Worry Free Parking In Cm City

nokia

Hi CM folks,

Do you find parking in CM city convenient for your motor vehicles? As you all probably know, parking is free in Lotus, Airport Plaza, and 10b-Kad Suan Keau, 20b/hr?-Warorat market etc.

It's no problem if you are on a short errand. Just park alongside any road, hit & run. For longer errands, it's subjected to the no-parking timing indicated on most roads. Where are the good spots to park within the city moat esp on long errands, and for crowded places like the Chang Klang Night Market & Sunday Market?

My UK neighbour parked along Chang Klang Rd during one of the late afternoon no-parking timing because there were many cars parked there. When he came back, alas, his car was the only one left, and being ticketed 400baht by a traffic police.

"When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of worries in his life, most of which had never happened" -Winston Churchill

> Do you find parking in CM city convenient for your motor vehicles?

Very. Very rare too that you have to pay something, and then usually just 5 baht.

Some areas it helps to know the back sois though, like when parking near Thapae gate when the Sunday walking street market is on.

> Where are the good spots to park within the city moat esp on long

> errands, and for crowded places like the Chang Klang Night Market &

> Sunday Market?

I could tell you but then I'd have to torch your vehicle, tow it away and dump it in the moat if you ever park there. :D:o

Cheers,

Chanchao

Sometimes, I have problems even finding a place for my motorcycle, where it won't offend some shopkeeper worrying about his "customer strip"... especially along the moats.

No, won't expose my secrets neither, sorry.

Unless you live too far out a Tuk Tuk is best on Sunday.  The traffic is so bad even though I can park my car at a friend's place I leave it at home. 

The other good thing about that is I can have a few beers while my wife's at the Walking Street.

This is an excellent idea, better than circling the moat like a 'bumble bee' looking for parking spaces.

> Do you find parking in CM city convenient for your motor vehicles?

Very.  Very rare too that you have to pay something, and then usually just 5 baht.

Some areas it helps to know the back sois though, like when parking near Thapae gate when the Sunday walking street market is on.

I could tell you but then I'd have to torch your vehicle, tow it away and dump it in the moat if you ever park there. :D  :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

dear chanchao, can parking be really convenient if you feel like torching vehicles which parked in your favourite spot & then dumping the blazing inferno into the moat? Wow, what a spectacle it would be. Another new festival to celebrate? a la CM-Paris twin cities celebration? :o

Seriously the back sois are rather narrow for two pickups to be side by side. I wouldnt want to have a missing or cracked side mirror.

Sometimes, I have problems even finding a place for my motorcycle, where it won't offend some shopkeeper worrying about his "customer strip"... especially along the moats.

No, won't expose my secrets neither, sorry.

Yes parking can be worrisome, esp when we dont wish offend any shopkeeper, nor blocking somebody's entrance, or park 1km away and walk because it's not cool, and un-Thai! Welcome to the LOS! :D