Breakfast Soup!

thaibebop

I ate cereal most of my life, but now Ms. B and I have a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches each morning. Sometimes with banana slices. We've been having that same meal every morning for nearly two years now. Yum!

OH, that's the best. I grew up on stuff like that. You should go buy the King's honey, I don't know how to say it in Thai, but get the honey and mix it with your peanut butter, than add banana, yumyum! :o

So, what kind of cold cereal do they have in Thailand? Are the ones you mentioned sold in LOS?

A lot of the same brands, that PeaceBlondie mentions, are available here. I have purchased Kelloggs Corn Flakes, made in Rayong!

Here, breakfast soup looks to to be 'Jook', a sort or rice porridge, and with cooked, ground pork would be Jook Moo. Very mild, but more of a lunch thing for me.

Maybe I didn't notice prices back home, but the Western cereals that I see in Thai stores cost and arm and a leg for a fair sized box. Same with Dorito corn chips, for that matter.

I stand corrected. I thought Brits call Mexican maiz 'maize' and other grains 'corn.'

In fact, are there are any Western style corn/maize cereals available in Thailand?

Maybe I didn't notice prices back home, but the Western cereals that I see in Thai stores cost and arm and a leg for a fair sized box.  Same with Dorito corn chips, for that matter.

I stand corrected.  I thought Brits call Mexican maiz 'maize' and other grains 'corn.' 

The main time that you'll hear the word 'corn' in everyday use is as part of 'cornflakes' or 'corn on the cob' which I think is what you call maize. Otherwise we tend to use the actual name of the grain.