Foreigner Assaulted At Bangkok BTS Station By Security Guard - Police Launch Investigation

webfact

................................................ The man is clearly non hostile and is trying to understand why he has become a victim of such unforgiviable agression..........................................

Can you give us a link to the video you watched, because it certainly wasn't the one at the beginning of the thread.

• Like 2

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not about Thai or Foreigner, It's about Rules is Rules.

The "rules" are that someone on the BTS ticketing platform with too many balloons is to receive a brutal strike to the head with a metal detector? One strong enough to leave him with blood pouring down his face?

Be carful AsianAdvisor, the truth won't be tolerated around this place for long.

True, the guy was getting out of line, but this is clearly abuse. The rent-a-cop should not use his baton unless he, or someone else, is being attacked. He should lose is job and be fined and imprisoned. Sad that so many foreigners support this blatant abuse.

I have to agree entirely with 'chickin'.

Abuse by a foreigner is one thing, and the response to such abuse is to call the police and see if he wishes to continue with it in their presence, in which case he is likely to be hauled away.

It is, however, a completely different matter for a securiy guard to take matters into his own hands and use his baton under such circumstances. As I have said, abuse is one thing, but physicial assault is a completely different matter. He must be made to account for such assault.

As for the individual who makes the assumption that the person involved is a 'brit' ... have you nothing better to do with your life than to jump to such conclusions?

Look at the size of the farang and the way he just pushed through the guard. Should the guard let anyone through that just pushes through him?

Unfortunately, no one has seen how the farang got hit, and what happened before he was hit.

• Like 1

AFAIK, BTS has their own fixed camera video surveillance system at all their stations, covering the ticket window area and the ticket turnstyles, as well as the platform areas upstairs... The BTS keeps digital versions of those recordings for at least several weeks, and longer if they need to because of any incident occurring.

That ought to provide a pretty clear record of what went on with this incident from beginning to end.

From watching the clip in the OP post here, there's not much to find supporting the farang guy involved. He does indeed come off at least appearing as an overly aggressive jerk.

I can't imagine how any kind of dispute over balloons ought to devolve into that kind of altercation. I didn't know BTS had that kind of rule, but I've also never tried to take balloons onboard. But if I ever did and BTS told me I couldn't and explained why, I think I could live with that without getting into a fight. How about taking a taxi instead...

BTW, I've known BTS staff (not the guards, but station staff) for some years, and never had any kind of impression that the BTS station guards are any kind of rogue bashers... They spend most of their shifts opening the disabled access gates and sometimes keeping squatters and dogs of the station access stairs. Usually far from menacing.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

The "rules" are that someone on the BTS ticketing platform with too many balloons is to receive a brutal strike to the head with a metal detector? One strong enough to leave him with blood pouring down his face?

Absolutely, yes. If they ignore a direct order from security staff and barge through the turnstile.

Clearly.

• Like 1

from the uncoordinated movements of the "victim" looks, like he was drunk. As to "miscommunication" there seems to be thai lady (possibly wife), who was trying to mediate.

The clip might be staged, at the end the "cameraman" is signalled tumbs up by the foreigner on the escalator

He's uncoordinated...because he just got BASHED IN THE HEAD with a metal detector by the Thai security guard and there is blood streaming out of his head near his left eye.

Unbelievable some people are defending this, out of a misplaced need to defend Thailand from being bashed. This isn't about bashing on Thais, this about a violent individual who assaulted someone for carrying too many balloons in the BTS ticket area.

This about a violent individual (ie the farang) who doesn't want to follow the rules, and about a guard who is trying to do his job.

Has anyone seen any video about how the farang got the blow to the head? Given the aggressive way the farang was acting, and the way he was trying to push through the guards when they were just trying to tell him he wasn't allowed on with the balloons, I wouldn't be surprised if it was his fault that he got the blow to the head.

His job isn't to hit people in the head with a metal detector if they have too many balloons.

And yes the father is aggressive, because someone just clobbered him in the head with a metal detector because he had too many balloons and there is blooding streaming down his face. The response of a BTS rent a cop to someone having too many balloons isn't to start battering them on the head when they don't listen to you. The guy wasn't even past the turnstile yet when he was attacked.

• Like 1

Absolutely, yes. If they ignore a direct order from security staff and barge through the turnstile.

Clearly.

He did have a choice whether to allegedly kick over a bin and then push a female guard (the same one he lunges at later in the clip?) which is what he did according to another witness's account of the incident.

From what I saw of the video and read elsewhere, it's the guys own fault. He tried to do something that isn't allowed, got abusive, and got what was to be expected when you get abusive with security/police.

How convenient that someone was on hand to video the whole thing from start to finish.

Another Andrew Drummond spectacular.

This whole incident balooned right up and hits the point home that no one is safe in Thailand !

I guess if you are desperate "to hit a point," everything appears to be a hammer.

Edited by Suradit69

This stuff would not have happened if the man hadn't been drinking alcohol. I know its an assumption; but, after looking at the video, it appears the guy is loaded and in typical alcoholic form.

I wonder how this gentleman will get through Swampy immigration. They should open up a bar so people can pass the time while standing in line at immigration. Then we could see more of this type of behaviour on youtube.

• Like 1

All I see is a loser trying to get away with not obeying the law and then complaining after he is hit. Why do these people think they are above the law? What if every passanger carried a shed load of baloons on the BTS? Think HE might complain about that? I sure would.

Just another idiot teaching his children how to grow up and disobey the laws and also how to become an intollerable moron.

These security guards are hired to sustain the laws governing the BTS rules and regulations and are issued batons for a reason, not just to have them hanging on there side. If they allowed EVERY person to break the rules the same way this muppet did then the BTS would be even more hell-ish then they already are don't you think?

Are baloons any different to a pipe bomb? No, not when you don't know what they are filled with. I for one am on the side of the poor security gaurd and thing the farang should be banned from using the system if he can't follow simple rules.

PS: I don't know why the BTS would give this loser 1 cetang !!!!!!

Well said..And the job of this guy is "teacher" lol ..I feel sorry for the little girl..and i am not saying that he deserved to be hit...probably paying the bad karma of 1000 arrogant foreignershit-the-fan.gif

• Like 1

From what I saw of the video and read elsewhere, it's the guys own fault. He tried to do something that isn't allowed, got abusive, and got what was to be expected when you get abusive with security/police.

How convenient that someone was on hand to video the whole thing from start to finish.

Another Andrew Drummond spectacular.

... well, not quite the start. Just after any evidence that might show why the farang was clubbed.

Yes, carrying balloons is quite a serious offense. Thankfully this kind of thing does not seem to happen too often, but it would be nice to see the security guard get a year or so in prison for assault. Likelihood of that happening? The toy police would have to do some real work. Seriously, this guard punk needs his ass kicked.

This about a violent individual (ie the farang) who doesn't want to follow the rules, and about a guard who is trying to do his job.

Has anyone seen any video about how the farang got the blow to the head? Given the aggressive way the farang was acting, and the way he was trying to push through the guards when they were just trying to tell him he wasn't allowed on with the balloons, I wouldn't be surprised if it was his fault that he got the blow to the head.

His job isn't to hit people in the head with a metal detector if they have too many balloons.

And yes the father is aggressive, because someone just clobbered him in the head with a metal detector because he had too many balloons and there is blooding streaming down his face. The response of a BTS rent a cop to someone having too many balloons isn't to start battering them on the head when they don't listen to you. The guy wasn't even past the turnstile yet when he was attacked.

It's their job to stop people getting on the train with things that are prohibited.

How hard is it to understand?

Like chewing gum in Singapore MRT?