Fun I Cm

helgejensen

I guess I'll start off before the comments arrive. :o Loi Kroh road - lots of small bars along most of its' length and at its' corner. John's Place (Thai oriented) moon muang road, Spot Light - more upbeat and will be crowded at that time of year -across the street from John's Place , Star Six (shaddy). Let others add.

There aren't that many gogo bars in Chiang Mai. Actually just two that are sort of okay to spend 20 minutes in. :o There's Spotlight on the moat near Thapae Gate (Kotchasarn Road) and near the Night Bazar (the soi parallel to and in between the Night Bazar road and Kamphaeng Din). Forgot what that one is called but I think it's still there.

That's about it, not counting some sadder places. Some of the bars are fun, like those on Loi Kroh road around the corner from Spotlight, close to the moat. More bars again off Loi Kroh but further up, just before you get to Kamphaeng Din Road on the right hand side. Then there's a couple of bars along Moon Muang, including the ancient -but refusing to die- Bar Beer Center near Thapae, next to the Top North Hotel. (Good mid-range place to stay)

...as long as you don't swim in the algae pool. :o

I do believe the other you are talking about is Foxy Lady, Chanchao. Spotlight bigger and better IMO. Plenty of Karaoke joints around town but mainly catering to the Asian crowd. Best off hanging around Loi Kroh.

...as long as you don't swim in the algae pool. :o

I do believe the other you are talking about is Foxy Lady, Chanchao. Spotlight bigger and better IMO. Plenty of Karaoke joints around town but mainly catering to the Asian crowd. Best off hanging around Loi Kroh.

I have had some good nights in Foxy lady. Have to pick and choose your ying du jour carefully. But some fun ones in there. :D

I seem to remember seeing one advertised called something like..."The Bunny Club-Diamond bar"...or something similar but never managed to stagger down far enough.

From memory you walk past the Red Lion (left hand side-Bt 100/pint)then keep goin on by the Downtown Hotel (RHS-800bt /night iclu.breki)towards the river and this joint is ..think on the left somewhere.

As said saw an advert and it looked worth a check out but..no more info than that...

:o

What ever happened to the Las Vegas, around the back corner from the Prince?  Now that was one seedy establishment.

Still there I think. We drove on that road not too long ago but that was in the daytime. Looked like it was still active (not in disuse). My understanding is that the Las Vegas was the first "go-go" place in Chinag Mai, conviently located near the U.S. consulate and the military types. Just as the Prince Hotel was once one of the "best" hotels in Chiang Mai.

What ever happened to the Las Vegas, around the back corner from the Prince?  Now that was one seedy establishment.

Still there I think. We drove on that road not too long ago but that was in the daytime. Looked like it was still active (not in disuse). My understanding is that the Las Vegas was the first "go-go" place in Chinag Mai, conviently located near the U.S. consulate and the military types. Just as the Prince Hotel was once one of the "best" hotels in Chiang Mai.

It was real seedy, old and rundown in the early eighties. Still going last time I went past. Probably still got the original go-go dancers on stage as well as their grand-daughters.

The security boys there didn't like The Escape (original in the E & I days) customers parking in front of the shop-houses alongside, got real nasty at times.

That would make sense as the Prince does have that old R&R charm as such standards as the Malaysia in Bangkok and it would have been the nicest hotel with a pool within walking distance of the US consulate, a real Air America hangout before my time. I did spend many an afternoon around the pool with the ladies with ol' Ai Mun serving the drinks.

These same ladies also ended up serving the beers and hot dogs at the US consulate's 4th of July party on the lawn where you could bump into all of the US expats in the region at once, including the missionaries. Nothing like having a cold Budweiser along side the governor of Chiang Mai while Chiang Mai's working girls were busy giggling.

The nak leng out front of the Las Vegas were some pretty scary Thai guys. It took me two years to summon up the courage to go inside where I ordered one beer, drank quickly, and then departed, never able to muster up the courage to go in again.

That would make sense as the Prince does have that old R&R charm as such standards as the Malaysia in Bangkok and it would have been the nicest hotel with a pool within walking distance of the US consulate, a real Air America hangout before my time. I did spend many an afternoon around the pool with the ladies with ol' Ai Mun serving the drinks.

These same ladies also ended up serving the beers and hot dogs at the US consulate's 4th of July party on the lawn where you could bump into all of the US expats in the region at once, including the missionaries. Nothing like having a cold Budweiser along side the governor of Chiang Mai while Chiang Mai's working girls were busy giggling.

The nak leng out front of the Las Vegas were some pretty scary Thai guys. It took me two years to summon up the courage to go inside where I ordered one beer, drank quickly, and then departed, never able to muster up the courage to go in again.

2 years ! ?? :o

Not that scary. Went in a while ago with a CM newbie to show him the best and worst of CM. Actually had a fun couple of hours. Only one or two passable yings, but...

Then went to the Karaoke across the street where we bought a bottle of Song Sip and had a few of the ladies singing songs for us.

The Bunny Club has changed names. But no better venue than it has been in the last year , or so. Now 2 years ago it was a fun place ! But staff went down quickly with a few fulfilling theirs, and their parents, dream by marrying farangs and going to one of the choosen lands (UK, Scandanavia, or the US :D )

J

There aren't that many gogo bars in Chiang Mai.  Actually just two that are sort of okay to spend 20 minutes in. :D  There's Spotlight on the moat near Thapae Gate (Kotchasarn Road) and near the Night Bazar (the soi parallel to and in between the Night Bazar road and Kamphaeng Din). Forgot what that one is called but I think it's still there.

That's about it, not counting some sadder places.  Some of the bars are fun, like those on Loi Kroh road around the corner from Spotlight, close to the moat.  More bars again off Loi Kroh but further up, just before you get to Kamphaeng Din Road on the right hand side.  Then there's a couple of bars along Moon Muang, including the ancient -but refusing to die- Bar Beer Center near Thapae, next to the Top North Hotel. (Good mid-range place to stay)

I think it's called the Foxy Lady and trust me I've spent some time in there and it suck's....especially if you're used to the South (I think he means Phuket). :o

Yeah, these places are not up to those of the south, Pattaya and Bangers, but if it's between living in paradise up in the mountains and having a slivver of action, or residing in the south in these other gawd awful places just to oggle some tart with her fanny in yer face, I'll stick with the former, keep my sanity and hope the southerners stay put. :D:o

Yeah, these places are not up to those of the south, Pattaya and Bangers, but if it's between living in paradise up in the mountains and having a slivver of action, or residing in the south in these other gawd awful places just to oggle some tart with her fanny in yer face, I'll stick with the former, keep my sanity and hope the southerners stay put. :D  :D

It's interesting how this thread has rung up so many views... :o