Help! Silky Needs A Home!

Linisha

Hi everybody,

So happy to see there are people in Bangkok caring for animals! :o (well I did know of Soi Dog Rescue, that I try to fundraise money for, but otherwise I have been seaching in vane)

I am giving one more try to search for a home for Silky, my adopted soi dog that is now living in a small cage at an animal hospital. Silky is not a cute puppy. She is about 6 years old, medium/big size and she has had a rough life. But Silky has a beautiful, loving and loyal heart and would be a wonderful friend and companion.

I found Silky last time I was in Thailand (in July). Then she was sick and starving so I took her to a vet hospital. She has been treated for parasites and infections and is now doing fine.

I live in Sweden and can't take Silky here so I have to find her a home in Bangkok. I will go to Bangkok (and maybe Chiang Mai) in January and if needed I can bring Silky to another place in thailand, if just somebody is willing to give her a home.

As mentioned Silky is now fully treated at the hospital and she is so unhappy living in a small cage. I think she will die of broken heart if she has to keep living like that! The one thing I want is to give Silky a home where she can live her last years in a good way. She has her own brand new dog house. It would be wonderful for her if she could live in somebodys garden. Of course I will pay all costs for Silky, veterinary treatment, food etc. Just so happy if I could find a home for this wonderful and personal dog!

If any of you would be willing to give Silky a home, please mail me! Thanks!

/Linisha

post-23960-1135112784_thumb.jpg

c'mon sbk, 5 is not enough - i got 26 :o

wish i could too  :D

but sometimes not easy for an older dog to integrate well into the pack, esp. as mine live in an enclosed garden and in the house.

Thanks Elfe and sbk! Both of you are doing more than your share. Wow, that there is people like you around! Silky is so fond of people but doesn't really enjoy other dogs. But living in a closed garden is just what I wish for her. I am really feeling desperate. Seems like I have not been doing her a favour... :D

But I still hope there will come a solution that gives her a chance!

Edited by Linisha

Thanks Elfe and sbk! Both of you are doing more than your share. Wow, that there is people like you around! Silky is so fond of people but doesn't really enjoy other dogs. But living in a closed garden is just what I wish for her. I am really feeling desperate. Seems like I have not been doing her a favour...  :o

But I still hope there will come a solution that gives her a chance!

i hope so too...

is she still staying at the pet hospital? the boarding must be quite expensive...

Why can't you take her to Sweden? Do you not have a place for her to stay there? It is possible to bring dogs out of Thailand, if you could find a place for her you could bring her back with you next time you go to Sweden. then you'd be sure. Expensive but a possible solution, anyway.

Why can't you take her to Sweden? Do you not have a place for her to stay there?  It is possible to bring dogs out of Thailand, if you could find a place for her you could bring her back with you next time you go to Sweden. then you'd be sure. Expensive but a possible solution, anyway.

Well Silky is still at the hospital. The boarding is about 3000 per month. But I don't mind if she could just live a happy life.

Sweden is a rabies-free country so if a dog from Thailand is brought in the dog would have to stay in quarantine for 6 months. This cost about 200 000 baht I think, so it is really a LOT of money. Also Silky is an older dog, I don't really think she could handle the 13 hour trip, and not our very cold weather either. So, I think the only option is to find a home in Thailand. Unfortunately! :o

• 2 weeks later...
Why can't you take her to Sweden? Do you not have a place for her to stay there?  It is possible to bring dogs out of Thailand, if you could find a place for her you could bring her back with you next time you go to Sweden. then you'd be sure. Expensive but a possible solution, anyway.

Well Silky is still at the hospital. The boarding is about 3000 per month. But I don't mind if she could just live a happy life.

Sweden is a rabies-free country so if a dog from Thailand is brought in the dog would have to stay in quarantine for 6 months. This cost about 200 000 baht I think, so it is really a LOT of money. Also Silky is an older dog, I don't really think she could handle the 13 hour trip, and not our very cold weather either. So, I think the only option is to find a home in Thailand. Unfortunately! :o

Is she good with kids.

My son loves dogs, but he can be rough because the dog we had in new zealand let him .

We have a big garden here , grass and fully fenced.

i realy wanted a pure breed, but i feel sad for all the street dogs, we had one before but it went missing, i think some one ran him over...he wasnt the smartest dog ever.

Is she good with kids.

My son loves dogs, but he can be rough because the dog we had in new zealand let him .

We have a big garden here , grass and fully fenced.

i realy wanted a pure breed, but i feel sad for all the street dogs, we had one before but it went missing, i think some one ran him over...he wasnt the smartest dog ever.

I have been thinking about silky all night, if she is good with kids i will be happy to have her at our house, i can send pictures of our house if you like , so you can see she will be nice and comfortable.

Thanks for caring to all!

I am in Bangkok now, and tomorrow I will visit Shadowy. I really hope this will mean that Silky gets a home! I talked to the animal hospital and it really is bad for her to live in a cage. She even started to get some trouble with her legs because of that. I think they can be quite rough getting her back into the cage after her 2 minutes "walking" every day. The vet said that she now seemed to have some pain in her front leg and suspected it was from the handling when she does not want to get back inte the cage. :D Well, I hope she might see the end of that tomorrow! :o

and how was it? does silky have a new home??

I visited Silky's new home on Thursday and couldn't believe her (our) luck. It is the most fantastic home in the world, with a wonderful caring and sweet family. The day after I visited, Silky was sent by "pick-up service" :o, to her new home. And today I received some pics...

I am so happy. This has been on my mind for more than 5 months. I just can't believe that there are such nice people! And the enviroment is great. Silky has a big big grassy lawn to be in!

I hear that Silky is enjoying her new life very much. She is old and worn, but was rolling on the grass as a puppy, making howling sounds. It's so moving! She has met the houlse Cat, who was astonished at first, but then realized that Silky (who doesn't walk very fast) was not much of a threat.

I will go and visit Silky in the end of next week. Will write about it.

silky.bmp

hi linisha, am so happy to read the good news! :D

seems like a happy ending for silky. I wished there were more people like silky's new owners

here in thailand. but thaivisa made it possible :D

good luck for silky and looking forward to your report next week :o

• 2 weeks later...
hi linisha, am so happy to read the good news! :D

seems like a happy ending for silky. I wished there were more people like silky's new owners

here in thailand. but thaivisa made it possible :D

good luck for silky and looking forward to your report next week :o

Hi,

Busy trip this so haven't had the time to write before now. I visited Silky and she is doing fine. New owners are so great, not minding Silky being old and worn! The family cat is playing with Silky's tail and I think they will be friends eventually. Silky is not doing much, mostly lying down since she is a bit stiff when walking. But she seems happy and her tail is wagging almost all the time. I guess she is SO happy to be out of that cage at the hospital. :D She is coughing a bit though, and this is probably because she has weak lungs after having heartwom for such a long time. Got some pills from the vet that might ease the coughing.

Yes, I really wish there were more people like Silky's new family. Especially since I am now (distance) caring for a adorable dog in Pattaya, Chapman. Saw him at the beach road and couldn't help but intervening. He had hardly no fur and was scratching himself all the time. Mange of course. I got a vet to come and give him injection. At first the dog was afraid and running but when I talked to him he suddenly came to me and put his poor head in my lap. He looked miserable with big wounds on his ears from scratching. The vet was scared of big dogs so I had to hold hapman during the long and painful injection. Not so fun. After a week I went back and helped so he could get the second injection. Happy to see him alrady loooking much better with new fur coming. It felt not so good though to leave him there. he has such sad eyes. So I am hoping that Thaivisa will work miracles again! Tomorrow I will put in a text about him with a photo. He is not all and I think he is very cute when he has fur. And he is so sweet! I have a friend in Pattaya that has promised to give him the pill he need once a week, for the mange. But of course he needs more caring than that. He is terribly skinny, though I heard from the people at the beach that he has put on weight since he came there 6 months ago. Then he was so weak so he couldn't walk. The foreigners fed him and he got stronger. The Thais says that now he is pompoi" but you can count every rib just by looking at him.

Thank God for Thaivisa! I had almost given up hope about Silky, and then just before I leave for Thailand I get that mail! :D