Firebomb Blasts Rock Phuket Housing Estate

webfact

Phuket is a provence, not a town or city. Although there is a town named Phuket here. This incident was in a town named Thalang. But since you don't live here, I guess you wouldn't know that... I'm so glad to hear that Phan isn't a dump...

Actually Thalang is not a town but one of three districts (Amphoe) on Phuket, I would have thought if you live here you would know that.

Well, I beg to differ, Amphur is quite often translated to town or city.

The Province of Phuket has only 3 cities, being Kathu, Thalang and Phuket Town (Amphur Mueang). It's often said that Phuket has the smallest number of cities of all provinces in Thailand.

That would be an incorrect translation then. Phuket Town is part of Amphur Muang, as are Kata, Karon, Rawai. Translating Muang as town or city would be better, but also not completely correct.

Phuket is a provence, not a town or city. Although there is a town named Phuket here. This incident was in a town named Thalang. But since you don't live here, I guess you wouldn't know that... I'm so glad to hear that Phan isn't a dump...

Actually Thalang is not a town but one of three districts (Amphoe) on Phuket, I would have thought if you live here you would know that.

Well, I beg to differ, Amphur is quite often translated to town or city.

The Province of Phuket has only 3 cities, being Kathu, Thalang and Phuket Town (Amphur Mueang). It's often said that Phuket has the smallest number of cities of all provinces in Thailand.

That would be an incorrect translation then. Phuket Town is part of Amphur Muang, as are Kata, Karon, Rawai. Translating Muang as town or city would be better, but also not completely correct.

Rawai, Kata etc are Tambon, not Amphur. As I said Soupdragon is correct...

• Like 1

Rawai, Kata etc are Tambon, not Amphur. As I said Soupdragon is correct...

Jimi, don't talke BS. Kata, Karon and Rawai are Tambon and Amphur, same as every address in Thailand. Kata e.g. is Tambon Karon, Amphur Muang, Phuket 83100

You hit the nail on that...! Even my wife refuses to go there.

laugh.png I love that! 'Even' your wife!! That's basically you saying your wife has very low standards, but Phuket's 'even' to bad for her.

I've never trusted a man that uses his own picture in his avatar. tongue.png

I might come on the sub forum that covers where you live and tell everybody what a snooze fest it is, but I probably won't because that would make me a tw#t!!

You hit the nail on that...! Even my wife refuses to go there.

laugh.png I love that! 'Even' your wife!! That's basically you saying your wife has very low standards, but Phuket's 'even' to bad for her.

I've never trusted a man that uses his own picture in his avatar. tongue.png

I might come on the sub forum that covers where you live and tell everybody what a snooze fest it is, but I probably won't because that would make me a tw#t!!

edit

Edited by Shot

My house was also bombed a year ago although nobody was injured so the fact didn't make the news. It was done with a few round firework "bombs" thrown over the fence at a vacant lot opposite the house. The windows shook and the whole area caught fire. All neighbors come out to dose it with buckets of water. Of course there was nobody to be seen after these blasts as the culprits left quickly through the adjoining property. I believe this was done by local mafia boys who intended to scare me and "make me understand" who I was dealing with at that time. Welcome to foreigner heaven of Koh Samui! I only write this to report how things really are here.

Are you not paying the protection money to keep your property safe? Or are you impacting their operation by calling the police or being the competittion? jap.gif

Neither. It has to do with a land dispute, not of my making, that unfortunately involves "big people" in Samui. Not nice to say 'mafia' is it? I tried to hire local "good boys" to protect me but instead they turned on me and extorted 100,000 THB for their "services" that never materialised. Yes, sure, I should hang around better people but where are they? I had little choice in what I got myself into here. My only mistake was investing all my life savings in Thailand. But hey, at that time I was thinking Samui to be a lovely, tropical Paradise island, full of friendly people .. not unlike everybody else. Well, they smiled to me when I was spending. Now, that I understand there is absolutely no law here, no justice or human rights for foreigners I'd rather be in a cold country elsewhere. If only I could get my money back.