Breakfast Soup!

thaibebop

I have something in common with Seinfeld, cereal. I am a cereal freak! I love all kinds of cereal and even broken what I eat in to catagories.

1. Adult ex.Raisin Bran

2. Kids ex.Captain Crunch

3. Cross overs( Both Adults and Kids) ex.Cinnamon Life

4. Customizable ex.Corn Flakes

So, do you like cereal? Which kinds? And what kind do they have in Thailand?

I like bacon & mushroom sandwiches and khao tom (not at the same time though)..

Why do they only have that horrid streaky bacon in Thailand? :o

i like  cris sip see (crisps) (stress the  pronouciation ....oxfordwill teach me how to pronouce well  :D )

but without milk ....just dry ..so it cant be  soup :D

Lucky Charms is better dry. So, you never use milk?

Why do they only have that horrid streaky bacon in Thailand?  :D

What does bacon have to do with cereal? :D

What does cereal have to do with breakfast soup? :o

That's what I call cereal? So, what are you talking about?

i like  cris sip see (crisps) (stress the  pronouciation ....oxfordwill teach me how to pronouce well  :D )

but without milk ....just dry ..so it cant be  soup :D

Lucky Charms is better dry. So, you never use milk?

Why do they only have that horrid streaky bacon in Thailand?  :D

What does bacon have to do with cereal? :D

What does cereal have to do with breakfast soup? :o

That's what I call cereal? So, what are you talking about?

Kao Tom is breakfast soup innit !

:D

thaibebop - well hot soups are par the norm in thailand for breakfast.

I did not know that, cool!

So, what kinds? Something like Tom Yum?

Sorry, I thought you knew. Khao Tom is rice soup that you stick bits of what you fancy into. Highly recommended!

No didn't but now I do. It sounds good, but you don't like with bacon it? I saw Brits post above that I missed I didn't know Tom Yum could eaten for breakfast. So, I guess Thais eat pretty much whatever they want for breakfast. So, the is no real breakfast food then?

Yeah TBB, I found it strange to eat Tom Yum/Yam (with prawns) for breakfast too. I'm normally in the South and its really hot down there. You get used to it though, cleans out the system of a morning I tell ya. Lol. :o

Endure, I put your coat in taxi already....! :D

redrus

thaibebop - well hot soups are par the norm in thailand for breakfast.

I did not know that, cool!

So, what kinds? Something like Tom Yum?

Sorry, I thought you knew. Khao Tom is rice soup that you stick bits of what you fancy into. Highly recommended!

No didn't but now I do. It sounds good, but you don't like with bacon it? I saw Brits post above that I missed I didn't know Tom Yum could eaten for breakfast. So, I guess Thais eat pretty much whatever they want for breakfast. So, the is no real breakfast food then?

Yes, they seem to eat pretty much anything at any time although Khao Tom isn't spicy in itself. It's rice boiled in water and then served with the water rather than the water being removed. It's often eaten with minced chicken, shallots or sliced sausagey stuff. It's also really good when you've had a few Changs (The bacon was just a joke although I do wonder they don't serve decent back bacon rather than the fatty streaky stuff).

This is a Western Food forum. It is not a Thai food forum.

I ate cold breakfast cereal throughout childhood, and we kinda raised our kids the same way. Not many cold winter months, anyway. My favorites were also Wheaties and Cheerios, plus their derivatives like Sugar Wheat and Raisins, and Honey&Nuts Cheerios. The kids and I settled for pre-sugared cereals because we had a bad habit of loading on too much white sugar on the plain cereals.

Grape Nuts were good, but half a spoonful takes ten minutes to chew.

Shredded Wheat was good, but it's just burnt wheat - no sugar unless you buy it coated, no salt, no nothing except burnt wheat.

The kiddie cereals were a bit over the top. Still, my oldest son loved Count Chocula and some blueberry cereal called "Boo-Berry."

The health authorities in the USA revised the food groups to say you should eat a lot of grains. Cereal is grain. In British English, all grains are 'corn.'

Could we please keep our Thai food comments out of this forum? Thank you.

This is a Western Food forum.  It is not a Thai food forum. 

I ate cold breakfast cereal throughout childhood, and we kinda raised our kids the same way.  Not many cold winter months, anyway.  My favorites were also Wheaties and Cheerios, plus their derivatives like Sugar Wheat and Raisins, and Honey&Nuts Cheerios.  The kids and I settled for pre-sugared cereals because we had a bad habit of loading on too much white sugar on the plain cereals.

Grape Nuts were good, but half a spoonful takes ten minutes to chew.

Shredded Wheat was good, but it's just burnt wheat - no sugar unless you buy it coated, no salt, no nothing except burnt wheat.

The kiddie cereals were a bit over the top.  Still, my oldest son loved Count Chocula and some blueberry cereal called "Boo-Berry." 

The health authorities in the USA revised the food groups to say you should eat a lot of grains.  Cereal is grain.  In British English, all grains are 'corn.'

Could we please keep our Thai food comments out of this forum?  Thank you.

So, what kind of cold cereal do they have in Thailand? Are the ones you mentioned sold in LOS?

The health authorities in the USA revised the food groups to say you should eat a lot of grains.  Cereal is grain.  In British English, all grains are 'corn.'

In British English all grains are not 'corn' but are usually called by their proper name.