New Non Imm B At Laos?

I'm currently on student visa, expires in April, I'm registering my company (legit and established, not a scam for WP) with a lawyer / accountant and well known sponsor of TV. They are handling my company registration, work permit etc and I have been told I will have to leave the country in a week. And they will give papers for a non imm b visa which will then be extended for a year with WP.

However I've been told I can only get it at Hong Kong / Kula Lumpur or Singapore ... however other people have told me it can be got at Vientiane?

Just double checking and I would much rather go to Laos.

Singapore is not known to be very friendly. I don't know if you can try it in Laos.

But a 1 year extension of stay seems unlikely, as that requires tax documents from the company, which a new company doesn't have. You will have to do with a multiple non-B visa valid for 1 year for a while, requiring you to exit every 90 days.

I'm getting everything this week, tax ID, etc and it takes 1 week after I get the non imm b to get the WP and then the yearly extension using the WP.

Everything is by the book.

But I would rather go to Laos and people are telling me you can / can't go there for non imm b.

required docuemtns for an extension are:

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant’s passport

3. Certificate of alien’s employment in the format prescribed by the Immigration Bureau

4. Copy of work permit (in the case of change of workplace, an acknowledgment of application may be used)

5. Copy of evidence proving company registration, such as a certificate of company or partnership registration, certified by the registrar within the previous six months

6. Copy of list of shareholders certified by the registrar within the previous six months

7. Copy of balance sheet and profit and loss statement for the latest year, together with income tax return for companies or juristic partnerships and payment receipt

8. Copy of latest monthly withholding income tax return specifying the names of employees and of the alien applicant together with a copy of payment receipt

9. Copy of the individual income tax return for the latest year and payment receipt (if any)

10. Copy of social security contribution return for the latest month, as filed with the Social Security Office (Form Sor Por Sor.1-10) and payment receipt

11. Document or evidence proving the necessity of the business to hire the alien, for example, in case a job opening was posted for Thai candidates but there were no applicants

12. Location map showing the applicant’s workplace and photographs of interior and exterior of the workplace during business hours

13. Documents or other evidence requested by the Committee monitoring official proceedings of officers of the Immigration Bureau

14. For an international trade business (representative office), regional office, and overseas company (branch office), documents specified in Criteria 6, 7, and 11 are not required.

It is normally item number 7 that is a problem for new companies.

bump, still looking for answer to original question sad.png

I trust the company you hire has good experience with the mentioned consulates and I would just follow their advise. Of the 3, Kuala Lumpur would be my choice, as that seems to be the most friendly one.

I'd go for KL mate.

I met a guy there in the Thai Consulate waiting room doing much the same as you are and saw him the following day all smiles and happy with his visa. Everyone is so helpful in KL.

I stayed in an awesome friendly and reasonably priced place called The Step Inn smack bang in Sentral near everything. Makes the visa run easy peasy and lotsa good food in Lil india and China town.

Run consists of these simple steps...

* Cheap flight to KL on Air Asia

* Shuttle bus to KL (takes just over an hour)

* 5 min walk from the Airport star shuttle stop to the guest house

* 5 min walk to the bus that takes you to the Thai consulate. Tell the bus driver where your going and he'll be sure to stop right outside.

From air con bus to air con waiting room. Too flipping easy. We stayed in KL for a week we liked the Guest house so much. Movies, educated chats and card games till 4am! Was sad to leave.

A/C room with bathroom 65 Ringets. Awesome staff, priceless!

Only thing is... always ALWAYS double check that visa's are still being issued as things change at the drop of a hat when it comes to Thailands visa rules!

Have fun matey x

Only thing is... always ALWAYS double check that visa's are still being issued as things change at the drop of a hat when it comes to Thailands visa rules!

Where is a good, up to date place to check this? I'm doing the KL route for a visa in mid-week.

Cheers, Tom.

Email or call to the consulate where you plan to apply for the visa.

Simpler than I was expecting. Cheers.Is there also an up to date thread on what documentation is needed for a Non-B in KL?

Edited by vexape

Simpler than I was expecting. Cheers.Is there also an up to date thread on what documentation is needed for a Non-B in KL?

Try this link to the MFA Website http://www.mfa.go.th...482.php?id=2492

KL stick to the above list but ask for the WP3 receipt (or of course your Work Permit, if you have one with 8+ months validity, for a one year Multiple entry non 'b' in preference to the Letter of Approval from Labour.

In my experience, KL Consulate rarely answer the phone!

Here is their website for refence/phone numbers http://www.mfa.go.th...1.php?depid=220

Off to KL on Sunday. Just quickly, can I download the application form? Just to speed things up rather than filling it in once I get there.

Also, I work on a freelance basis, so no WP3 form, but will get a letter from the employer explaining this point.

Any recommendations with where to stay whilst there?

Cheers.

Off to KL on Sunday. Just quickly, can I download the application form? Just to speed things up rather than filling it in once I get there.

Also, I work on a freelance basis, so no WP3 form, but will get a letter from the employer explaining this point.

Any recommendations with where to stay whilst there?

Cheers.

Look on their websit if they have an application form. If they have it, it should be there.

Good luck with applying, I'm curious if you will succeed in getting a non-b without the wp3 form. Would be nice if you reported back.

Good luck with applying, I'm curious if you will succeed in getting a non-b without the wp3 form. Would be nice if you reported back.

Applied for the Non-B multiple entry, without the a work permit, but with a letter from the company explaining that I am employed project by project.

The lady at the counter amended my form to a single entry, and told me that once I've got a work permit I can change to a multiple. She wasn't sure if I could do that at my local office (Chiang Mai) or if I have to leave the country again (KL).

Anyway, I've got a receipt for a single entry Non-B to be picked up tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your report, nice to know they didn't make a problem of not having the wp3 form.

The single only is the standerd in Asia, unless you already have a work permit and not only a receipt.

Once you have the WP you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay from immirgation. if you do not qualify for that, you can go back to the consulate with work permit and apply for a multiple non-O.

Cheers, I also posted cost details on the Non B in KL thread.

Hopefully I'll pick up my passport with a Non-B single visa in tomorrow. As I think it's 90 days, I assume this type can be extended in my local office, up to a maximum of a year?

Regarding the Embassy staff, I think it always helps to be dressed smart, clean shaven and smile. I saw the same woman glare at some rude backpacking Americans and was very unhelpful to them. Rightly so.

Cheers, Tom.

It will depend on what type of work you are doing but almost all will require a work permit prior to any extension of stay being granted. You seemed to be saying you were exempt from work permit requirement?

It will depend on what type of work you are doing but almost all will require a work permit prior to any extension of stay being granted. You seemed to be saying you were exempt from work permit requirement?

No, not exempt from a work permit. But I do not work in a salaried position. I get paid project by project, each project comes issues me a work permit for the period of that project. And as I work in film production the period of these changes from two weeks to eight months and anywhere in between.

I still need a permit to work, it's just not the ordinary scenario.

This is an interesting thread, as it is my plan to travel to Vientiane at the end of the month to apply for my non-imm 'b'. When I told my prospective employers that this was my plan, there was no hint of it not being possible. Does anyone have first-hand expereince of actually doing it?

This is an interesting thread, as it is my plan to travel to Vientiane at the end of the month to apply for my non-imm 'b'. When I told my prospective employers that this was my plan, there was no hint of it not being possible. Does anyone have first-hand expereince of actually doing it?

I just did a run and did get single entry non-b

i did go with a company(agents) organised by my lawyer.

Would strongly recommend going with agency, because no need for queuing and no "surprises"

I ran into some very unusual "troubles" at the border, hope my experience would be helpful for some people, because even lawyers or agents were not prepared for this.

Anyhow, after 8-10 hour ride( from pattaya) arrived an nongkai border.

I had an ED visa(an extension)

Presented my passport and was told i had to see the "boss" inside the immigration office at the border.

Went to see the boss and was told, i can not leave Thailand, because i do not have a letter from school that i finished study.

I told them, i was not going to re-enter on the same visa, so they could cancel this one, but they refused and again stated that i must have a letter and a stamp that i had finished the school-this hardly made any sense.

To make matters even more confusing, they just gave me back the passport and waved me off, ie i could simply just walk out and go into Lao(but no exit stamp)

After discussion with the agent(company i went with) i was left to wait for 9am as pattaya immigration was going to call Nongkai to sort it out

At 9 am, not much was sorted, and i was told to go to main immigration office in Nongkai.

There again, i was told i needed the letter from school.

After few calls there and back, i got my stamp at Nongkai immigration that i finished school, one day before.

Back to the border, hand over my passport with the "stamp", this time i am told i have overstayed by 1 day and must pay. Do note that my ED visa was valid till the end of the year.

Ok, off to main office at the border to pay my 1 day over stay, only now i am told its 2 days over stay.

How 1 day turned into 2 days on a valid visa is beyond me. Just to clarify, it was the 29th March, visa valid to 27 November, Stamp that i finished with school is as of 28th March

Anyhow, paid the over stay fee and off to Lao.

Arrived very late at Thai embassy, joined the queue with a huge pile of documents(as i actually do own a company)

As my turn came,i handed over my huge file, but was told it can not be accepted for reasons which made no sense and the people there were simply mumbling something which simply did not make any sense

Had to contact the agent, (company i went with)

He came around, took my file, went to another building, wink/wink, smile/smile, some lady came out took the file.

Next morning, had my visa and passport waiting for me at the hotel.

Total cost, including hotel, meals, visa's etc 8500 baht

Suspect your problem was you were on an extension of stay which must be canceled immediately once the reason for extension ends. Your attempt to depart without a re-entry permit to allow return indicated it had ended, has been noted at that crossing before, and you must then get that current extension canceled prior to being allowed to depart.

Suspect your problem was you were on an extension of stay which must be canceled immediately once the reason for extension ends. Your attempt to depart without a re-entry permit to allow return indicated it had ended, has been noted at that crossing before, and you must then get that current extension canceled prior to being allowed to depart.

You may well be correct, however the lawyer and agents(visa run company) checked my passport and all the visa's 3 times prior to departure and neither of them were aware of such a problem/regulation

IT really does not make any sense, because say i decided to leave Thailand to go back home, but can not leave because i did not cancel the extension?! just sounds little crazy if you ask me

Edited by phl

But on the other hand if they let you leave and you return without a re-entry permit your extension of stay is lost and how many angry people have they faced with that issue? They are trying to prevent that happening and also looking for those who have ended there reason for being here but not departed (on overstay) so they do not know what your situation is. There has been an active movement; even to the extent of having new extension of stay people signing a document that they understand loss of reason for extension ends the extension of stay. I suspect this may not be an issue at airport where most people would be departing to home country but at land border most are returning.

But on the other hand if they let you leave and you return without a re-entry permit your extension of stay is lost and how many angry people have they faced with that issue? They are trying to prevent that happening and also looking for those who have ended there reason for being here but not departed (on overstay) so they do not know what your situation is. There has been an active movement; even to the extent of having new extension of stay people signing a document that they understand loss of reason for extension ends the extension of stay. I suspect this may not be an issue at airport where most people would be departing to home country but at land border most are returning.

I see your point, but i did tell them just to cancel it as i was not returning on that visa. So if someone was going to go out without a permit, they could state that the visa would be cancelled and they will not be able to return on that extension.

I can only in reality speak for my case, but as i mentioned, i clearly stated a number of times to cancel my visa/extension as i was not going to use it anymore.

So just a simple "cancelled" stamped and problem solved :)

Anyhow, that was my experience, so anyone in the same or similar position reading this, at least now are aware, because myself, along with lawyer and visa company( who mind you does this visa runs twice per week) were not aware at all