4 Bulgarians And 1 German Involved In Atm Fraud, Arrested By Pattaya Police

Rimmer

5 Bulgarians nabbed for fake ATM card withdrawals

image_201204061709458721918D-03AA-2BB2-A1C018F51B6BA056.jpg

CHONBURI, April 7 - Five Bulgarians were arrested for using counterfeit credit cards to withdraw money from Thai banks’ automatic teller machines (ATMs), according to the provincial office of the Thailand Transnational Crime Coordination Centre.

The five-person gang consisted of three men and two women--Stefan Nikolaev Savovski, 38; Iliyan Alek Sandrov Ininski, 37; Plamen Ivanov Hlebarov, 21; Diana Dianova Dimitrova, 21, and Gergana Hristova Krekmanova, 28.

Mr Savovski was arrested as he was withdrawing cash from a Siam Commercial Bank machine in Pattaya. The rest of the gang was apprehended after being identified by him.

Thirty-three counterfeit credit cards were seized.

Police said the suspects confessed the money was transferred to Bulgaria via Western Union. They received 10 per cent of the total withdrawn from the ATM machines.

Mr Savovski said the gang was hired by a group of Bulgarians in their home country who stole real data on the credit cards and made up fake cards for the scam.

Chonburi police chief Pol Maj-Gen Jamnong Rattanakul said the gang's behaviour has given a bad image to Pattaya City, as one of Thailand's main tourist destinations.

He said immigration police will coordinate for a stricter screening of such criminal elements from entering the country in future. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-04-07

I wonder who the farang is standing with the Police.

Good question...

In Norway they already filled up the jails with east europeans. It`s full there and than the norwegian government gives tickets for free, just to leave the country.

And come back (to Morway) on the next available ship, with a German passport.

'Morway'? You should have done it 'Myway'giggle.gif

I was approcahed by farang with French (I guess) accent in Patong last week while withdrawing money from ATM. He insisted on "helping" me. When I started to walk away he said I had not finished my transaction and waved a 1000 baht note he claimed was in the slot. He wanted me to reinsert my card. I thought about it. I had my card, the correct amount I had withdrawn and my receipt so told him to F*** off. Then went to my bank in Jong Ceylon and cancelled card. Tried to alert staff and both ATM and my bank but nobody wanted to know.

And as an added bonus they get an extended stay in the Bangkok Hilton courtesy of the Thai Government - looks like a win win situation to me! Holiday - money - plus an extended stayviolin.gif

I wonder what the daily cost for the Thai government (Thai People) is to keep one criminal in prison? And how many foreigners are in gaol here? Any stats available?

• Like 1

Britain slowly becomes less attractive as the quality of life goes down the hill over there.

Why do so many on this site take every opportunity to have a go at Britain. It is quite tiresome an usually off topic.

• Like 1

"Chonburi police chief Pol Maj-Gen Jamnong Rattanakul said the gang's behaviour has given a bad image to Pattaya City, as one of Thailand's main tourist destinations."

I am glad that Police Major General Rattanakul was able to hit the nail on the head with that statement. clap2.gifgiggle.gif

Given or maintained?

And as an added bonus they get an extended stay in the Bangkok Hilton courtesy of the Thai Government - looks like a win win situation to me! Holiday - money - plus an extended stayviolin.gif

I wonder what the daily cost for the Thai government (Thai People) is to keep one criminal in prison? And how many foreigners are in gaol here? Any stats available?

Can't factor in the cost of the real estate, that is already in place whether occupied or not. So, that leaves food. Hmm, could be as much as 50 baht per day. Oh yeah, and the cost of the soap.

Who was that idiot to invite a scam nation like Bulgaria to becomer an EU-member anyway?

I'm looking forward for the warm welcome for scam artists from Albania...

Why not? The EU is a construct to make the banksters rich. Not to bring improvements for the population.

I was approcahed by farang with French (I guess) accent in Patong last week while withdrawing money from ATM. He insisted on "helping" me. When I started to walk away he said I had not finished my transaction and waved a 1000 baht note he claimed was in the slot. He wanted me to reinsert my card. I thought about it. I had my card, the correct amount I had withdrawn and my receipt so told him to F*** off. Then went to my bank in Jong Ceylon and cancelled card. Tried to alert staff and both ATM and my bank but nobody wanted to know.

Too much paperwork and it would mean having to put on real shoes and step away from primping in their desk mirrors. Besides, banks welcome fraud. It justifies the fees necessary to protect account holders.

Do they still have to report to immigration every ninety days? rolleyes.gif

now this seems to bw happening on a regular basis

point 1 how did police find out

point 2 how long have they been doing it

point 3 how much did they get

point 4 how many others are doing it

and a simple message

if you use your atm card in pattaya

expect to be skimmed and scammed

Well done to the BIB in Pattaya but what prompted them to stop and search 5 people at an ATM? Was it in pattaya or Naklua?Outside a 7-11 store would hardly rouse any suspicion.Maybe there was a tip off.

"Chonburi police chief Pol Maj-Gen Jamnong Rattanakul said the gang's behaviour has given a bad image to Pattaya City, as one of Thailand's main tourist destinations."

I am glad that Police Major General Rattanakul was able to hit the nail on the head with that statement. clap2.gifgiggle.gif

Ah yes, it's the ATM gang that has ruined Pattaya's image.

I want some of whatever that bozo is smoking.

I read an article about using your ATM card when traveling. It suggested not to use your card at an ATM that was not at a bank, even if it was an official bank ATM. They also suggested using your ATM card during banking hours when the branch was open. If the machine 'eats' your card, you can go into the bank and talk with them. If you use the ATM at a 7-11 or other places, if you have problems, such as being shorted on your withdrawal or card eaten, there is nothing they can do as the machine does not belong to them. ATM scammers don't usually target an ATM that is in front of a bank, especially during banking hours. Banks also have several security cameras and a guard as well.

I have followed this advice in my travels in the 3rd world and never been a victim or, even approached. I always keep a reserve of cash on hand just so I don't have to use the ATM at night or weekends if I run short.

Now, if only those Australians with the scratch off cards trying to sell condos would disappear.....

• Like 1

Real scum bags. Hope thy rot for a long time. Banks vey rarely give us back the money. We gave them the number is what they always say. I do not know who is worse, these Bulgarians or banks. Well I do, I would lock up all bankies and start again.

That's a well published scam in Patong currently, there have been several threads on the subject recently and one of the Mods lost 50k as a result.

5 Bulgarians nabbed for fake ATM card withdrawals

image_201204061709458721918D-03AA-2BB2-A1C018F51B6BA056.jpg

CHONBURI, April 7 - Five Bulgarians were arrested for using counterfeit credit cards to withdraw money from Thai banks’ automatic teller machines (ATMs), according to the provincial office of the Thailand Transnational Crime Coordination Centre.

The five-person gang consisted of three men and two women--Stefan Nikolaev Savovski, 38; Iliyan Alek Sandrov Ininski, 37; Plamen Ivanov Hlebarov, 21; Diana Dianova Dimitrova, 21, and Gergana Hristova Krekmanova, 28.

Mr Savovski was arrested as he was withdrawing cash from a Siam Commercial Bank machine in Pattaya. The rest of the gang was apprehended after being identified by him.

Thirty-three counterfeit credit cards were seized.

Police said the suspects confessed the money was transferred to Bulgaria via Western Union. They received 10 per cent of the total withdrawn from the ATM machines.

Mr Savovski said the gang was hired by a group of Bulgarians in their home country who stole real data on the credit cards and made up fake cards for the scam.

Chonburi police chief Pol Maj-Gen Jamnong Rattanakul said the gang's behaviour has given a bad image to Pattaya City, as one of Thailand's main tourist destinations.

He said immigration police will coordinate for a stricter screening of such criminal elements from entering the country in future. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-04-07

I wonder who the farang is standing with the Police.

I wondered the same when I first saw the photo.