Flights To Rangon, Mandalay

thequietman

hi guys,

i want to fly to rangon or mandalay one way (business visa) not sure of return date as yet.

tryed air mandalay, they dont seem to do flights at the moment. is that true ?

any suggestions or websites please to get a flight for between the 22nd and 24th April 2012. I have looked everywhere.

thanks.

To fly into Myanmar you have 3 choices originating in Thailand and a large number of indirect routings (via KUL, SIN, many other SE Asian cities, KMG and other Chinese airports) depending on your budget, current location, time schedule and frequent flyer requirements.

The direct flights are:

BKK-RGN with Air Asia, Thai, Bangkok, or MAI.

CNX- RGN with Air Bagan

HKT-RGN with Air Bagan. Condor is running FRA-RGN-HKT flights from Nov 2012 and you might be able to grab the HKT-RGN leg.

Air Mandalay is very much up and running and is the preferred domestic airline together with Air Bagan in terms of reliability, efficiency and safety (but everything is relative to Myanmar standards!) Asian Wings is not bad but largely handles tour groups. Personally I would avoid Myanma Airways domestically and certainly Air KBZ, had a nasty little prang at SNW in February due to some interesting pilot manoeuvres.

Air Mandalay used to fly CNX-RGN and is talking about restarting this route. Air Bagan is also considering a CNX-SNW route but I wouldn't hold my breath on that, nice as it may be.

You can guarantee that all sorts of new routings will open up in the next couple of years, if current trajectory is maintained.

The only flights to MDL are China Eastern from KMG and I believe somewhere else in China. If the Mae Sai border ever opens up full time you could grab a domestic flight from Tachilek to MDL, here's hoping.

Edited by folium