Nakhon Sawan

Eastender

Glad to see your back OK. 30 Min: early A that 30Min: extra time in the cold. According to D/Mail on line the temp in some place's of the UK could go down to -2 by the weekend, have a good time and keep us posted. We all need a good laugh every now and then. If you run short of cash I believe exeter has a few bob available he's cut down on crisp's just in case, allegedly.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A brave man indeed, the trip to KPP does not look so bad now!

Anything is better than going back to Blighty. Personally H/M might even stay in N/Smog for three hour's, on second thought's make that two. England for 3 month's not on your life what ever the reason's.

Your the only one left now Exeter not to lonely I hope.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

A brave man indeed, the trip to KPP does not look so bad now!

Anything is better than going back to Blighty. Personally H/M might even stay in N/Smog for three hour's, on second thought's make that two. England for 3 month's not on your life what ever the reason's.

Your the only one left now Exeter not to lonely I hope.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Nah, he isn't the only one as there are some skulkers around down there.

Actually Nong went back to get another Non Imm O visa but only a 3 month one which he will then convert into a retirement visa and live happily ever after in the mystical land of Smog.

That is the end of childrens fairy tales for now.

Good Night children, everywhere.

Harry, there is no one here who understands your request, most are from east Europe!

Fred, had a pint of Adnams Broadside it was excellent but £2.45, Guinness is £2.99 in Whetherspoons.

Prices are up noticeably and the temps are at 10C and grey.

Yesterday 2 eurofighters over north London at 1230pm very unusual, like all the other Olympric preparations!

This begining to feel like a sentence with nothing for good behaviour!

Harry, there is no one here who understands your request, most are from east Europe!

Fred, had a pint of Adnams Broadside it was excellent but £2.45, Guinness is £2.99 in Whetherspoons.

Prices are up noticeably and the temps are at 10C and grey.

Yesterday 2 eurofighters over north London at 1230pm very unusual, like all the other Olympric preparations!

This begining to feel like a sentence with nothing for good behaviour!

Buddha a pint of Guinness £2.99 when I was there last Oct it was £2.49 so a rise of 50p, and at Whetherspoon's that's about the cheapest pub around I'd hate to think what the price is in other place's no wonder load's of pub's are closing.

Enjoy the bank holiday and the 10C temp down to 82f here today and have had a bit of rain, all in all it's a bit like where you are. Well nearly. Keep us posted on how thing's are going and you enjoy.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

More grey skies again today and damp, temps are due to go up to 16C!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I went into Waitrose and for all you chaps that like a drop of Rum, enjoy your Sang Som whether it be at 225bts or 245 bts a bottle of Lambs or Captain Morgan will set you back over £15! Luckily I brought with me a bottle of Sang Somclap2.gif .

Unless you have to come back, you are all far better off where you are, yes Fred even you would pick Nakhon Sawanwub.png

Tonight I am off to the City, daughter is taking me out for eats, ironically I think its Waggamamas, yes a Japanese Noddle place which is a bit like a staff restaurant, well thats what they look like from the outside, we will see, now how much do you think it cost?wai.gif

Yesterday I went into Waitrose and for all you chaps that like a drop of Rum, enjoy your Sang Som whether it be at 225bts or 245 bts a bottle of Lambs or Captain Morgan will set you back over £15! Luckily I brought with me a bottle of Sang Somclap2.gif .

Unless you have to come back, you are all far better off where you are, yes Fred even you would pick Nakhon Sawanwub.png

Tonight I am off to the City, daughter is taking me out for eats, ironically I think its Waggamamas, yes a Japanese Noddle place which is a bit like a staff restaurant, well thats what they look like from the outside, we will see, now how much do you think it cost?wai.gif

Good to see your having a nice time Dave, Waggamamas A Oh what delight's, last and only time I was at one of their place's it wasn't to expencive but sorry to say Crap mostly noodle's and broth, much better deal to be had in China town a few street's away, I also had to wait for over an hour to get in. But I did get a couple of great beer's in a local after that helped out a bit.

Just carry on enjoying Blighty thank's for the update's.

N/B H/M said N/Smog for two hour's not a life time. Read the small print.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Edited by fredob43

In BigC and most other supermarkets Captain Morgan Black is around 560THBor just over £11.

The last time I was in Waggamamas ( I thought it was the staff canteen ) it set us back £40 for 2 and no beers or wine, yes lots of noodles and not much else and why do they have to come and ask you if everything is alright every 10 minutes!

The last time I was in Waggamamas ( I thought it was the staff canteen ) it set us back £40 for 2 and no beers or wine, yes lots of noodles and not much else and why do they have to come and ask you if everything is alright every 10 minutes!

Must admit that it was some year's ago I was "dining" at W/M, and your right bench's to sit on not H/M idea of a good night out. Dash bad form, reminded one of school meal's at Oxford.

Just a thought maybe they were a bit deterred exeter by you opening a bag of Cheese and Onion crisp's while slurping your noodle's, hence the is the food all right.

H/M K.PP.

H/CITY.

The bill at wagga was almost £50, but as my daughter was paying!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been to St Albans today, not much trade about in St Peters Street and in Whetherspoons Guinness was £3.10p! I had a bruger and beer combo which is now £4.99 if you a choose a beer, at £3.10 a pint I had a Guinness. When this beer and burger promo came out it was £2.29 with "sorry ronnie" having a dig at Macdonalds, in the same period the burger in Macs has gone up from 69p to 89p now. On a brigther note I dont if anyone can remember Fray Bentos pies in a tin? in Iceland £1.50. Morrisons £2.00 but today in the £ shop yes £1 even though the tin price had £2.19p imprinted in the tin, so I won a bit today. More rain today but temps up a bit. One week down.

At least you had a burger. THey could have taken you to a Thai restaurant. When I went to visit friends in Germany after living in Turkey for several years they took me out to a restaurant in Munich. I was looking forward to good German food. It was a Turkish restaurant.

The bill at wagga was almost £50, but as my daughter was paying!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been to St Albans today, not much trade about in St Peters Street and in Whetherspoons Guinness was £3.10p! I had a bruger and beer combo which is now £4.99 if you a choose a beer, at £3.10 a pint I had a Guinness. When this beer and burger promo came out it was £2.29 with "sorry ronnie" having a dig at Macdonalds, in the same period the burger in Macs has gone up from 69p to 89p now. On a brigther note I dont if anyone can remember Fray Bentos pies in a tin? in Iceland £1.50. Morrisons £2.00 but today in the £ shop yes £1 even though the tin price had £2.19p imprinted in the tin, so I won a bit today. More rain today but temps up a bit. One week down.

£50 A EEEEEK and for noodle's no wonder W/M sold out to another group some time ago it must be like having a money tree. And now W/S is selling Guinness for £3.10p their supposed to be the cheapest pub around I just wonder what the other one's are charging. Don't tell me as it might give H/M a heart attack. I can see the reply's just flooding in now.

Fray Bentos steak and kidney pie's had one once enough said but my mum keep's one or two in her stock cupboard just in case of emergency's. I can see that going up to several dozen if she can get them for £1, Thank's for the update's H/M is now dreading even more than normal going back in Sep.

One week down, and counting already Buddha knows what you'll be like by next weekend. Weather today at 11am 30c/90f blue sky's. I don't know how we survive.

H/M.K.P.P.

H/CITY.

£50 A EEEEEK and for noodle's no wonder W/M sold out to another group some time ago it must be like having a money tree. And now W/S is selling Guinness for £3.10p their supposed to be the cheapest pub around I just wonder what the other one's are charging. Don't tell me as it might give H/M a heart attack. I can see the reply's just flooding in now.

Fray Bentos steak and kidney pie's had one once enough said but my mum keep's one or two in her stock cupboard just in case of emergency's. I can see that going up to several dozen if she can get them for £1, Thank's for the update's H/M is now dreading even more than normal going back in Sep.

One week down, and counting already Buddha knows what you'll be like by next weekend. Weather today at 11am 30c/90f blue sky's. I don't know how we survive.

H/M.K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Dave,how can you bear to look at the women over there for three months?They are the Stepford Wives but are definitely NOT darlings,more like Jocky Wilson (R.I.P,Jocky) lookalikes.Six kids by the time they're twenty two and tattooed right up to their rather ample backsides.Well,they did where I used to live,anyway.I'm due back in November to snaffle a new 'O' visa and passport.It will be the 'old in out'(not a sexual reference I hasten to add) and back to the country where women look like women and,even some of the men look like women,allegedly.

The women here as just about as described plus the bolts and its difficult to get down the pavement, a bit like the opening shots of Bonanza if you remember!

The sun is out this morning so have done the washing, hope it lasts, the sun that is.

Today going up to London, tomorrow there are engineering works!

Next week a full week, Monday Chelmsford, Tuesday lunch in town, Wednesday doctors for BP check and eye test for cataracts ( is it the time- can you come back in 6 months). Thursday Restaurant Company AGM, Saturday day trip to Exeter on the scenic old south western mainline £27 return first class so I hope its a nice day and another week gone! Before I can return to the LOS!

Watched a Touch of Frost last night and wednesday Micheal Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys and that was followed by him on another channel about the Euro Crisis, some good BBC tv. Frost was on ITV 3, there are so many channels on Freeview now, take you all night to see whats possible!

Edited by nong38

Its been a bit quiete around this place of late, I think I will go down to the beach later, not Malibu but not far off it, for an inland beach takes some beating, a bottle of Leo and some fine fare spread picnic style what a lovelly way to spend the day, getting a bit of practise in for the Queen's 60th anniversary celebrations coming up, 3 weeks to go!

H/M.K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Take plenty of SangSom, soda and ice.

It works for me.

Its been a bit quiete around this place of late, I think I will go down to the beach later, not Malibu but not far off it, for an inland beach takes some beating, a bottle of Leo and some fine fare spread picnic style what a lovelly way to spend the day, getting a bit of practise in for the Queen's 60th anniversary celebrations coming up, 3 weeks to go!

We went up to the Mae Wong national park yesterday, 13 adults and about 6 or 8 kids and had a fair time at the pond up there all packed into the pickup and my friends car Thai style.

All that is except for me as I went up on me motrobike. It is nice kn owing the staff so well as they seem to forget to ask for money.

Took, whiskey, soda, coke ice etc.

I saved a couple of hundred baht by sitting in the pond on my chair reading a book and having my feet and toes nibbled by hungry fish (200 baht in BKK) and enjoying a pleasant afternoon.

Sounds good Bill not like that here, sun is out but a cool wind and temps are 15C. I have been drinking Martson's Pedigree this week 4 cans for £3.68, the other good offer was a bottles of Badger Brewery for £6. Thats in my local Waitrose other prices that be of interest are Jacobs Cream crackers 97p, Golden Shred £1.24, Branston Pickle £1.34, Ginster's Pasty £1 down from £1.29, Chocolate digestives £1.05. A walk down the road and the local greasy spoon is doing a breakfast from £2.40 up, the pub next door is doing Jacket Potatoes from £5. I am thinking this will be last time for a 90 day stay its just to expensive here now and already the Gas is going up 15% soon. Clinton Cards have gone into administration as well. Thailand is a much better option as Bill is describing.

Tomorrow I have a day trip to Chelmsford, that will be £10.70 return even with my Senior Railcard!

Sounds good Bill not like that here, sun is out but a cool wind and temps are 15C. I have been drinking Martson's Pedigree this week 4 cans for £3.68, the other good offer was a bottles of Badger Brewery for £6. Thats in my local Waitrose other prices that be of interest are Jacobs Cream crackers 97p, Golden Shred £1.24, Branston Pickle £1.34, Ginster's Pasty £1 down from £1.29, Chocolate digestives £1.05. A walk down the road and the local greasy spoon is doing a breakfast from £2.40 up, the pub next door is doing Jacket Potatoes from £5. I am thinking this will be last time for a 90 day stay its just to expensive here now and already the Gas is going up 15% soon. Clinton Cards have gone into administration as well. Thailand is a much better option as Bill is describing.

Tomorrow I have a day trip to Chelmsford, that will be £10.70 return even with my Senior Railcard!

Dave your starting to worry me. Why the Buddha do you want to go to Chelmford??? "Golden shred" what's wrong with Cooper's Oxford vintage at least it taste's of Marmalade and not sugar. Tescos over here is now doing their own brand of marmalade thick cut all be it not as good as Cooper's not to bad if all else fail's. Glad to hear that Branston is still cheap one of the thing's I bring back from Blighty.

Yes read the other day that Clinton card's have gone down the pan cant say that I'm surprised as their card's were crap not to mention their price's.

And a spud from only £5 EEEEEK Was out last night three of us to visit the local market and stopped orrrf in a local restaurant two large Leo's "Didn't have Tiger" 5 dish's of assorted goodies + rice, coke's water total £8.40p put's a bit damper on the old baked spud me think's.

Only another 2.5 month's to go you just enjoy. We won't hold it against you if you decide to come back early.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Edited by fredob43

The trip to Chelmsford for some model railway supplies, otherrwise why would you want to go there! Tiptree preserves are £2.12 by the way. I had a look at the fish and meat the other day, left with an empty basket! Tuna £23 a kilo, Haddock and skate wings £13, prawns which were about 400 bts in N/S were £26!!!!!!!!! Sirlion steak £27 ( yes thats right it was one of these organic jobs but !!!), other beef £13, Lamb shoulder £7.49. Into Sainsburys and a bottle of coke (600ml) £1.25 and aploughmans baggette £2.60. Fancy a peach or nectarine 89p each, tomatoes, 6 small £1. Cherry tomatoes which I would get on the market in N/S for about 10 or 20 bts was £1.99p The lottery is a bargain compared to Thailand but you still dont win anything!

It is not the sort of place I would want to live in anymore, Thailand is a much better option, in the meantime I will enjoy real bread, inexpensive pizzas(from £1 in Iceland) and today is tuesday so its Steak Club at Whetherspoons so will give that a shot this afternoon. Its also nice to have real bacon and ham. Iceland are doing 5 slices of Honey Roast, Smoked or Peppered for £1 so ths is not so bad compared to the deli's.

Edited by nong38

• 3 weeks later...

For any of you that are interested in the Diamond Jubilee and are interested in the military side of things, tuesday is the day. There is a service at St Pauls, then a coach and horses back to the Buckingham Palace with the guards. A appearnce on the balcony and a fly past, if you are interested keep an eye on the BBC site for timings.

The trip to Chelmsford for some model railway supplies, otherrwise why would you want to go there! Tiptree preserves are £2.12 by the way. I had a look at the fish and meat the other day, left with an empty basket! Tuna £23 a kilo, Haddock and skate wings £13, prawns which were about 400 bts in N/S were £26!!!!!!!!! Sirlion steak £27 ( yes thats right it was one of these organic jobs but !!!), other beef £13, Lamb shoulder £7.49. Into Sainsburys and a bottle of coke (600ml) £1.25 and aploughmans baggette £2.60. Fancy a peach or nectarine 89p each, tomatoes, 6 small £1. Cherry tomatoes which I would get on the market in N/S for about 10 or 20 bts was £1.99p The lottery is a bargain compared to Thailand but you still dont win anything!

It is not the sort of place I would want to live in anymore, Thailand is a much better option, in the meantime I will enjoy real bread, inexpensive pizzas(from £1 in Iceland) and today is tuesday so its Steak Club at Whetherspoons so will give that a shot this afternoon. Its also nice to have real bacon and ham. Iceland are doing 5 slices of Honey Roast, Smoked or Peppered for £1 so ths is not so bad compared to the deli's.

Look's like your having a great time price wise Dave.

As you know have just been to BKK and Tesco's finest Marmalade was 125bt not much dearer than Tiptree or Cooper's. Don't know what size prawn's your getting but in K/P/P there about 220bt for the largest less in Macro's but they are not alway's that good/Fresh. Morrisons is cheaper for fish but even they have gone throught the roof.

The price of lamb seemed cheap for Blighty. Macro are selling Lamb shank's for 275kl 325bt for rolled boned sholder. Bet you cant wait to get back.

Keep doing the lotto you wont forget your friend's in K.P.P. when you win will you. If it's big time you might even be able to move here, it would be on the outside of town to start with though.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Edited by fredob43

For any of you that are interested in the Diamond Jubilee and are interested in the military side of things, tuesday is the day. There is a service at St Pauls, then a coach and horses back to the Buckingham Palace with the guards. A appearnce on the balcony and a fly past, if you are interested keep an eye on the BBC site for timings.

Thank's for the Tuesday update One of the BBC program's I'm getting on my new TV set up is doing it live but I thought it was over the weekend.

Note to H/M must pay more attention.

H/M K.P.P.

H/CITY.

Edited by fredob43