Decked Out Cabin/house In Krabi Area

James H

Hello everyone, first time poster here.

Here goes my case:

For a number of reasons, it's been a pretty stressful year for me and my girlfriend and we've decided that we deserve a little bit of slow down, so we are looking into moving to Thailand (a country we both loved as tourists) for about 6 months up to a full year in 2006. We liked very much the Krabi area, and there's where we'd like to stay during our months in Thailand.

My questions are as follow:

1) How much would a fairly large cabin cost per month in one of the main beaches in Krabi? I mean, we're going to live there for up to a year so we will need more space than the typical tourist cabin, such as a kitchen, full size bathroom, living room, etc. I hope it's not very expensive cause at the end of the day I am nothing but an IT-field employee back home.

2) I need broadband internet (I conduct my working activity over the internet). Do you think those cabins/houses for rent would come with internet connection? if not, how long would it take to install it? any other possible work-arounds as far as this is concerned?

Thank you in advance guys!

James.

• 1 month later...
My questions are as follow:

1) How much would a fairly large cabin cost per month in one of the main beaches in Krabi? I

James.

Hi,

As I'm looking at living in Krabi for about a year I'm also wondering this and if you've learned anything about rentals in this area?

Be well,

Arik