Eerie Silence Cloaks The Phuket Death Of A Swedish Tourist

Lite Beer

I think the "eerie silence" headline was because the poor 35 year old guy died last week - but this is the first we have heard about it.

I could be wrong though, perhaps I just missed the report in the papers.

Just imagine for a minute that it was your son or brother that had died and how you would feel reading flippant posts about his death.

With the screen name TexasRanger you should be aware that the internet thingy is the epitome of free speech - good taste is not part of the equation... I, for one, couldn't be bothered what random peeps on the net had to say about me or mine.

Agreed, but not everyone is as thick skinned, just thinking of his family that's all.

Amazing. Texasranger is simply suggesting that family members may look to any possible resource, including Thai Visa for any information about the loss of a loved one. His posting is correct, and if others followed his suggestion to put yourself in that position, you might be a bit surprised that an incident of this importance and loss is greeted with light-hearted joking. I guess it is an example of "but for the grace of god, go I."

As to his choice of "Texasranger" as a screen name...there is this internet tool called "google"...use it to discover that it is the name of a popular sports team, and honored law enforcement agency. His mention of an MIA..suggests a potential service to his country during the Vietnam conflict...and / or the loss of a family member of friend. As an American, I guess it is easy for me to read into his posting a bit. I am sure that there are British and other nationalities whose cultural hints would be lost on me...so i sort of get that too.

The vigor and callousness to his suggestion that respect and consideration of the feelings of others has value speaks volumes about not "Texasranger" but those who can not hear a simple human message about respecting the feeling of others facing loss and personal tragedy.

Please consider again..."but for the grace of god, go I." and enjoy another day of life. And I mean that...please have a good day.