Wrong Exit Date Stamped In Passport

I entered Thailand overland on Tuesday March 27 intending to stay until Tuesday April 10. According to my calculations, this was fine on a visa exempt entry. However, the stamp in my passport, while correctly stating my entry as March 27 marks me as admitted only until Monday April 9.

Am I correct in thinking that the computer will have me admitted until April 10 and that I can easily resolve this at the border on Tuesday ... or should I go out a day earlier than intended. Anyone have experience of this issue?

Edited by BritTim

The stamp in passport is the final judgment. If it is 9th, you have to leave by 9th.

There are quite a few cases when nationals of countries who are eligible for 30 days visa exempt received 15-days stamp, never checked it and had problems when leaving the country.

Good news is that one day overstay is not punished at all.

You cal also try passing the passport control before midnight if you flight is on early morning.

If I were you I would not worry leaving on 10th.

check.....check...and doublecheck!

casus 1

I leave Thailand to enter Laos...........no problem entering Laos

I leave Laos come at the Thai checkpoint and NO EXIT stamp Laos in all 3 Foreign passports.

They (Thai) send me back after 2 hours i finally got the stamps and could enter Thailand.

casus 2.

I need a NonO for my newborn babygirl

all fine and well...up untill the Thai consulate.......my babygirls passport is missing an entry stamp from Laos.

I had just over an hour to race back to the border in laos....got a speeding ticket but just in time made it the same day at the Thai consulate to get the non o the next day

casus 3.

I travel with my whole family by car to Laos.......got out of thailand.....and was refused entry in Laos because my passport was 1 week overdue for the 6 months necessary validation requirement in laos......overstressed...kids and family members.... I had to cancel all stamps in thailand....and laos

casus 4

on 2 occasions the entry stamp in my passport showed a Thai 15 day entry instead of the extension of stay.

2 months ago my wife had a month Thai entry stamp instead of her dependent extension.

all treu stories

Every time (many)my Lao wife goes to Laos.....she checks and I check.

note

NK-Vientiane crossing is extremely busy sometimes........and in all incidents i never had the feeling somebody deliberatly wanted to screw me.......

check...check....double check!

A very quick way to check, is to check the day of the week of your expiry. It should always be the same day you entered. You entered on a Tuesday so you should be admitted until Tuesday.

For a 30 day stamp your exit day should always be the day after you entered - eg arrive Sunday your admitted until should be a Monday.

If you are using the same border crossing it likely can easily be resolved as appears they had just not reset the stamp used from the previous day yet. But if a different border it can become an issue as that stamp is all important and at a land crossing it will be a 500 baht fine if not resolved.

• Like 1