority of posters here, you don't represent the experience of the vast majority of expats, and you most certainly don!t represent me.

I'm not angry with you, I pity you and you're view of Thailand.

they were not trying to avoid baloons popping dangerous gas since the guard made them explose anyways.

Just a 5'1 85pound midget trying to show whos boss and a fat old bald man getting his ass handed by a 6000 per month guy that was hired to sit down with 0 authority..

quite sad on both sides. But expected from the racist thai who's probably just learned his gf he pickups at 3am @ nana or 6am @ spicey just hit her 5 000th customer this year

I think if the guy set about you with a truncheon there would be a round of applause...........

What a disgusting post.

so you felt you were well represented in my post? Only reason to get angry. This is the reality of thailand where expats are nowadays.

The only person represented in your post was you. You gave us all an insight into your mind and attitude to Thailand. Not a pretty sight.

Here's some shock news for you too.....yov don't represent the experience of the vast majority of posters here, you don't represent the experience of the vast majority of expats, and you most certainly don!t represent me.

Seconded.

It takes a particualrly invidious sort of anger, bitterness, resentment and disappointment to make the kind of comment that thailand made, and they are comments that reveal more of the poster, himself, than I think he realises or wants to reveal to others.

Good grief. The man was with his wife and child and carrying balloons. Balloons! Not a Molotov cocktail, not a knife or a gun - balloons!

Under no circumstances should this have resulted in a potentially lethal head blow with a truncheon.

Im sure it would not have resulted in violence if he had not taken them there or obeyed the rules.

Agreed, in Saudi women are stoned to death for infidelity. Those are the rules there and they are getting what they deserve. Perhaps if we did this in Britain we would have a much better society. People deserve to be beaten bloody or killed when they break the rules.

Glad to see you agree with me robblock. You are a forward thinking individual.

Yes i agree only your argument sucks. The saudi women cant easily leave the country. While this guy clearly had the choice to leave his balloons at the gate. You don't score any points with extreme arguments.

In one of my first posts i said the guards acted badly too but it could have all been avoided if the guy followed the rules. He could have taken a taxi too. But he tried to bully his way in anyway.

Then he (the guard) should have called the police and had the guy arrested. Beating a guy in the head with a truncheon is against the law according to my knowledge.

And....your counter to my extreme example sucks; are you saying that if someone has the ability to "leave the country" that makes what they do more worthy of punishment? Seems a bit illogical to me.

What a disgusting post.

Well said. You represent what i described and im far from it. Now shush wink.png

btw you realize that it was just confirmed that the balloons were not a problem to the security guard as he did not care if he brought half in? He only got beat on because the midget was racist? Criticizing my post just makes you look worse except to your fellow lower class $expat friends.

Edited by thaiIand

Sad story for the little girl, to see her father hit for some silly balloons, and one might argue that the guard overreacted, but..

Far too often i have seen large sized foreigners treating Thais with contempt, just because they have fat wallets and larger bodies, and confuse kindness with weakness.

My point is, would the Irish guy acted in the same way in US or in Europe ?

@thailand: Is that a photo of yourself in your avatar?

@bendix: So happy your back, you're spinning some pure gold on this thread.

My opinion on what happened, the guard lost face which inevitably gave him leave of his senses. The guy with the balloons should have caught on to the compromise being offered and counteroffered with something like "just this time OK?" or is this the 20 baht you just dropped? I am sure a deal could have been arranged that kept everyones face intact (especially the Irishman's)

• Like 2

Sad story for the little girl, to see her father hit for some silly balloons, and one might argue that the guard overreacted, but..

Far too often i have seen large sized foreigners treating Thais with contempt, just because they have fat wallets and larger bodies, and confuse kindness with weakness.

The answer is yes.

Only difference is that in Farangland there are laws that have been placed by the do gooders for the protection of aggressors. If in New York or London they would have probably held up the whole railway system so as to pacify the aggressor and arrested the security guard for dare challenging him.

It really does come as quite a shock to some Westerners when they receive a taste of real justice, the short, sharp, shock treatment and forced to tow the line.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Amid all the dribble and wild speculation, I felt this gem from Wana stood out:

the irishman looks fairly wel dressed and not like a drunk hooligan in vest and flip flops but its a terrible video

For you NEVER see anyone drunk in the "TEFL uniform"; only in vests and flip-flops....

It really does come as quite a shock to some Westerners when they receive a taste of real justice, the short, sharp, shock treatment and forced to tow the line.

If the facts presents in this thread are true, getting belted over the head with a metal detector at a BST station over some inflated latex is hardly "real justice" is it ?

where would this end, getting beat up for walking in a suspicious manner, getting arrested for wearing a loud shirt, being jailed for have thick lips and curly hair ?

If information presented is true, the Farang is wrong, but it doesnt give some jumped up barrier technian the right to start stomping around in his jackboots assulting people with his security equipment

Any confrontation over balloons between two self-assertive pricks is going to be an explosive situation. rolleyes.gif

The answer is yes.

Only difference is that in Farangland there are laws that have been placed by the do gooders for the protection of aggressors. If in New York or London they would have probably held up the whole railway system so as to pacify the aggressor and arrested the security guard for dare challenging him.

I quite like how, in the UK, guys from Group 4 can't give me a kicking over a bit of lip after they start pushing me around as i go about my business with my balloons.

Apparently unlike most on this forum, I am adept at back-pedalling, and I've never even had a kicking off the bouncers in the places that werre open till 4 when I was a student, but I know that if you can't back down quickly enough, it can easily happen... I expect a greater degree of restraint and gentlemanly conduct from others, whether they wear jackboots or bow ties, or not, in the afternoon than in the small hours of the morning in the back streets.

SC

If the facts presents in this thread are true, getting belted over the head with a metal detector at a BST station over some inflated latex is hardly "real justice" is it ?

where would this end, getting beat up for walking in a suspicious manner, getting arrested for wearing a loud shirt, being jailed for have thick lips and curly hair ?

If information presented is true, the Farang is wrong, but it doesnt give some jumped up barrier technian the right to start stomping around in his jackboots assulting people with his security equipment

I see that you are also a Not The Nine O,clock News fan:

Edited by Beetlejuice

I see that you are also a Not The Nine O,clock News fan:

Of course....and reading some of the posts put me in mind of this exact sketch..