Phuket Model Crowned Miss Thailand World 2012

Lite Beer

She looks just fine to me although I admit the photo is not very flattering to the other two especially the one on the left but if you met them in person you could well comment they are stunners rather than the cynical posts here by people who have never met the girl.

Fortunately it appears that the judging criteria extended well beyond their meat market appeal. The mia luang informs me that her speech was by far the best of the lot. Congratulations to the winner and good luck in the world competition.

Any idea what she gave her speech on? Something substantive, e.g., art, culture, history, politics, human suffering, environmental issues, etc.? Or just a monologue on how to get teeth really white?

Maybe she took some coaching lessons from the Prime Minister...

Why? Does the PM also lay claim to the "Best in Swimsuit" or "Miss Beauty with a Purpose" titles?

Nope, but best designer boots during a national flood crisis must count for something.

• Like 1

For all you farang claiming she isn't so beautiful - remember that mainstream Thai society has completely different standards of aesthetics for their women.

They wouldn't touch our choices with a barge pole.

Kind of nice, it works out that way.

If we were all competing for the same women, I have a feeling I know who'd win (hint - those with the guns and money).

"She graduated from Satree Phuket School in Phuket with a bachelor of arts in humanities at Ramkhamhaeng University."

How can she have already graduated with a 4 year degree and be only 20 years old!

Ramkhamhaeng is more like an open/adult-ed, self-study just pass the multiple-choice tests cakewalk alternative to regular tertiary education.

Great area to live, thousands of hotties all over the place - and they aren't the rich ones. . .

My heartiest congratulations to the winner of Miss Thailandlightcolouredskinworld.

Lets not forget that nose either, most of the features that make Thai women and indeed Asian ladies beautiful and exotic are considered lower class here and despised..

Thank Madison Avenue, USA - the MNC's ad agency hit teams go into countries, analyze the population's natural features, then blitzkrieg all media with ad/propaganda that pronounces them ugly, low class, loserville... and then schlep little plastic bottles of The Cure & Answer to All their Dreams to them.

I miss Thailand of Old.

Sorry the culture of what is considered worthy predates those institutions I'm afraid so while it's nice to have someone to blame it isn't the US beauty market or Madison Avenue this time..

She looks just fine to me although I admit the photo is not very flattering to the other two especially the one on the left but if you met them in person you could well comment they are stunners rather than the cynical posts here by people who have never met the girl.

Except that's a matter of personal taste and opinion isn't it?

Cannot find a decent swimsuit of her anywhere on the internet.

I am sure she is in here somewhere, but it may take a while to find here (because you have to look at FACES to do that)...

Miss-Thailand-World-2012-contestants-in-swimwear-01.jpg

Daewoo

Except that's a matter of personal taste and opinion isn't it?

Of course it is a matter of personal taste, I happen to think the winner is quite stunning. I was just trying to point out the cynicism of putting someone down because of their perceived looks or offering degrading opinions on someone they don't know.

"She graduated from Satree Phuket School in Phuket with a bachelor of arts in humanities at Ramkhamhaeng University."

How can she have already graduated with a 4 year degree and be only 20 years old!

Parents helped her to "fast track"?