'Speaker' Vans

udonguy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been many mornings i wanted to sit in the bushes and take out the "Beautiful Optical' speaker van. Its not just the volume, its the obnoxious voice that they use too.

I think im getting tired of Thailand now.

One of my few great dislikes with our city.

I do somewhat follow your thinking KRS1.

Some thoughts I've had

Arnold got back and stepped out in front of one of these speaker trucks with that sawed off grenade launcher and blows the speakers off the truck.

Hiding in a taller building somewhere when these trucks come by and have some type of laser that can burn out all the electronics on the speaker trucks.... just fry them.

....and even if you speak Thai and can't understand one truck, what about when they run 3 and 4 in a row ...... no one can possibly understand anything at all

Yes its noise pollution but lets face it ..... somebody in a big seat is making money out of it.

While we are at it ...... would also like to laser all the yabos who have got to put the biggest speakers with the blasting base in their vehicles..... then have to lower the windows so you can hear/feel itheir most wonderful music, a block away....Maybe they lower the windows because it hurts their ears with the windows closed.

One of my few great dislikes with our city.

I do somewhat follow your thinking KRS1.

Some thoughts I've had

Arnold got back and stepped out in front of one of these speaker trucks with that sawed off grenade launcher and blows the speakers off the truck.

Hiding in a taller building somewhere when these trucks come by and have some type of laser that can burn out all the electronics on the speaker trucks.... just fry them.

....and even if you speak Thai and can't understand one truck, what about when they run 3 and 4 in a row ...... no one can possibly understand anything at all

Yes its noise pollution but lets face it ..... somebody in a big seat is making money out of it.

While we are at it ...... would also like to laser all the yabos who have got to put the biggest speakers with the blasting base in their vehicles..... then have to lower the windows so you can hear/feel itheir most wonderful music, a block away....Maybe they lower the windows because it hurts their ears with the windows closed.

The cars/trucks with subwoofers in them lower the windows down because its louder do to an uncompressed cabin and the propagation of wavelength with low power in relation to the acoustical airstring within the cabin

in other words its louder with the windows down.

Hate them beyond belief. I walk a lot. Nothing like strolling along a relatively quiet neighbourhood and one (or more) of these guys comes blasting along. Sooner or later I think I might end up in a dust up with one (or more) of them since I tend to lean in and suggest they <deleted>!

Hate them beyond belief. I walk a lot. Nothing like strolling along a relatively quiet neighbourhood and one (or more) of these guys comes blasting along. Sooner or later I think I might end up in a dust up with one (or more) of them since I tend to lean in and suggest they <deleted>!

Just pay them more money than their employer did.

I thought they were a part of the ambiance of Thailand.

Takes me back to when I was growing up in the states.

The only truck noise makers I heard when I grew up in Canada was the Ice Cream truck...I can almost hear the little ditty it played...hmmm....ice cream...clap2.gif .

I had a pretty bad chest infection over xmas, and was desperate to get to a pharmacy for some medication, but was continually foiled by the rain. One day during a break in the rain I decided to make a run for it, only to get stuck behind a slow moving speaker-truck. Never in my life have I been so close to committing murder.

All I could think was Radiohead's line "When I am king you will be first against the wall"...

Or, hire one of them to park outside the advertiser's place of business for a few hours...

This probably won't work if the advertiser is Thai, though, as he/she would possess that uncanny Thai ability to not hear sounds that would drive your regular farang crazy (such as songs on continual repeat at Global House).

In general i think Thai people have different hearing abilities. I think they have some inner ear volume control mechanism or the ability to mute or reduce the volume of undesirable sounds. Im not kidding either!

Ive gone to food fairs etc, and upon arrive have had to turn heel and promptly walk back out due to the speaker volume. Yet, sitting happily munching food and chatting are whole thai families, with speaker vibrations practically bumping their food off the table.

I look at them in awe and wonder..

• Like 2

In general i think Thai people have different hearing abilities. I think they have some inner ear volume control mechanism or the ability to mute or reduce the volume of undesirable sounds. Im not kidding either!

Ive gone to food fairs etc, and upon arrive have had to turn heel and promptly walk back out due to the speaker volume. Yet, sitting happily munching food and chatting are whole thai families, with speaker vibrations practically bumping their food off the table.

I have to laugh and agree at the same time. Speaking as someone who is somewhat deaf I am amazed at how a Thai can ride through noisy traffic and talk on a cel-phone at the same time.

I think we are all in agreement with those idiotic trucks and their speakers blaring irritating noise.... while blocking traffic at the same time.

It's not their ears.. It's what is between them ... or lack of...

A farang, undoubtedly, commissioned by the Thai owner of the boxing!

Think yourselves lucky - here on Samui they have innumerable speaker-vans and speaker-boats going up and down Chaweng foreshore!

it's not quite 'in awe and wonder' I look at them to be frank it's mostly in 'how can they be so selfish' because many Thais do not like it either but it's 'everyone for themselves' here

• Like 1

There's been many mornings i wanted to sit in the bushes and take out the "Beautiful Optical' speaker van. Its not just the volume, its the obnoxious voice that they use too.

I think im getting tired of Thailand now.

me also,after 10yrs there beginning to grate on me.

At least the most annoying one will stop shortly - I had convinced myself that it was happy-clappy types, but my husband saw the truck last week and told ls me it's to do with the election, so it'll be over next week. It starts at 8am, it's woken me a couple of times. So annoying and happy-sounding music, I thought it had to be religion. The kick boxing one is the worst though. Extra loud and really horrible.

At last a post i agree with.

It's not exactly a big deal, transient noise for 3 minutes........

The volume isnt what bothers me, its the obnoxious voice that they use at 8 in the morning. " waan waan wann , waaan bootifuuuuuuuul"

Get me a slingshot.

Edited by KRS1

what puzzles me is WHY do they always go around in pairs, literally one behind the other.

and then you see them parked up..together

if i was paying for 2 cars to go around the city with my advert, i would want them going in opposite directions to cover more "ears" seems like the advertsier is being ripped off.

but some accasionally have good tunes to "swing yer pants" to and some if youre lucky have 3 or 4 hot and sexy young ladies on....now they are worth watching

A farang, undoubtedly, commissioned by the Thai owner of the boxing!

Think yourselves lucky - here on Samui they have innumerable speaker-vans and speaker-boats going up and down Chaweng foreshore!

I've been on Samui about 3 years ago and...man,this sound is still ringing in my ears..."tomorrow night...tomorrow night...tomorrow night...tomorrow night...tomorrow night.....tomorrow night"......and on,and on,and on....something that can drive anybody insane crazy.gif

I was in samui once and one of those trucks parked behind my bungalow behind a wall blaring away. After 5 minutes he didnt move so i looked over the fence and he was in the truck smoking yabaa, oblivious to his surroundings and not realizing the speakers were on full blast. :)

yep, getting tired of thailand.

The volume isnt what bothers me, its the obnoxious voice that they use at 8 in the morning. " waan waan wann , waaan bootifuuuuuuuul"

Get me a slingshot.

Try the Night Bazaar I have seen many there.