Visa Run

Next Sept or there abouts I will be coming over for a test run of 5 months.

I will have a 1 year multi entry visa. If I understand right after 90 days I will

have to make a visa run. For someone who has never done this is there a

place that I can go who will take me ? And how much will this cost total ?

Should I go a few days ahead of time ?

Thanks ,

whittler

The place to go depends on your location in Thailand. As all you have to do is enter another country and return it can be at a number of locations. From major tourist centers there is often organized groups that can be used. From Bangkok they average a cost of 2,000 baht and a days time.

Pattaya dead easy.............there are many organised trips to the border they are all much of a muchness.

I can recommend "Five Star Visa Runs" you can book them out of The Sportsman in Soi 13 (next to Soi Yamoto) halfway down on the left.

They charge you 2400 baht for a minibus (6 pax max) run to the border they go to Pong Nam Ron border post its a lot quieter than the normal runs up to Aranyaprathet..........even so your looking at 9 hours approx there and back.

The 2400 includes Cambo visa fee and breakfast in the Sportsman before leaving and a packed lunch on the way back.

As i say there are many others though.

(Ive nothing to do with Five Star by the way.)

Edit..........should add there are coach (not minibus) runs to Aranyprathet for 2000 baht same inclusions..............be warned though Aranyaprathet or more specifically the border post itself is the armpit of the world. :o

Also you/ll need to have 20k baht on you just incase your asked to show that you can support yourself when you re-enter Thailand..........your not always asked but better to be safe than sorry. No reason you cant go on the day your first 90 day stay is up, but i normally go the day before.

Cash requirement rule here........

http://www.imm3.police.go.th/index.php

Edited by thaiflyer1