Thaivisa Expands Services To Myanmar And Cambodia

webfact

MYANMAR FORUM LAUNCHED

Thaivisa expands services to Myanmar and Cambodia

BANGKOK: -- Thaivisa.com, the leading English language social networking website about Thailand, is expanding its operations to other countries in South-East Asia.

"We are now expanding into Myanmar and Cambodia", says Barry Main, marketing director of Bangkok-based Thaivisa Expat Group Co., Ltd who is upbeat about the new opportunities.

"We have carefully studied internet traffic trends and we see a sharp rise in search traffic and interest about our neighbor Myanmar", says Barry Main. "We believe it's pretty easy for us to get a good market share of forum traffic regarding Myanmar as we are good at retaining visitors coming in from the global search traffic. Thaivisa's intention is to become the market leader in Myanmar as well", says Barry Main.

"We have the logistics and infrastructure ready in the framework (we already have cloud hosting, support, marketing, sales and administration), and we are happy to announce the soft launch today of Myanmar Forum,

located at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/165-myanmar-forum/.

"This is just a start with the basics like general forum, news, visa forum, business and economy forum etc, as many of our visitors are searching for and inquiring about visa issues, business inquiries, hotel bookings and information about travel and lodgings in Myanmar.

Together with our travel partners and news providers, we are certain that we will be able to provide a complete service for Myanmar in the same manner that made Thaivisa.com so successful regarding Thailand related content. We are also looking for new service providers who are willing to work with us", says Barry Main.

Thaivisa is also entering the Cambodia market later this month with a similar concept.

Thaivisa.com is the largest expatriate website in the world with more than 45,000 unique visitors per day, serving more than 6 million page views per month, according to truehits.net and Google Analytics.

tvn.png

-- 2012-04-10

More information: Contact Barry Main, email [email protected]

Edited by Tywais
Fixed link
  • Like 1

It's welcome news to know that some posters on here are unique!

But always give credit where credit's due, ThaiVisa is a superbly run site and it's good that people in Myanmar and Cambodia will be able to benefit from it.

Edited by bigbamboo

Hello,

I am currently in Pattaya and have been going on two years now, i have been interested in Cambodia but as you know employment opportunities there are limited.

I was wondering if there where any employment needs for Thai-visa in their new venture there, if so how would i get this information ?

Thank you for any help !

Hello,

I am currently in Pattaya and have been going on two years now, i have been interested in Cambodia but as you know employment opportunities there are limited.

I was wondering if there where any employment needs for Thai-visa in their new venture there, if so how would i get this information ?

Thank you for any help !

Initially we are looking for people with good knowledge about Cambodia to join us in the moderator team. We are planning to setup a local office in Phnom Penh. Please email support [at] thaivisa.com if you are interested and we can talk.

Cheers

• Like 1

Why don;t you use the proper name of Burma or are you recognising the junta given name of that country.

Possibly do to the fact that the United Nations recognizes the country as Myanmar?

Thailand and the US recognised the rightful government of Cambodia as the Khmer Rouge in the UN.

Thankfully the forums that provide a service to that country are far more honest and open.

• Like 1

Why don;t you use the proper name of Burma or are you recognising the junta given name of that country.

Possibly do to the fact that the United Nations recognizes the country as Myanmar?

All Burmese people I know seem quite insistent on the name of their country being Myanmar.

your going to go up against the well established Kr440 and the SHV online for Shianoukvile

Best of luck

where as here, on thai visa, 50% of the people that seem to post all day long, complain, Seems most of them are living upcountry where there is nothing else to do :-)

those on the Cambodia forums praise the country they have chosen to live in

I just went into those forums and compared to Thai visa, they appear extremely basic.

I would say, there is no competition and having a decent forum in those countries like Thai visa, is well overdue.

One question to Thai visa:

Will all the new forums be moderated? I hope so.

<snip>

I would say, there is no competition and having a decent forum in those countries like Thai visa, is well overdue.

Maybe Beetlejuice there is an opportunity for you there ... they are looking for Mods and if you are contemplating a move to a new country, new opportunities for a quality poster like you.

your going to go up against the well established Kr440 and the SHV online for Shianoukvile

Best of luck

where as here, on thai visa, 50% of the people that seem to post all day long, complain, Seems most of them are living upcountry where there is nothing else to do :-)

I just went into those forums and compared to Thai visa, they appear extremely basic.

You are probably referring to khmer440.com which is an NGO web site

famous for flaming. If you are not an NGO do read the posts but do not add anything.

However innocent the evidence will be used against you.

Best of luck

You are probably referring to khmer440.com which is an NGO web site

famous for flaming. If you are not an NGO do read the posts but do not add anything.

However innocent the evidence will be used against you.

BULLSHIT!!!! it has NOTHING to do with any NGO's they are and can be a vicious group sometimes thou :-)

Hello,

Thank you for any help !

Initially we are looking for people with good knowledge about Cambodia to join us in the moderator team. We are planning to setup a local office in Phnom Penh. Please email support [at] thaivisa.com if you are interested and we can talk.

Cheers

I emailed u. Been traveling there since '96 Have lived there and am moving back this July.

Ps; I am one of the guys that still love phuket thou

​Does the word Myanmar actually mean anything?

Does the word google mean anything to you?

Myanmar in Burmese language means Myan=Fast/Rapid/Quick while Mar=Hard/Enduring/Resilient.

Burma is a name just like any country's name like Thai or Cambodia or America.

Actually, Burma comes from 'ba' 'mar' which in the colonizing Englishs' ears and tongues become Burma.

The name of the people living in that country are 'Ba' 'Mar's.

The whole world knows them as Burmese from the nme Burma given by the colonizing British.

The Junta changed it to 'Myanmar' with 'Ba' 'Mar' people living inside.

People in our country don't really have any problem whether you call their country Burma or Myanmar.

Of course it depends on individuals. Some don't like it when you say Burma while some don't like to say they are from Myanmar.

While I for one, don't really care whether you call it as Junta-given name or British-given, in my high opinion, I believe that the name Myanmar is accepted by most countries and majority of UN organizations.

Thus I am in favor of using the name Myanmar which has a great meaning as well.

But who am I to stop you from calling it what you like, you call it tomay-to, I call it tomar-to, I don't really care as log as it's a red-juicy-makes-you-healthy fruit.

I think this is all about the story of Burma and Myanmar.

After all, whether you guys spell Burma or Myanmar, I for one, am happy and welcome the fact that Thaivisa community expanded to Myanmar and I thank and appreciate whoever gave that decision.

And yes, I am a 'Ba' 'Mar'.