Help Me Spice Up My Life

KIWIBATCH

Cayenne pepper....in ground or whole form. I have searched high and low in all the usual supermarkets for the ground cayenne pepper but have not been able to locate it. Vegetable section, herb and spice section..you name it.

Now forgive my ignorance...whole cayenne peppers....are these the bright red curved peppers you find by the 100's in bins in the supermarkets or are these in fact chillis...??? there is a difference. I need the genuine cayenne peppers.

I cannot read thai....therefore may have missed seeing the thai labelled containers of the ground stuff. Anyone know the thai language labelling that they could post in thai ?

I have a cholestrol problem back with me after a few years of being without it. Back "home" in New Zealand before coming to Thailand I took Cayenne pepper half a teaspoon a day....it rid me of the high cholestrol...but now its back again.

I refuse to take drugs to control it...much preferring a natural cure via my old friend cayenne pepper together with an "adjustment" to my current diet.

Thanks

I use the same, although i always wondered if chillis and cayenne were the same, the following site with pics will help,

https://www.google.com/search?q=cayenne+pepper+pics&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ADFA_en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=iB9yT_HGCoirrAful5nXDQ&ved=0CCQQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=491

If that dosnt work, just enter Cayenne Pepper Pics into search.

I'm pretty sure I've seen ground Cayenne pepper in Villa Market - the spice section.

There are other ways to control cholesterol too - you could try doing some regular exercise :)

All the best!