Immagration In Central Plaza Chaingrai

Thomaspaul

• 1 month later...

Since this is the most recent incarnation of this topic, just a little reminder that tomorrow is the first saturday of June. Just so happens that I will be taking advantage of the immigration services at Central Plaza tomorrow, how about you? Just a friendly reminder for those who may have forgotten that it is a new month already.tongue.pngwink.png

Since this is the most recent incarnation of this topic, just a little reminder that tomorrow is the first saturday of June. Just so happens that I will be taking advantage of the immigration services at Central Plaza tomorrow, how about you? Just a friendly reminder for those who may have forgotten that it is a new month already.tongue.pngwink.png

Will be there for a 90 day

I might drop down anyway, strange rumours of iPad3 on sale in some stores.

Saw a sign earlier saying ipad3 is only 9,990 baht from June 2-4 at Thaweeyont, think that is the one in town near Doi Chaang, CR Mall? Too good to be true?!

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

it is on the front page of their website

Saw a sign earlier saying ipad3 is only 9,990 baht from June 2-4 at Thaweeyont, think that is the one in town near Doi Chaang, CR Mall? Too good to be true?!

Which is less than half price of what they are currently selling for, something is rotten in Denmark!

Yeah, that's the big shop on the opposite corner from Doi chaang.

Which is less than half price of what they are currently selling for, something is rotten in Denmark!

I suspect they will not have many at the price

That's a bargain. I'd like to hear from anyone who bought one, spec etc.. maybe you could post on the other couple of Tablet/Ipad threads on here and leave this thread just for immigration seeing how important this subject is to us all . I mean Immigration not IPAD's whistling.gif

The Mall was noisy and packed with kids today. Not my cup of tea. The immigration gang were helpful as always. Heard that somebody got hit up for 20,000 baht for overstay, or not doing the 90 report, not sure which. I didn’t ask for specifics.

They pretty much hold your hand and walk you through the process no matter what you need. I found it painless and quick with time for a nice little chat. My wife found a friendly face to visit with while I was doing the paperwork.thumbsup.gif

ROFL!

I’ve heard there is a 50% reduction on the cost of 90 day reports. Any truth to the rumor?whistling.gif

ROFL!

I’ve heard there is a 50% reduction on the cost of 90 day reports. Any truth to the rumor?whistling.gif

75% it is a Central Special Sale.

I appreciate the Thai Immigrations Office's making the effort to reach out to us by holding this once a month gig at Central. I hope someone from the Immigrations office reads this so they are encouraged to keep this service going for OUR benefit.

The reason for the massive turnout at Central yesterday (2nd of June) was Doraemon! Had to go around the Central twice to finally find a spot to park the car. Would have taken the motorbike but weather and things to carry did not make that a viable alternative.

ROFL!

What is the cost of 90 day reporting?

0 baht.....with 75% Central One Day Sale discount the total is ,,,,, 0 baht,

That means the cost is about 4,000 Baht if I take the GF. Luckily my timing will only let me go to Mai Sai it will only cost 2000 baht

If it only costs 4000 Baht to take your girlfriend to Central Plaza, consider yourself a lucky guy.thumbsup.giflaugh.png

What kind of visa service Immigration at Central Plaza offer? I will be going back to CR for good this time on entry visa (30 days). I live far from nearest Thai consulate and just not convenient to apply it here. Can I change this to Non-O at the plaza?

What kind of visa service Immigration at Central Plaza offer? I will be going back to CR for good this time on entry visa (30 days). I live far from nearest Thai consulate and just not convenient to apply it here. Can I change this to Non-O at the plaza?

I would contact Chiang Rai Immigration directly for definitive answers to your questions. Since they only come to Central Plaza on the first Saturday of each month, I would not count on using that venue as your only contact point with them.

I could be wrong but my guess would be that a Non-O can only be obtained out of country. Remember, your convenience is not their main concern. The rules come first.

I would contact Chiang Rai Immigration directly for definitive answers to your questions. Since they only come to Central Plaza on the first Saturday of each month, I would not count on using that venue as your only contact point with them.

I could be wrong but my guess would be that a Non-O can only be obtained out of country. Remember, your convenience is not their main concern. The rules come first.

I just noticed that you are already getting advice from the forum experts over in the visa section. That is a good place to start but you still might need to talk with Chiang Rai Immigration located at Mae Sai.

I have been getting various difference of opinion/info regarding Non-O. But majority seems to advice that I can transfer 30 day to Non-O in Thailand. Just need to make two trips to the office instead of one. Yes I understand the inconvenience is not Imm problem and not asking for special treatment. Just trying to get as much info as I can. My main objective is to deposit enough fund to apply for Non-O and move on from there..

I agree with Villagefarang. Ring the office first. On my first visit to Immigration in Mae Sai I found them very helpful. Always remember that every Immigration office is a little bit different to the others. Ringing may save you money.

• Like 1