Buying A Motorscooter In Thailand

acehealing

I'm pretty sure that you will need the correct visa to get it in your name. The little 125's are sold everywhere and are all about the same price new.

You might want to check the calssifieds for a used one I see them for sale all the time.

I just bought a Honda 125 cc Wave-I for 47,700 out the door with one free year of insurance. The sticker price was 50,300. It was very simple once you get your prove of residence from the immigration office near the airport.

There is a recent thread about that.

I ordered the color I wanted from the shop near the Tapei bridge and it came in with used hand grips. They offered to clean them and I laughed and walked out. I hear sometimes when you get your bike fixed they will take new parts and replace them with old parts.

Don't bother with second hand bikes, you never know what they've been through even if it looks good, and besides, new ones are cheap enough. Stick with a Honda for reliability and when you get it 'fixed' keep using Honda...very much doubt they'll be nicking parts off your bike there. You'll need a non-imm visa to have it in your name as well as address certificate.