25 And Thinking Of Looking To Thailand For A Wife.

jefisme03

Look in the local Yellow Pages and see if there are many Thai restuarants. Check to see if there is a large and active local Buddist Temple. See if you are capable of getting Thai TV channels installed. If these things look positive then perhaps your wife would be sort of happy in Tulsa. Probably you'd be better off getting a Pinoy for a wife.

Go vacation in Thailand a few times. If you like it, get a job with a US multinational and get yourself posted there. You can then take your time and find the right girl. At 25, you have lots of time. Or, look for one already in the US. If you just show up in TL and rush into something, you will likely regret it. No offense, but your comments and approach to this suggest you are not wise beyond your years. Sounds like your approach to finding a wife is the same as shopping for a car online. Again, no offense intended.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

• Like 1

Dear OP... I married a Thai girl when I was 25 and life is good... however I cannot offer you any advice (or anyone in your situation in case this is just a joke thread) as I do not know the girl you are planning to marry (and it seems neither do you)...

Probably you'd be better off getting a Pinoy for a wife.

This is actually a pretty good idea. I don't live too far from Oklahoma, and there are loads more Vietnamese and Pinay wives than there are Thai wives. And a side benefit is that there are plenty of Christian Viet ladies and Pinays (for other people reading this thread).

OP is gone, so probably a failed troll thread, however the OP never answered the questions of "Why Thai?".

Come to Thailand on regular holidays to sample the wares.

Don't get bitten on the arse and then come back for real in about 25 years when the house is paid for and you have cash in the bank.

You will have no trouble finding a wife.

It's spelled "whores".

• Like 1

Go on holiday to start with

then if you feel like a change of scene for longer, find a job here. Media is the best bet, are reasonable jobs out there and loads of functions attended by lots of nice well educated elegant ladies who are not adverse to a presentable foreign bloke on their arm. Know a number of middle class single ladies who simply dont like or trust Thai men, my wife was one of those. Sounds like a lot of work but in some ways its probably the best chance of finding somebody worth the trouble for a serious relationship

Otherwise personally I wouldnt bother. Its a bit of a jungle out there and over here that jungle can be massive, impenetrable, unyielding and full of dangerous creatures. There are lost temples with treasure in there somewhere but many people look for them, precious few find them, and even for those that do find it, it takes a lot of searching sometimes if you arent prepared

yours sincerely, Indiana Jones ;-)

Come to Thailand on regular holidays to sample the wares.

Don't get bitten on the arse and then come back for real in about 25 years when the house is paid for and you have cash in the bank.

You will have no trouble finding a wife.

It's spelled "whores".

I knew the subtlety of my post would not be lost on you, whybother.

I initially came here at age 25 just looking for some bargirls. Eventually I found a reasonably decent Thai wife a few years later and now I live here with her. She is slender, feminine, and not too financially demanding. Can't find that combination in American women these days sadly.

If you want to bring a Thai lady to the states that is fine. But you have got to realize that America is not as appealing as it used to be. Thais do not dream about moving to America. They'd rather stay in their own country(it's quite nice here to be honest!). Personally I live here with my Thai wife and I don't think she'd want to move to America.

Realistically, she may not be that happy since America is a pretty dull and boring place unlike Thailand. If you need an Asian lady who will be happy anywhere I'd suggest Philippine ladies as they are truly desperate to leave their country. They like all things American.

Realistically, she may not be that happy since America is a pretty dull and boring place unlike Thailand. If you need an Asian lady who will be happy anywhere I'd suggest Philippine ladies as they are truly desperate to leave their country. They like all things American.

Agree. And Filipino ladies may actually speak some English. Still not clear why the OP feels a need to find a Thai wife. I'd bet he knows zilch about the Thai culture or language. Is it that difficult at 25 to find a decent American woman nowadays? Was pretty darn easy for me at that age.

Is it that difficult at 25 to find a decent American woman nowadays? Was pretty darn easy for me at that age.

Yes it is.

Honestly though, in the part of the US where the OP and I live there are more males than females. The females that hang around these parts are either married or unattractive(fat)/single. The few attractive single girls are either bat-shit crazy or spoiled bitches enjoying the wealth of single meat eating guys. But the liberal democrats are moving in and there are some cute super-lib girls that are single, but then you have to deal with all that liberal shit.

The attractive single girls live in the big cities like New York, Chicago, Dallas and out in Cali. And then with those girls, a lot of them are spoiled bitches. Feminism ruined the ladies in the USA.

EDIT: all my opinion, of course.

Edited by IsaanUSA

I forgot to mention that Facebook has also had a negative effect on young people and dating/relationships. Suddenly your face is showing up in other people's photos, women are generally jealous things and then fighting ensues. I think for teenagers it's not such a problem because they've always had Facebook. But for people in their 30's and older, it's much harder because we are not used to having our personal photos, personal thoughts and relationships blasted onto the internet for all of our friends to see (get jealous of).

I forgot to mention that Facebook has also had a negative effect on young people and dating/relationships. Suddenly your face is showing up in other people's photos, women are generally jealous things and then fighting ensues. I think for teenagers it's not such a problem because they've always had Facebook. But for people in their 30's and older, it's much harder because we are not used to having our personal photos, personal thoughts and relationships blasted onto the internet for all of our friends to see (get jealous of).

Are you aware that joining Facebook is not compulsory?

PS... <deleted>!!!

I have never seen that effect on my girlfriend. We both agree not to do facial recognition and while she has the odd creepy guy ask to be her friend (DENIED!). Her friends look great, many of them have become my friends as well. We have mutual real life Thai friends and most of if not all male friends are gay or married.

BUT...facebook IS evil and after we make her visa, I am done w/ it.

don't waste a two week vacation just to find a wife... they have girls at the airport collecting trolleys, working in Burger King, cleaning toilets... no Thai girls have any self respect, or mind of their own... it is just like buying a new shirt at WalMart... choose the one that is on sale and fits less badly than the others... you should be sorted in a few minutes and on your way home...

Buy the ring in the US before you leave, as there are lots of dodgy jewel sellers in Thailand...

Daewoo

• Like 1

don't waste a two week vacation just to find a wife... they have girls at the airport collecting trolleys, working in Burger King, cleaning toilets... no Thai girls have any self respect, or mind of their own... it is just like buying a new shirt at WalMart... choose the one that is on sale and fits less badly than the others... you should be sorted in a few minutes and on your way home...

Buy the ring in the US before you leave, as there are lots of dodgy jewel sellers in Thailand...

Daewoo

Daewoo ... few people have such clarity on the subject ... but may I add 2 humble additions to your assessment?

1/ when trying on that shirt ... make sure it's a Female school uniform (University of course!) ... licklips.gif

2/ make sure she is an orphan. Not only are you assisting the potentially underprivileged in Thailand (you do have charitable bones don't you?) but you have removed the future Parents complication.

• Like 1

Are you aware that joining Facebook is not compulsory?

PS... <deleted>!!!

It's BARELY non-compulsory. Be prepared to answer several questions on why you do not have a Facebook page. At that point they do not trust you anymore anyways because now they think you have something to hide.

I guess I should have clarified before, but we are talking about American women aged 21-35 of which 120% of them have Facebook.

bangkokburning, just wait until the wrong lady friend comments on one of your photos. You've been warned.

Yeah, every Thai has a fb page, it's an illness! Surely every young person in reasonable proximity of a largish city.

Speak for yourself and what sort of untoward comment would be made on a photo that she had nothing to do with?

I do not have any "wrong lady" friends, I am not friend-ed to prostitutes and in fact a number of old girlfriends have found me and its all been quite good. One recently wanted to meet up with me and the gf while we are on our trip to USA and another offered us her vacation home in Palm Desert. Yet another who obviously has a sour marriage tried to get me up to her place while hubby was away last time I was back in US.

I have friended a few random Thai women, but they rarely post on my page if at all. I think they were attracted to my travel photos which I used to post up in the Thailand group often.

My relationship is clearly defined - I love my gf.

I am very careful about managing my friends. Recently, I killed off 98% of the people I knew in High School who are just idiots, Jesus freaks and Republican kool-aid drinking morons. I have about 90 friends now, almost exclusively Thai's, expats, travelers, etc...

Anyway OP - bad idea. Just a REALLY bad idea.

Edited by bangkokburning

Is it reasonable to think of bringing a girl over to the states I know id have to make trips to see her but I'm worried that she wouldn't be happy being far away from her family. I also wonder if i am too young to be appealing.
You would be off your peanut to take her back stateside, plain and simple, trust me I've been down that road,she still wasn't happy and missed her flea carpeted somtam

Hmmm, but l think your heading to disaster if you need to look to LOS for a lady. coffee1.gif

Agreed. Why the need for Thailand? Plenty of sexy Latina girls!

I know what you're saying about being 25. The Bible Belt has trained you well smile.png

A lot of what i am trying to do is escape much of the american misandry that seems to prevail its not skin color im worried about its mind set.

So it's the American female mindset that you're concerned about. Hmmm. On the outside chance that you did manage to find that dream Thai girl and you take her back to the states. What do you think her "mindset" will be after a few years?

After a financially devastating relationship with a farang woman, I decided that I was too immature to get married again. I was about 57 years old when I found a Thai woman who could put up with me. It takes some guys longer to mature than others.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the answers I like asking open ended questions when starting in a board to get a feel for the forum. I am not necessarily wealthy but i have a good thing going at this point starting to by a house i have a car good job finishing college. I figure I should start learning now as this will be a years long ordeal. American women haven't been appealing for their spoiled nature. Honestly it seems like this would be the best way to find a woman who has at least some usefulness.

What?

• 11 months later...

As far as getting married, it is an outdated social construct which has run it's course. The only reason for getting married is if you want to have children. Even then, with the failure rate of marriages in the west where both parties have common ancestry, culture, philosophies and goals, it is a losing bet to try and "import" a foreign model with the hopes that she will be different.

Obviously never been to Oklahoma.

Regarding American ladies and their spoiled nature...I agree, however the Thais are very spoiled as well. American women expect everything, while most Thai ladies only expect like 87%. But Thai ladies generally have a high sanook factor, and that is very nice.

Have you talked with your family about this? Does your family approve of you marrying a non-believer? Will you raise your children Christian, Buddhist or no religion? Does your family approve of that?

well my family knows my atheist-hood and accept it best as they can. For all intent and purposes the only family I have are my grand parents and they are 80 years old i guarantee they would accept any woman I brought in to my life unless they believe them to be malicious in nature.

Yo, Jef, decided to scroll back through a year's worth of posts and follow up on a few stories like prawn fishing farms, and dudes from Oklahoma.

So..... what did you end up doing? Where are you now? Maybe you don't even monitor TV and I'm ready to accept that result.

So, what's up?