Accomodation Forum Loses Integrity With Such Posts

Attn: Moderators

I'm not a active poster here, neither have time to post here much

Often i log to thaivisa accommodation forum, despite having seen

below thread many time, still i don't understand why it's poped up

on the list of threads

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44878

Let alone what me or other members thinking, What paying sponsors

would say, seeing it has attracted more than 3994 veiws and 54 post?

I think this thread shold be removed from this section of forum, i

have added a poll also

Edited by penzman

Attn: Moderators

I'm not a active poster here, neither have time to post here much

Often i log to thaivisa accommodation forum, despite having seen

below thread many time, still i don't understand why it's poped up

on the list of threads

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44878

Let alone what me or other members thinking, What paying sponsors

would say, seeing it has attracted more than 3994 veiws and 54 post?

I think this thread shold be removed from this section of forum, i

have added a poll also

One man’s rubbish is another mans gold, just as every ‘standard’ can be measured above or below another in comparison. It really does depend on a whole range of factors.

Referring to the Poll question: Should Thaivisa accommodation set standard and price limits for Apts requirement?

I would reply to that with Absolutely Not! Here are my thoughts on the issue:

Some people’s considered paradise home, or cosy habitat, is judged as a slum by other folk’s standards, which is both judgemental and unfair.

This is an accommodation finding forum so why should it exclude individuals, couples, or young families, who opt to live in cheap, or bog basic accommodation types for whatever reasons.

I’m not sure what the Thai standard is that the poster sets but perhaps I can assume he means any block asking less than 5,000 THB/Mo. for rent?

During my years in Thailand I’ve stayed in one place as cheap as 3,500 THB/Mo and as expensive 50,000 THB/Mo. plus a few places in between the 2 prices. In every case my home was my home and was always immaculate, well maintained and certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

Everyone should have a right to find a home or seek help and advice from others on this forum in their search for a residence that’s suited to their needs.

Well, that’s my take on the issue for what it’s worth and hey! who knows, perhaps this is the new controversial post that’ll spice up the forum if nothing else. Then again, perhaps that was the purpose of creating it in the first place?

Aitch

I like to indicate some points here:

-I doubth a guy who spends 2,000 baht/month gonna spend more than

10,000 baht all in expense monthly, what Thailand gain from such indivituals?:D

-Some of these indivituals i know even owe thailand for using it's air oxygen.

Believe it or not they stay at GF apartment for every while, and change to

next GF apartment, if things not work out with ex-GF :D

-What is the point leaving abroad with such misery? You call this one own

paradise? :D

-Reason i suggested seting a limit is because, it's realy very hard to find

any liveable places under 2,500 Baht/month. Yes, you get used to living

worst conditions. Most unfurnished places but little spacious and liveable

are not under 5,000Baht? :D

-Imagine what you GF will think once you bring here to your place? she

might not say anything, but assumes you must be some kinda pro toilet

cleaner back in your country :o

Moderator:

Please do yourself a favour and have some values for this forum, I will

not post again in this thread, no matter what anyone says

Thank you

I think it’s important to note that from time to time some people might just find themselves in unfortunate positions financially for whatever reason(s).

They may just need (as opposed to want) a roof over their head while getting things straightened out financially or while arranging for funds to be transferred so they can make their way back to their home countries.

There may also be those that are here on a temporary basis and couldn’t give a dam where they stay so long as it’s cheap, clean, and dry.

Then there are those who simply don’t feel the need to spend over a certain amount on accommodation and are happy that Thailand offers low priced apartments leaving them more cash to spend on other pursuits.

Whoever these people are looking for inexpensive places to stay, let’s help them by keeping the forum doors open for everyone and not turn it into some kind of exclusive place for expats with a few quid!

One of the main objectives of this forum in particular was to be an accommodation finding forum for everyone. Where else is there? Try going into an Estate Agents or letting agency and see how helpful they are when you tell them you’re looking for a pad for under 5,000 THB/Mo.

Of course, no one has to read, or reply to any topics that they have no interest in, so there’s no reason why such posts should annoy or antagonize anyone.

Aitch

-Some of these indivituals i know  even owe thailand for using it's air oxygen.

next GF apartment, if things not work out with ex-GF  :D

are not under 5,000Baht?  :D

cleaner back in your country  :o

Moderator:

Thank you

I totally agree with the OP, we should only allow multi-millionaires (in dollars, not baht) to post on Thaivisa.

Are you a snob Sir? Do you think you gain status/face by paying 30,000bt pm rent? My pad is more expensive than your pad so there!

For a few months I lived in a 2500bt pm 180 sqm, modern, detached, walled garden house on a small private estate 10km out of Lampang. Now I live in a 6000bt pm good sized, 2 story, modern town house in a quiet street in Pakkret.

I have no desire to pay 30,000bt pm for a condo in the centre of BKK, but, to each his own. People that look down on me for paying a paltry 6000bt pm rent don't impress me.

Leave the accomodation forum as it is, if someone wants help in finding a 100bt pm tent in someone's garden out in the sticks or the highest of high end places in in a swanky part of BKK then that's ok by me.

• 2 weeks later...

Moderator:

Thank you

Is he for real ? :D

Imagine what you GF will think once you bring here to your place? she

The unionized toilet bowl cleaners at the hospital down the street from me make the equivilant of 5500 baht a day. I doubt they'd be staying in some 1000 baht dive. :D

cv

The OP is definitely out to lunch.....

When I first came to Bangkok 6 yrs ago, I moved into a 15000 / month apartment. Stayed there for a year, and then moved to another 15000 / month apartment within walking distance of my office. After a year lease was finished in that apartment, I upgraded to a 23,000 / month apartment, and then to a 27000 / month apartment.

After coming to my senses and realizing how much I was putting in my landlord's pocket every year, I've bought a condo in a Thai style building. It is two "Thai style" one room apartments connected by a door. One side is the bed and bath, the other side is my living / kitchen / dining area.

I got a great deal as it belonged to a colleague of my GF who had gotten married and wanted to leave Bangkok with her new husband. I paid a sum roughly equal to two years of rent in the "falang" apartment for the condo.

Similar one room apartments in the building rent to Thai families for 3000 to 3500 per month. I'm the only farang in the building. That doesn't bother me one bit.

With a little bit of shopping and decorating, my place is clean and comfortable, and I'm not afraid to show it to anyone. My friends and colleagues (who live in expensive apartments) are impressed and instantly jealous when I tell them that my monthly cost is 600 baht for condo fee, plus utilities as used.

I'm pleased as hel_l and wished I had downgraded sooner. As it is I have something that is increasing in value, and could be sold quickly easily and affordably to a Thai family if I ever want to leave.

I totally agree with the OP, we should only allow multi-millionaires (in dollars, not baht) to post on Thaivisa.

...and perhaps Thailand Elite cardholders as well? :D

And you need to own one of Thaksin jr's $30,000 cell phones. :o

Has he ever sold one?

cv

Nothing wrong with living in an apt for 2500 a month, if it's clean and well maintained all is ok.

This discussion, for me, has more to do with how the farang lives.

I have seen plenty of farangs that live like the dirtiest of pigs which filthy toilets, decomposing food and mouldy coffe cups lying around.

They have all had plenty of money, they were just scumbags.

Moderator:

Thank you

Is he for real ? :D

alien

I'll have to agree with the majority of the posters that this is a forum for finding accomodations and should provide a wide range of options to all readers. During my first stint in Thailand, I lived in a small wooden bungalow with no shower, no kitchen (just a hot plate) and no running water. The ceramic urn outside of my place was used to catch rain water during the monsoons. It had a bedroom and small eating area upstairs, and the tiled area under the bungalow had a drain for your "shower" water as you poured it over your head. Cold showers in the early morning hardly made for a luxurious lifestyle. That year was the best year of my life!

Since then, I have lived in numerous places and owned half a dozen houses. My 5 bdr 3,000 sq ft home in Phoenix, AZ now is more room than I need. It is up for sale, and I am getting ready to relocate to Thailand to retire at 55.

I've learned that your home and your lifestyle are really not as important as your state of mind and interest in other things. I'm certain that I won't end up in a two room bungalow when I return to Thailand...but I am also aware that the only real square footage I will see is at the movie theater. A large home in Thailand is not required.

I hope each of you find what you are looking for and meet your needs. I am looking online all of the time now in preparation for the move, and have been pleased with much of what I have seen. When you compare it to my first Thai bungalow, everything looks like the Taj Mahal.

Enjoy...and Peace.

Gary