Krabi Gang Hacks Off Tourist's Thumb In Bag Snatch

webfact

Seems like the police knew right where to go. Partners in crime?

What utter dribble.

The local police probably have experience and know the troublemakers of that area. I have no doubts that these youths have caused problems before and are known to the police, perhaps already having criminal records.

And in answer to another poster, the police do not look sympathetic in the photo.

Regarding the girls thumb, I am not sure what will happen in this case. It is unlikely that these pieces of scum will have enough funds to pay compensation for the victim’s injuries and it is unlikely that the TiT or the Thai Government will cough up any cash. Not only for the physical injuries that may require further medical treatment but also the psychological trauma this tragic event is going to leave on these girls, probably for the rest of their lives.

The only consolation the girls may receive is that the youths will receive a long prison term and hopefully they are adequately covered by an insurance policy.

A terrible state of affairs in deed.

• Like 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I donot know about Krabi, but if juvenile delinquents like these three, are being caught here in Cha'am, the first thing the police will do is beat them all up, severely, just for starters!

Secondly, if the same teenagers or adults for that matter, are being caught on a regularly basis here in Petchaburi province, for crimes like theft, robbery, b&e or ya ba, they take them into a rice field, never to be heard of again....

The police commissioner simply tells his officers that he never wants to see that particular person ever again.

I'm told that this happens in many more provinces too.....

I like that type of justice!

Safe Thailand has definitely ended. No one seems to have any answers as to why Thai people have become so violent, especially to tourists and farangs. Thai friends say 'thai on thai' crime hasn't changed, we just didn't know about it. They say what has changed is that Thais are no longer scared to attack a farang/tourist. Unfortunately this will dent tourism figues.

Well someone woke up, ive been saying this for the last 3 years, my thai wife says the same, not nice people around her home town (hua hin) ive noticed it in BK a lot maybe im wrong, but opinion rules the roost, not opinion polls, this blog is people and people dont tell crap, only exagerate a little at time in good humour usually, thailand is gone to mafia controlled maniacs, unfortunately they come from europe, ruthless crimials now traffic women and drugs, the spin off is that the heads of the small thai guys swell up , they become pimps with attitude , and copy cat and demand higher rewards, police have to be rewarded as well, why do african street girls have a free reign in sukhomvit rd outside Nana, now I know! the police r colour blind.

• Like 1

Sorry, just reading again and these thugs are saying that they targetted foreign tourists because they didn't know the area well, yet they are all residents of Krabi. I spent 24 hours in Krabi and would say that I know it fairly well having found 2 markets, a hospital and the docks in 24 hours. What a crock of.....

It'll be handy knowing were the hospital is.

“All of them have been charged with armed robbery and receiving stolen property,” Lt Col Chatchawan said.

I have been told that unless the witnesses are there to testify in court, the charges are dropped. I imagine the same will happen here. Arrested to satisfy German Embassy, period. Trial date? Safely after German girls go home.

In a lot of societies like Australia for instance, the prosecution will want a conviction in a serious crime such as this and that requires the victim and key witnesses to be available. The prosection would accomadate the victim in the country and bare the costs and take care of visa requirements. The court could even make an order at the request of the prosection that immigration extend a visa. But hey Australia is a different society.

Yes - a former penal colony lock.gif

I donot know about Krabi, but if juvenile delinquents like these three, are being caught here in Cha'am, the first thing the police will do is beat them all up, severely, just for starters!

Secondly, if the same teenagers or adults for that matter, are being caught on a regularly basis here in Petchaburi province, for crimes like theft, robbery, b&e or ya ba, they take them into a rice field, never to be heard of again....

The police commissioner simply tells his officers that he never wants to see that particular person ever again.

I'm told that this happens in many more provinces too.....

I like that type of justice!

Justice ????????

• Like 1

"The women filed a complaint with the German Embassy, which sparked police action." and “All of them have been charged with armed robbery and receiving stolen property,” Lt Col Chatchawan said.

No charges for maiming, assault with a deadly weapon, or anything else? Amazing Thailand.