Zoo Charge Hike

DavidOxon

Hi

Chiang Mai Zoo has increased its shuttle bus charge from 20/10 bt to 70/30 bt

with a compulsory joint bus/monorial (sic) ticket!

This is more than the entry ticket price of 50 bt!

Seems a bit of a rip off and the girl behind the counter wasn't the sympathetic type!

David

Well Chiang Mai zoo has just ended a promo campaign on Ensogo, selling tickets to the aquarium (and maybe the zoo?) at less than half price.

Aswell as that "cost" the comission charges to ensogo are another 20%.....so maybe......just maybe,,,,,,,,,they are trying to recoup someof that loss to the ensogo ticket customers by increasing charges on the monorail to bona fide customers.

being cynical again!

Haven’t visited Chiang Mai zoo for years.

I hate the living conditions and the sad state of the animals there and if they do practice duel pricing for farangs, than I can see no incentives to ever want to visit.

Same applies to the so-called wonders of the Night safari, never been, never will.

• Like 1

entry ticket isnt 50 baht for foreigners. just been there last week

It was if you showed DL. At least last time we went.

Thanks for the info! any idea would it work for other attractions entry charges? the underwater world was a whopping 450 baht (iirc or somewhere along that price)

You can use your Thai DL to get in to all kinds of places for the same price as the Thais, including National parks. C.M. Zoo = 50 THB.

I've said it once and I'll say it again...befriend a tuk tuk driver and get all kinds of free tickets to all kinds of attractions. I've never paid for underwater world or whatever they call it; 450 THB??? No thanks. Same with the Panda exhibit, attractions at Royal Flora, 30% discounts at C.M. Cultural Center, Khum Kantoke, etc., etc.

I was there today. They didn't even bother asking me for the foreigner price. (I look very local of course). But anyone who claims to live in Chiang Mai can get in for 50 baht. (especially if you can produce a drivers license or something else that looks like you're spending a lot of time here)

Of course the buses are not compulsory; you can just walk. Keep in mind the zoo is a BIG place though, and very hilly.

The zoo is a really great place actually, and also probably the best 'park' we have for things like a morning exercise run. (At 50 baht, but okay.. Bangkok people pay 50 baht just for the pleasure of joining a tollway traffic jam; we're lucky.). The aquarium was impressive too; those things do cost money though, the regular zoo areas are all free after paying the 50 baht entrance, but aquarium, snow dome and pandas cost $$$.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

I was there today. They didn't even bother asking me for the foreigner price. (I look very local of course). But anyone who claims to live in Chiang Mai can get in for 50 baht. (especially if you can produce a drivers license or something else that looks like you're spending a lot of time here)

Of course the buses are not compulsory; you can just walk. Keep in mind the zoo is a BIG place though, and very hilly.

The zoo is a really great place actually, and also probably the best 'park' we have for things like a morning exercise run. (At 50 baht, but okay.. Bangkok people pay 50 baht just for the pleasure of joining a tollway traffic jam; we're lucky.). The aquarium was impressive too; those things do cost money though, the regular zoo areas are all free after paying the 50 baht entrance, but aquarium, snow dome and pandas cost $$$.

ic, could have save a couple of bahts if i knew that. but well . .

to be honest, the snow dome and pandas are quite disappointing. the aquarium is nice though i expected the underwater tunnel to be better especially after reading some exaggerated reviews. the hong kong one is one whole different class, just wow

Agreed with the above; I also never visited the pandas or snow dome. Walking under the sea with all the fish overhead is still a great experience for the kids, who really wanted to go. My wife said she liked the National Aquarium in Baltimore better, which I thought kind of funny as I would never have thought to even put them in the same league. It's okay for what it is though I think.