Late 90 Day Reporting

It's my own fault, I just didn't put it on the calendar as I usually do. I noticed that I was about a week late on my 90 day address confirmation so I grabbed my passport and went to immigration after work on Friday. They looked at the passport and told me I had overstayed! (My visa expires in late January) When I explained what I was actually there for, they asked for the receipt from my previous 90 day check in. I explained that I had lost it and was told to report the loss to my local police station and return to immigration with the official police report.

Somewhat shaken up by all this I went home and searched though my papers until I found the reciept from last September. I went back to immigration on Monday and was told that I had to pay a 2000 baht fine. I paid it and this time I stapled the recipt into my passport so I would be sure to have it next time.

My previous 90 day reports have all be routine and so I was really blindsided by this. I notice that the 2000 baht fine is the same as a 10 day overstay, is a late check in considered an overstay or is the 2000 baht a standard fine, whether you are one day late or ten? Has anybody else been late with their 90 day check in? If so, what did you have to pay?