Why No More Parking

ThaiPauly

I have been relaibly informed that there is no more parking to be had in Assunan Market?

Apparantly it is now filled with another 50 stalls all selling the same thing (well I mean 10 of each or something like that)

This is madness! :o

Where on earth are you supposed to park know when you go to the night bazzar?

Must be a real bummer for restaurants down there like the Prawn Farm and O'Mallys :D

I had heard that the market was owned by Chang Breweries and that it was all gonna be knocked down and turned into a mall, but shame on the CM authorites for allowing the car parking facilites to be closed

Anyway, I have not seen it for myself but my mate has, can anyone else confirm this to be the case? and any hints on where to park close by now would be appreciated, I mean the car park was always busy at nights, must have been 200 cars/trucks a night in there, where are they all parking now?

TP

Yup.. You can't drive straight through down to Charoen Prathet Rd now anymore, you have to go around a bunch of new stalls. There's still 'some' parking there though.

For more parking, park behind the Sor-3 dept. store at the back of Galare food center.

Or do like I do and avoid the whole area like the plague. :o (Especially this season on weekends when they close the Night Bazar area to traffic and truckloads of Bangkok people drive up to Chiang Mai.. God what a mess.)

Cheers,

Chanchao