Visa

You must obtain a real visa from a Consulate to obtain a permitted to say stamp longer than 30 days.

There are several options open if you can meet them - but we are blind as to why you are obtaining 30 day stays from your post so up to you if you want to say anything or not - below are a few possibilities if you are not aware of them.

Can you invest 3 million baht? That could allow you to stay in Thailand one year at a time. Can you set up a company? Do you have a Thai wife? Can you obtain a work permit?

A trip to Penang consulate will net you a 2 entry tourist visa.

Each entry is valid for 60 days and can be extended for an additional 30 at your local immigration (1900 Baht).

Unfortunately you can only get the 30 day stamp at border crossings.

What is your status in Thailand? If you are married to a Thai there are other options (1 year non-o).

A trip to Penang consulate will net you a 2 entry tourist visa.

Each entry is valid for 60 days and can be extended for an additional 30 at your local immigration (1900 Baht).

Unfortunately you can only get the 30 day stamp at border crossings.

What is your status in Thailand? If you are married to a Thai there are other options (1 year non-o).

ive been in thailand sometime and hear many differant tales of how you can get longer stay visa,i dont have thai wife but have hered about going to penang,im in chiangmai how is the best way to go there thanks

ive been in thailand sometime and hear many differant tales of how you can get longer stay visa,i dont have thai wife but have hered about going to penang,im in chiangmai how is the best way to go there thanks

Since you are in CM, I would think that the best way to get to Penang would be to travel on foot.

... or you can try taking an airline flight.

Edited by Gumballl

Since you are in CM, I would think that the best way to get to Penang would be to travel on foot.

... or you can try taking an airline flight.

if i wasnt as bright as you i wouldnt need to ask