Any 7D Users Out There?

Deserted

Greetings. I'm seriously considering purchasing the Canon 7d later in the year and was wondering about the following:

How much it currently costs in BKK (I am not in Thailand at the mo (assuming its around 40k])

How it compares to the latest EOS

What users make of the video quality (which I believe is broadcast quality)

Many thanks.

I find my 7D a very good DSLR, with a great autofocus, a fairly strong mechanic and body, good ergonomics, a bit difficult to tame. The cons IMHO are mostly about the sensor: 18 MP on an APS-C are a bit tight and there is a considerable (but manageable) noise starting from 200/400 ISO (!), the sensor don't forgive easily mistakes on exposition (mostly on overexposure) and micro blur is more easy.

I would change already my 7D with a 5D mark ii (easy to find at around 60.000 Baht) if I'm not owner of 2 lenses only fitted with APS-C dry.png

At the beginning I was excited about the 1080 video feature and I've used a couple of time, macro images with tripod, but now I've completely abandoned it, as many (most) of DSRL users.

I mean, The quality of video is very good. It is just me

I would advise to compare it to the Nikon D7000.

I don't have a 7D, but I got a 550D, which uses much of the same technology, except for the AF system and the AF microadjust.

Video quality is above & beyond broadcast on my 550D - it records very sharp full HD video. The files are huge, but can be easily converted into H264 (or I should say X264).

The downside is that the camera cannot AF while videoing, I think it is the same on the 7D.

I use manual focus while filming. Not great, but not much worse than AF anyway.

Thanks, though I'm kitted out for with Canon and prefer to stay with them. Actually prefer the feel of their cameras in general to other manufactures also, though I'm aware there are certain models which are slightly inferior to similar priced models from other manufactures.