KFC Thailand In Earthquake Promotion Apology

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget, this is the same Thailand that has had at least two schools (one year after the other) put on a s(a)port-dey parade with students dressed up as SS guard bearing the swastika and doing the "Heil Hitler" salute...

Shameless or Insensitive?

Like when Prince Harry went to a costume party wear a Gestapo uniform with a swastika?

• Like 1

Don't forget, this is the same Thailand that has had at least two schools (one year after the

other) put on a s(a)port-dey parade with

students dressed up as SS guard bearing the swastika and doing the "Heil Hitler"

Like when Prince Harry went to a costume party wear a Gestapo uniform with a swastika?

Harry is both insensitive and shameless but mostly stupid.

Edited by Bluespunk

some of the people here act like insensitivity in advertising is relegated to Thailand alone. google "insensitivity in advertising" and you will see it's a world wide phenomena.

Or, in France where Aidan Burley, MP from Cannock Chase was with 12 friends, some dressed as Nazi's, at a British style pub, some of who were chanting "Hitler, Hitler, HItler"

dont see the problem.. but then again im not one of those neo-<deleted> that get offended and cry to their mommies every single day when someone looks at them the wrong way.

those born 50 years ago had it good. Anyone complaining about something as stupid as this would get tied to a tree and left there for a night back then. no whining little girls were allowed to exist publicly without major punishment.

this is SO thai. complain about kfc promoting education on the tsunnami.. but then they leave home to go to mcdonalds and decide not to wear their helmet to keep their mullet intact.

I wish there was a prescription for drivel...seriously what on earth are you babbling about?

Not only the Tsunami is dangerous. Sitting in front of the TV eating fried chicken is dangerous for your health too.

You forgot the super big Coke, heavy cheesed Pizza with peperoni and fries ...god bless America that brought this terrible way to feed the temple

Don't forget, this is the same Thailand that has had at least two schools (one year after the

other) put on a s(a)port-dey parade with

students dressed up as SS guard bearing the swastika and doing the "Heil Hitler"

Harry is both insensitive and shameless but mostly stupid.

Maybe, but he has proven to be a very good soldier.

• Like 1

maybe they should sue them in America,. Not a normal promotion. Let them pay for such a remark.,they wouldn't get away with it in the "west"

That is one of the reasons I don't live in the west.

They will sue over any thing.

Take no responsibility for your life if some thing goes wrong sue.

Gotta admit it was tasteless but it did get a smile out of me.

dont see the problem.. but then again im not one of those neo-<deleted> that get offended and cry to their mommies every single day when someone looks at them the wrong way.

those born 50 years ago had it good. Anyone complaining about something as stupid as this would get tied to a tree and left there for a night back then. no whining little girls were allowed to exist publicly without major punishment.

this is SO thai. complain about kfc promoting education on the tsunnami.. but then they leave home to go to mcdonalds and decide not to wear their helmet to keep their mullet intact.

You have a very appropriate "handle." "Hostile 17" No need to elaborate...Dude...really...get some rest...

Well I have to agree with Hostile 17 up to a point. I think most of the complaints came from Farongs. And yes they like the Thai's will go to McDonald's on their motor bike with out a helmet.

Many here sound like a lot of softies. coffee1.gif

Agreed many are here because they couldn't take it back home.

Then there are others here because back home has become a nanny state and would throw huge fines at KFC for a advertisement like that.

• Like 1

Many here sound like a lot of softies. coffee1.gif

Agreed many are here because they couldn't take it back home.

Then there are others here because back home has become a nanny state and would throw huge fines at KFC for a advertisement like that.

Fine them or not, it was all in rather bad (spiceeee or normun) taste.

I imagine KFC are horrified at all this free publicity they're getting.

"No publicity is bad publicity unless they spell your name wrong" Remember when Hewlett Packard were going to use the Gary Glitter song 'do you wanna touch?' to promote a new smart touch TV?You cannot buy that sort of publicity!

KFC were being good capitalists, but bad humans. One and the same.

In capitalism, you maximize your profits at any cost (of decency, exploitation of humans, etc.). This is the way the game is played. And then people claiming to support capitalism bitch and moan at people for playing the game correctly.

KFC were being good capitalists, but bad humans. One and the same.

In capitalism, you maximize your profits at any cost (of decency, exploitation of humans, etc.). This is the way the game is played. And then people claiming to support capitalism bitch and moan at people for playing the game correctly.

Well winning the game is to make the consumer believe you made your money decently. Even cigarette companies and arms dealers have social responsibility programs.

Not much good comes out of making your company appear heartless. Just imagine if the tsunami had hit and some poor Somchai on the delivery bike had got caught up in it?

The funny thing about this is that the marketing guru who came up with this train smash is probably some "Na" with an education from overseas, so I presume KFC Thailand will have to create an inactive post mimicking the police.

Am I alone in finding the quality of KFC in Thailand far inferior to the UK & USA?

KFC is crap everywhere,... full stop... if you guys only knew what goes into cooking it....no wonder wonder the 11 herbs and spices are a secret!

Think I'll pick up the phone now....licklips.gif