Phuket Elections: No Alcohol Sales In Chalong, Rassada

webfact

Phuket elections: no alcohol sales in Chalong, Rassada

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1-12716ayULFLorLRNIMbNjQeZFuZAIUU.jpg

Major retailers including the Phuket Tesco-Lotus Mall on the bypass road and Super Cheap will be affected by this weekend's alcohol sales ban.

PHUKET: -- Alcohol sales will be banned in Chalong and Rassada from 6pm today till midnight on tomorrow due to local elections to be held tomorrow in those Phuket subdistricts.

Phuket Election Commission Director Kittipong Thiengkunakrit told the Phuket Gazette that Chalong has two voting districts with 7,135 and 7,497 eligible voters, respectively.

The mayoral candidates are Thanapong Koudom and Somran Jindapol. There are also 27 candidates contesting 12 council seats, six in each voting district.

An official from the Chalong Tambon Administration Organization told the Gazette that Chalong is currently subdivided into 10 villages, known in Thai as "moo".

From one to 10, they are: Baan Khao Noi, Baan Bon Suan, Baan Palai, Baan Na Yai, Baan Nakok, Baan Chalong, Baan Wat Mai, Baan Kok Sai, Baan Kok Tanode and Baan Yodsane, respectively.

Meanwhile, campaigning in Rassada Municipality has been fierce in recent weeks, with incumbent Surathin "Ko Seng" Lianudom and his Klum Rak Rassada team facing a strong challenge from Phudit Raksarat and his team.

Rassada has two electoral districts, of 15,559 and 13,926 voters, respectively, Director Kittipong noted.

Thirty-nine candidates are vying for 12 council seats, six in each district.

A Rassada Municipality official told the Gazette that the sprawling subdistrict, which borders Phuket Town on the East and North is divided into seven moo – Baan Koh Sireh, Baan Bang Chee Lao, Baan Kuku, Baan Laem Tukkae, Baan Thungka, Baan Lakkongsee and Baan Ta Rua Mai.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle12716.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-03-24

Is there also an election in Phuket on the 7th April? as I know that there will be a no alcohol policy as well. My friend arrives in Phuket on the 7th April and wants to know?

I told him I seen it posted somewhere and today's elections & on the 7th April.

Can anyone confirm please?

cheers

Is there also an election in Phuket on the 7th April? as I know that there will be a no alcohol policy as well. My friend arrives in Phuket on the 7th April and wants to know?

I told him I seen it posted somewhere and today's elections & on the 7th April.

Can anyone confirm please?

cheers

Yes, 6th and 7th for elections and possibly 8th to 10th for a Royal funeral, though that could just be a nightlife closure, it's not too clear. Not the best timing for your friend's arrival if he wants a few beers.

Did you all survive these horrible times?

I'm still amazed of this kind of reporting. I guess few days of banning alcohol sales is far more important than the elections itself for the foreigners who live in Phuket.