Online International Grocery Stores?

glbv

Im looking to buy some food items from the USA but cant seem to find a single store that ships food internationally. Any recommendations? Looking for stuff like candies, poptarts, mixes, stuff like that.

• Like 1

Have you tried Ebay UK? They seem to be more adapt at international shipments (if they have the items you want). Most US firms that do ship charge extremely high postage rates (as a rip-off in my opinion) and just don't want to bother unless making a fortune.

Depending what you want you might try BritStore or British Corner Shop.They ship to Thailand by post and I would guess there would be products that you know of.

I've been using them for a few years now with no complaints.

I did find that quite a lot of promising sounding sites in USA, just didnt want to ship to thailand.,but last week I was surprised to find that Amazon could ship on some food items

both of those sites are good but looks like they ship in huge boxes, id prefer not paying tax+shipping for pop tarts and have them end up costing me 500b per little box. Amazon also auto adds vat to all shipments coming here.

I use Amazon.com from the U.S. regularly for ordering all kinds of food and drug store items...

But rather than having Amazon ship those directly at pretty high Fed-Ex and similar prices, I have Amazon ship them domestically to my mail forwarding account in the U.S., and they they send them to Thailand from there.

Often, the Amazon domestic shipping is free, so no extra charge there. And then from my mail forwarding service, Shipito,com, if you choose their budget airmail shipping, which usually takes several weeks to a month to arrive, the price per package is about a $4 handling charge and then postage of about $7 per pound shipped.

Also, when you use that airmail service, it's delivered to your door in Thailand by your regular Thai Post mailman without any import duties charged generally speaking. There are some size limits on the boxes that can be shipped that way, so smaller packages in LxHxW are the norm. I've done up to about 8 lbs in that fashion.

But I also carefully choose what I choose to ship. Somethings simply aren't available here in Thailand so there's no price comparison available. Sometimes there are similar but not the exact same things available here, or the prices here are extraordinarily high. In those cases, I figure the U.S. price comparison by adding in the $7 per pound shipping rate and see how it works out.

Obviously, it makes more sense to import things when the items are smaller and lighter, and less sense when they're larger/bulkier/heavier.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Often, the Amazon domestic shipping is free, so no extra charge there. And then from my mail forwarding service, Shipito,com, if you choose their budget airmail shipping, which usually takes several weeks to a month to arrive, the price per package is about a $4 handling charge and then postage of about $7 per pound shipped.

fyi, Shipito.com has recently changed their international Airmail carrier and increased their rates, though in doing so they've now included insurance -- but not tracking -- via their airmail route. The change also is supposed to mean quicker delivery times and larger size packages allowable via their airmail.

But on my first package under the new scheme, the per pound shipping price increased from $7 under the old plan to almost $8.50 per pound under their new plan.

https://www.expatexpress.com/Expat/

They are an American store that will Ship to Thailand.

That's an interesting site... and company apparently based in Utah...

Their item prices are sky-high... $15 U.S. for a single can of beans and $10 to $15 per item for a lot of other single food things...

But, according to their website, they have a flat fee of $15 for shipping and handling on orders up to $100, and guarantee that no additional customs/duties will be due from the customer beyond their purchase price.

But even if one did a multiple items single order with them, it seems as though the prices would be VERY high.

Not being funny, but have you considered the Philippines for grocery shopping? On my visits there I notices most of the american products in every shop that would be unique to the American palate.Pop over there, box up a load, send it back, job done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not being funny, but have you considered the Philippines for grocery shopping? On my visits there I notices most of the american products in every shop that would be unique to the American palate.Pop over there, box up a load, send it back, job done.

Best idea for American food, I get my spam and lots of other American foods when my wife or I or SIL go there but be careful purchase 25km in advance on your airline or it could cost you more than your ticket for excess baggage.

• 5 weeks later...

In the same boat, there's the American Food store next to Sheung Wan MRT station in Hong Kong.

Admittedly, they tend to be very big boxes. (I never knew Cereal Boxes came that size). And my daughters like fruit roll-ups, but the only size box they had was bigger than a regular box of Kellogs Corn Flakes, so they lost out...

• 5 months later...