Firebomb Blasts Rock Phuket Housing Estate

webfact

Firebomb blasts rock Phuket housing estate

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1-12767PBBpqmQyZVSuASTdsTwPndrTXG.jpg

Phuket Police question neighbors, none of whom could provide the name of the neighbor who is presumed to have been the target of the attack. Photo: Wichai Witthawat

phuket-4-12767DWevMLeuZJpPaeWIpNBoFPVUFt.jpg

Bloodstains presumed by Phuket Police to be those of the owner of house 310/74 in the Bo Din housing estate in Thalang, Phuket. Photo: Wichai Witthawat

PHUKET: -- Two explosions left one man injured, a dog dead and caused extensive property damage in a late-night firebomb attack in a Phuket housing estate early this morning.

Thalang Police were at 12:20am notified of two explosions in the Bo Din housing estate, located near the TOT office on Ban Don Road in Thepkrasattri Village 1.

At the scene, they found extensive damage to the front of two attached homes, numbered 310/74 and 310/75.

In the gated car park of house 310/74, the presumed target, they found a car with shattered windows. More shards of glass were found near the front door of the house, where glass from one of two empty aquariums shattered.

Initial investigation revealed that one man, injured in the bombing, was rushed to hospital for emergency treatment, presumably by a friend and not by an ambulance.

However, initial police efforts to contact local hospitals, to check on the man’s condition and question him have thus far proved fruitless.

From an examination of the bloodstains at the scene, police suspect that he may have suffered only minor injury and gone into hiding.

Initial questioning of witnesses revealed that a pickup truck circled past the home twice before the bomber lobbed two bombs into the residence.

One missed the target, landing in the carport of the adjacent unit, where it killed a small pet dog.

Police presume the bombs were homemade gasoline bombs, as the smell of petrol was thick in the area.

A group of about 10 neighbors who assembled at the scene told rescue workers that the sole occupant of house 310/74 was a single man, who did not spend much time there. Nobody knew his name.

The neighbor who lost her dog in the bombing said she had long feared trouble from the home which, when occupied, was frequently the site of visits by unknown youths.

Police at the scene would neither confirm nor deny the neighbors’ rumors that the victim had once served time for a drug conviction, a rescue worker said.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle12767.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-03-29

Another fine upstanding citizen moves into a quiet, respectable Phuket suburb.

You have to love the neigbour who's dog unfortunately was the only known fatality suddenly saying she had her concerns ever since the (nameless) neighbour with the aleged drug conviction moved in and all the local punks were stopping by.

Edited by NanLaew

dam_n! Sorry for that innocent puppy! Shame that innocents like that have to suffer the wrath of scum bags due to other peoples potentially nefarious activities sad.png ..

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

My house was also bombed a year ago although nobody was injured so the fact didn't make the news. It was done with a few round firework "bombs" thrown over the fence at a vacant lot opposite the house. The windows shook and the whole area caught fire. All neighbors come out to dose it with buckets of water. Of course there was nobody to be seen after these blasts as the culprits left quickly through the adjoining property. I believe this was done by local mafia boys who intended to scare me and "make me understand" who I was dealing with at that time. Welcome to foreigner heaven of Koh Samui! I only write this to report how things really are here.

• Like 2

Phuket Police name bomb target as wanted drug kingpin

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1-12774VPQckkbActFLHdsmYGpRoHMqNP.jpg

A photo of the drug gang arrested in Khok Kloy in October last year. The only member missing is their alleged leader, 32-year-old Monkol Benjaphan of Phuket. Photo: Phang Nga PRD

phuket-4-12772XHoJqTcwlSkYUsAQoLZLHCaAjB.jpg

The force of the blast from one of the bombs shattered the glass of the windows along the front of the house. Phuket Police say both devices were homemade IEDs. Photo: Wichai Witthwat

PHUKET: -- The target of the bomb attack in Phuket late last night was wanted by police in Phang Nga, who named him as a drug kingpin whose gang was rounded up in Khok Kloy Police District in October last year.

The bomb attack was the top topic of conversation at the previously-scheduled monthly security meeting chaired by Phuket Vice Governor Sommai Prijasilpa at Provincial Hall this morning.

Thalang Police Deputy Superintendent Supawat Suwanpirom told the meeting that the home where the attack took place belonged to 32-year-old Mongkol Benjaphan.

Mr Mongkol was injured by one of the two Improvised Explosive Devices, better known as IEDs, and is now in hiding, Lt Col Supawat said.

A report issued by the Phang Nga Provincial Public Relations Office last October stated that Mr Mongkol was the head of a drug gang operating in both Phuket and across the bridge in Khok Kloy subdistrict, Phang Nga.

Seven other of the gang members were arrested and charged, with 525 grams of ya ice (crystal methamphetamine) and 709 ya bah (methamphetamine) pills seized, but Mr Mongkol escaped.

A warrant issued for his arrest listed Mr Mongkol as a resident of Koh Kaew Village 3 in Muang District.

Despite his fugitive status, Mr Mongkol continued to periodically visit his home in the Bo Din housing estate, where the attack occurred just after midnight early this morning.

Four vehicles were damaged and the neighbor’s poodle was killed in the attack, the committee heard.

Both bombs were homemade devices, one with a PVC housing and the other constructed using an instant noodle soup container, Lt Col Supawat said.

Thalang Police are expediting the investigation and hope to track down Mr Mongkol soon, he said.

Vice Governor Sommai urged police to work with their counterparts to find Mr Mongkol as quickly as possible.

Incidents like these damage Phuket’s image as a tourism destination, she said.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...ticle12772.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2012-03-29

My house was also bombed a year ago although nobody was injured so the fact didn't make the news. It was done with a few round firework "bombs" thrown over the fence at a vacant lot opposite the house. The windows shook and the whole area caught fire. All neighbors come out to dose it with buckets of water. Of course there was nobody to be seen after these blasts as the culprits left quickly through the adjoining property. I believe this was done by local mafia boys who intended to scare me and "make me understand" who I was dealing with at that time. Welcome to foreigner heaven of Koh Samui! I only write this to report how things really are here.

Are you not paying the protection money to keep your property safe? Or are you impacting their operation by calling the police or being the competittion? jap.gif

Start hanging with a better group of people.
  • Like 1

Amazing Thailand where the people are so friendly and sweet

Well... they are where I live...Phan in Chiang Rai isn't a dump like Phuket, Pattaya or BKK.

Phuket is a provence, not a town or city. Although there is a town named Phuket here. This incident was in a town named Thalang. But since you don't live here, I guess you wouldn't know that... I'm so glad to hear that Phan isn't a dump...

• Like 2

Phuket is a provence, not a town or city. Although there is a town named Phuket here. This incident was in a town named Thalang. But since you don't live here, I guess you wouldn't know that... I'm so glad to hear that Phan isn't a dump...

Actually Thalang is not a town but one of three districts (Amphoe) on Phuket, I would have thought if you live here you would know that.
  • Like 1

Actually Thalang is not a town but one of three districts (Amphoe) on Phuket, I would have thought if you live here you would know that.

You are correct...

Well... they are where I live...Phan in Chiang Rai isn't a dump like Phuket, Pattaya or BKK.

They also are where I live, on Phuket. Why do people feel the need to bash others or other places? Don't bother answering, I know, it makes them feel better.

So I'm sure the attackers and victim here will be glad to hear they made Teddy feel good about himself.

• Like 1

Well, I beg to differ, Amphur is quite often translated to town or city.

The Province of Phuket has only 3 cities, being Kathu, Thalang and Phuket Town (Amphur Mueang). It's often said that Phuket has the smallest number of cities of all provinces in Thailand.

meow, catty or what?

They also are where I live, on Phuket. Why do people feel the need to bash others or other places? Don't bother answering, I know, it makes them feel better.

So I'm sure the attackers and victim here will be glad to hear they made Teddy feel good about himself.

I am always surprised at the termites I can draw out of the wood work...I am happy for you...Have a nice day.

FYI...I did know that...My wife who is Thai even refuses to go there...She says it's like a cesspool. As is Pattaya and BKK...I have been to all three and I must agree.

Doh! Cha ching!

Thailand is no different than anywhere else in the world.

Most of the time these stories are about the scumbags taking each other out. (Thai or Farang)

Occasionally (as in this case with the dog), there is "collateral damage". This also happens in western countries.

All the stories you see in the media state the obvious but as that in not newsworthy enough they then start talking to neighbours and witnesses who offer many varying opinions.

The only way to fairly comment on these stories is to be in full possession of ALL THE FACTS everything else is just pure insignificant conjecture.

I am always surprised at the termites I can draw out of the wood work...I am happy for you...Have a nice day.

As long as you fel good about yourself I'm happy for you. Why you would be happy for me I have no idea, nor do I want to know.