Re: Darling Wine Bar

SDH

A while back I asked for info on the darling Wine Bar that was mentioned in one of the local rags......Anyway I had the chance to go for myself.

So it's a very clean place with a mixture of all patrons which makes it kind of interesting to say the least. The wine selection is excellent and in my infinite wisdom I just had to try their one selection of Thailands red wine (can't remeber the name and don't want to) well I can assure you that it stank so don't try this....Otherwise they seem to have everything selection wise in spirits and the Swiss guy who owns it is friendly as are his staff. Only downfall is it aint cheap, so bring your baht. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if you're aware that Kn Deang of Darling Wine bar died last week, he had a stroke and was 51 years old. Lucas is managing the bar as usual and as best as he can. I always enjoyed his crazy company, especially his determination of showing each and every one his sauzy pictures. He will be missed . . .

Don't know if you're aware that Kn Deang of Darling Wine bar died last week, he had a stroke and was 51 years old. Lucas is managing the bar as usual and as best as he can. I always enjoyed his crazy company, especially his determination of showing each and every one his sauzy pictures. He will be missed . . .

That's a bummer.......I'll have to go in when I get back from outta town and have a goodbye drink!! Send off.

Yeah real shame, he was well known by many.

As far as I know it was either a brain tumour or blood clot in the brain.

That was what my Thai neighbour who was really good friends with him told me.

Not sure what Lucas will do, Darling atmosphere certainly wont be the same.

RIP